Mylon's Many Mods

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Strategic Sage
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Mylon's Many Mods

Post by Strategic Sage »

Thanks for Bot Servicing, I'm also a fan of Global Warming. Sensible stuff like that which adds to the things the player must contend with is great for Factorio.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Apparently I goofed. I fixed Global Warming a month ago but never published it! So I finally got around to fixing that. I might publish the good bits of Hardcore Survival as a new mod that relies more upon vanilla pollution mechanics for pacing, but with the enhanced biter behavior.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Mylon wrote:New mod: Bot Servicing
Compatibility report with Creative Mode Fix mod.

https://imgur.com/a/a2WAC
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Creative mode does not have an official 0.16 version so I can't test.

But the error should be fixed now.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Sorry, it's the Fix version of Creative Mode.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Chrisgbk ... e-mode-fix

Edit: Downloaded and tested the fixed version, and get this error: https://imgur.com/a/JT1WF
Disable Dectorio, and then I get the error from the previous post again.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

FuryoftheStars wrote:Sorry, it's the Fix version of Creative Mode.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Chrisgbk ... e-mode-fix

Edit: Downloaded and tested the fixed version, and get this error: https://imgur.com/a/JT1WF
Disable Dectorio, and then I get the error from the previous post again.
Okay I found the problem and I put out a fix. And while I was at it, I also got the icon overlay feature to work so the mod is even better than before!

Xuerian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xuerian »

Got this error while attacking a biter base:

Code: Select all

25198.943 Error MainLoop.cpp:1013: Exception at tick 1334416: Error while running event Bot_Servicing::on_robot_pre_mined (ID 15)
__Bot_Servicing__/control.lua:65: attempt to call global 'get_inventory' (a nil value)
25198.943 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:95: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event Bot_Servicing::on_robot_pre_mined (ID 15)
__Bot_Servicing__/control.lua:65: attempt to call global 'get_inventory' (a nil value)"

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Xuerian wrote:Got this error while attacking a biter base:

25198.943 Error MainLoop.cpp:1013: Exception at tick 1334416: Error while running event Bot_Servicing::on_robot_pre_mined (ID 15)
__Bot_Servicing__/control.lua:65: attempt to call global 'get_inventory' (a nil value)
25198.943 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:95: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event Bot_Servicing::on_robot_pre_mined (ID 15)
__Bot_Servicing__/control.lua:65: attempt to call global 'get_inventory' (a nil value)"
Fixed. Thanks for the report.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Mylon wrote:Okay I found the problem and I put out a fix. And while I was at it, I also got the icon overlay feature to work so the mod is even better than before!
Gave this a try and works! Found another bug, though. :P

Appears to be related to Dectorio (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/PantherX/Dectorio). When using Creative Mode Fix's Magic Wand to remove resource tiles, the below error is thrown. I have a large mod list, but happens even when Bot Servicing, Dectorio, and Creative Mode Fix are the only mods loaded. Disabling Dectorio causes the error to go away. And never had this issue before installing Bot Servicing.

111.908 Error MainLoop.cpp:1013: Exception at tick 520: Error while running event creative-mode-fix::on_player_alt_selected_area (ID 50)
Error while running event Bot_Servicing::on_robot_pre_mined (ID 15)
__Bot_Servicing__/control.lua:59: attempt to index field 'surface' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/util.lua:159: in function 'raise_event'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/util.lua:289: in function 'destroy_entity_and_raise_event'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/magic-wand-creator.lua:515: in function 'on_player_alt_selected_area'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/events.lua:455: in function '?'
	__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/events.lua:1113: in function <__creative-mode-fix__/scripts/events.lua:1048

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

It looks like Creative Mode Fix is improperly calling an event. I can fix my mod to be more lenient on extra calls, but Creative Mode needs to not call invalid events.

I put out a fix. Can you retest, please?

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

That moment when you realize your most popular mod is one you thought barely worked and didn't support very well and haven't upgraded to 0.16 yet...

Well I fixed that now. I see a lot of changes I can make to improve it too.

melzedan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by melzedan »

About the "Bot Servicing" mod, what hapens to the stuff the bot is carrying when it crashes?

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

melzedan wrote:About the "Bot Servicing" mod, what hapens to the stuff the bot is carrying when it crashes?
Stuff drops on the ground with the bot and will be picked up separately. Also creates a fun case where bots can break trying to pick up another bot!

adiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bot Servicing Suggestions

Post by adiac »

Is it possible to increase the rate at which bots crash?
I made a test setup with 5000 logistic bots and only one assembly machine for repairs and it can keep up with no problem.

Also I think the repair should cost some resources. Maybe some parts of the original crafting recipe.
You could add some in game options for tweaking.

I like the idea of the mod. Personally I think bots are too powerful and boring. Adding some mechanic to make them more interesting is a good idea.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

There's definitely room for improvement in Bot Servicing. My calculations figured that a single ASM2 can keep up with about 10,000 logistic bots! So yeah, I'll definitely have to tweak the crash rate. I may double the crafting time too, only because ASM3 + speed modules are a thing.

I don't think replacement parts is a core element of the mod. There's no cost to picking up and replacing buildings for example. Though this cost does exist in marathon mode for a slight extra challenge.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Mylon wrote:I don't think replacement parts is a core element of the mod. There's no cost to picking up and replacing buildings for example. Though this cost does exist in marathon mode for a slight extra challenge.
Would it be possible to add it as an option in the menus to enable the marathon cost even if not playing in marathon mode?

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Nice scenario!

Crash when clicking 'accept crew' though:

185.880 Error MainLoop.cpp:1016: Exception at tick 1947: Error while running event level::on_gui_checked_state_changed (ID 3)
...mapps/common/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:613: attempt to index field 'ttsfn-autoturn' (a nil value)

Seth_Seth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Seth_Seth »

Quick question (I'm the supermariofan20 user), will you be updating the This Tank Stops For Nobody mod anytime soon?
hi.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Seth_Seth wrote:Quick question (I'm the supermariofan20 user), will you be updating the This Tank Stops For Nobody mod anytime soon?
What's wrong with TTSFN? I updated it recently to fix some of the bugs here.

Return to “Mods”