[MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
husky777
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by husky777 »

Hello! after the last update I noticed a small bug. Almost all vehicles are no longer in need of fuel. And longtime bug - no use of fuel progress bar

PS: mod one of the best I've seen
This text is written in broken English
greetings from the Russian Federation

gamewarden7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gamewarden7 »

husky777 wrote:Hello! after the last update I noticed a small bug. Almost all vehicles are no longer in need of fuel. And longtime bug - no use of fuel progress bar
Same thing has been happening to me as well, and another possible bug, or maybe mod problems:
I was using 5dims plus a bunch of other mods with AAI, and the hauler and miner, both automated, kept on taking damage, and moving all over the place as if they were lagging in a multiplayer game. If you need a list of the mods I am using I can surely give that to you if you need it.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

gamewarden7 wrote:
husky777 wrote:Hello! after the last update I noticed a small bug. Almost all vehicles are no longer in need of fuel. And longtime bug - no use of fuel progress bar
Same thing has been happening to me as well, and another possible bug, or maybe mod problems:
I was using 5dims plus a bunch of other mods with AAI, and the hauler and miner, both automated, kept on taking damage, and moving all over the place as if they were lagging in a multiplayer game. If you need a list of the mods I am using I can surely give that to you if you need it.
Im getting this for long time everytime they are moving over BP of concrete or another floor BP, but sadly i forgot to mention it earlier...

tuthahn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tuthahn »

Hello, everybody,

this mod is really great, but I got a problem with the setup to clear empty resource zones. The arithmethic combinator makes the signal walk through the entities of the defined zone type, it is scaned and of there are no more resources, it is deleted by the zone controler - so far so good. But my problem is, that the walk throuh the entities is obviously too fast, not every signal is performed by the zone controler. Expecialy entitiy number 1 is often skipped. And that's the problem, because my miner stands still in the middle of nowhere instead of starting to the next marked zone. I tried many ways to slow down the signal, with a pulse generator or a time combinator, but without success. Does anybody have an idea how to make sure, that every entity of the zone is registered by the zone controler? Thank's in advance.

BTW, that mod is really great, now I just have to check out how to make complex signal processing only with arithmetic and decider combinators ;-)

Best wishes, tuthahn

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I think the low fuel usage is a side effect of the reduced impact damage, I will need to do more testing on that. The miner fuel usage was intentionally lowered though because people were complaining about it being too high. I can probably fix the vehicles crashing into ghost entities because I found a new way of doing collisionless objects.

Scanners will skip more frames the more scanners you add. If you want to make sure one is processed before moving on to the next one then you could check that the output x and y tile values have changed before you increment the id.

Yosdu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yosdu »

Hey, looks to me like there is something wrong with entity-updates - all vehicles got 99.9% resistance to impact when mod is enabled...

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

The latest version fixes the low fuel usage and vehicles colliding with ghost entities. Vehicles when active now produce a small amount of pollution.

Vehicles are also better at parking on the right spot (instead of about 0.3 tiles away) and don't change mode when parked (which resets hand-mining progress).
Yosdu wrote:Hey, looks to me like there is something wrong with entity-updates - all vehicles got 99.9% resistance to impact when mod is enabled...
That's not a bug. The impact damage vehicles do has been reduced and so has the impact damage they take. Vehicles bump into each other and buildings a lot, so the the advantage or reducing impact damage outweighs the slightly odd fact the a moving vehicle can now survive a train hit.

Yosdu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yosdu »

Ok got it.
Though the other side-effect is that vehicles became pretty much immune to biters damage...

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Yosdu wrote:Ok got it.
Though the other side-effect is that vehicles became pretty much immune to biters damage...
Biters do physical or acid damage, not impact damage.

Commandomike
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Commandomike »

So, I'm still just trying to wrap my head around how this mod works, but one thing has occurred to me: if you can send a vehicle to a zone, is there some way to keep a vehicle from entering a zone? If there is a way to keep them out of a zone, then I don't care how derpy the vehicles are, I can zone my factory to keep them away from stuff I don't want them to run into. If there is a way to do it, how would it be done?

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Commandomike wrote:So, I'm still just trying to wrap my head around how this mod works, but one thing has occurred to me: if you can send a vehicle to a zone, is there some way to keep a vehicle from entering a zone? If there is a way to keep them out of a zone, then I don't care how derpy the vehicles are, I can zone my factory to keep them away from stuff I don't want them to run into. If there is a way to do it, how would it be done?
I like to use a red arrow zone to mark the edge of areas I don't want vehicles to go to. If a vehicle goes in there then the zone shows up on the unit scanner, and if it does I give the vehicle an angle and speed that will force it away. E.g: Red arrow south means an angle of 180. Sometimes this causes the vehicle to keep bouncing off the edge because it really want to go through the base for some reason. I just use walls to block that path so it won't even try, but you could set a command to make it go around some corner and not let the vehicle's usual commands take effect unless it has completed it's previous command had has had a few seconds of inactivity.

Yosdu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yosdu »

Earendel wrote:
Yosdu wrote:Ok got it.
Biters do physical or acid damage, not impact damage.
Hm I thought so, but what I observed is that a car standing in the middle of a biters group gets very minimal damage - what I was used to was 'do not stop or you die'. Need to compare with and without mod, might be that what was usually damaging it was crashing into biters, not their attacks...
Although, I am back to Factorio after almost a year, so maybe something else changed in game, too.

Anyhow, impressive work :)

Edit:
Tested, I was wrong, or it was something else affecting it first time I tried. Thanks for your patience :)

Now balancing question - do you plan any config options to change recipes, or alternate versions of modules? Right now all modules are required, and I feel like the early chaingunner is a bit OP - it renders the car obsolete basicaly. IMO it should be much, much slower, with insane fuel inefficiency, to force player to get better, real units instead of mobile turret.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Yosdu wrote: Now balancing question - do you plan any config options to change recipes, or alternate versions of modules? Right now all modules are required, and I feel like the early chaingunner is a bit OP - it renders the car obsolete basicaly. IMO it should be much, much slower, with insane fuel inefficiency, to force player to get better, real units instead of mobile turret.
I'm open to balancing suggestions. At the moment I expect things to not be balanced, but my focus right now is bug fixing and then completing the outstanding features. Once those steps are done then I might try a tutorial video, and then everything needs to be balanced. The balancing will involve changing some stats, recipes, adding dedicated tech for things like the chaingunner and miner variants, etc. Also I plant to add config options for whether or not you start the game with a miner, that sort of thing. If you want to suggest stat changes that's great but I probably won't get round to it right away.

Also, after the balancing and new techs are done I will be looking for help with translations. If anyone is willing to help when the time comes that would be appreciated, otherwise it will just be gobldygoogle.

Yosdu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yosdu »

Ok, count me in for any help I can provide - can translate to Silesian and Polish.

I am currently playing with stats of the miner and other vehicles a bit, so I'm happy to provide you with alternate values/files should you be interested (yes, I read the license, no redistribution - just doing it on my local machine).
I like the boost miner gives on game start, but at the same time I think it should be much more costly to create one, and more fragile (15 damage reduction means its immune to early biters).

I am thinking of such a scenario:

Start with a miner, hauler, a few chaingunners, depo. Hauler could actually hold in it's trunk some resources, maybe assemblers etc. No hand crafting could be nice.
Make each of these units more fragile and much more costly, meaning you basically cannot replace them for a long while if they get destroyed.
So lots of iron and gears needed to make an unit. Not 5 gears, more like 500 - miner is a big beast. And loads of engines, similar to what locomotive requires.
In case of hauler - well, its a huge truck, it should need big engine, too. And loads of iron, gears, steel.

Of course that's my idea of fun ;)

Brathahn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Brathahn »

Hi,
first of all: great mod!
But i have found a bug while playing around with the Unit Controller.
When you set a negative speed with a combinator the vehicle will go that fast.. so -1000 lets it fly away like a bullet :lol:
Somehow funny but i think thats not intended.

i made a quick video for you to see what i mean.
Watch the hauler in the bottom right:
https://youtu.be/kJFA4pGQF3o

NinjaDanny
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NinjaDanny »

I've noticed something when trying to get the hauler to get resources from a miner it gets derpy when it's on its way to the miner and spins in the middle of no where.

I have the miner working perfectly, but when I followed the guide to make the hauler loop it didn't work.

Also I noticed the guides do not explain what the resource counts are when using a decider combinator. The output "1" or "input count". It's very vague, and I noticed I need to enable it a bunch of time and turn some of to even get things going. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's hard to figure out what that's for and what it does.

Also it would be awesome to have a video showcase if you or someone else could make one to explain the basics of getting started. I absolutely love how this mod works and what it does. Just wish it was less difficult to get going.

FrozenShadeHayd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FrozenShadeHayd »

I love this Mod so far, such a great addition to the game. I agree with NinjaDanny though, a video guide for the basics and some setup would be very beneficial.

MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MBas »

GeekBeam wrote: I wasn't able to figure out how to get the distance I wanted without using a square root function (which sadly doesn't exist in factorio :? )
Hello. Check this: viewtopic.php?f=193&t=40747 (square root calculator with 3 combinators)

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

I appologize if this question has already been answered. I just checked the first page.

In the examples, why are you multiplied X and Y by 1? That seems like a pointless operation to me.

dead8eye
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dead8eye »

hi :)

can you please make an video?

my friends and i can´t configure the mining vessels because the controlling is a littlebit to difficult.

thanks!

Return to “Mods”