Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by Mernom »

Berkys32 wrote:
Thecraftydawg wrote:
While i appreciate the BP. As i said in my previous post I have already tried the BP strings that are on the first page for this mod. For some reason i cant get them to work. Every time i try and input a string i get an error code.
This BP I made when I told you Im going to make you one. I made it on my knee in like minutes, and it is working. Contact me on Discord (link below) and we can play in MP for awhile...

EDIT: What do you input? Only input to scanner is distance value...
You can also input the X\Y coordinates of the center point you want to scan from. Default point is the scanner's location.

Thecraftydawg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thecraftydawg »

Mernom wrote:
Thecraftydawg wrote:
Berkys32 wrote:I suppose you know how to scan tiles. Output is X and Y coords plus what is on it. So you make IF function which when true will send wanted zone to that X Y coords. Im gonna do some BP for you ;)

EDIT: Here it is:

Code: Select all

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
While i appreciate the BP. As i said in my previous post I have already tried the BP strings that are on the first page for this mod. For some reason i cant get them to work. Every time i try and input a string i get an error code.
What mods are you using? Did you try with AAI only?
I tried this blue print string and with only the AAI mods and it is working. I even did an exaustive test where i loaded up each mod to see if it would not work with them loaded. It seems to work with them all. But maybe the bp strings on the front page dont work no more because if i try them they fail.

P.S. I was really asking in my orignal post if anyone knew how to make that Iterative scanner which was supposed to scan each tile in sequence. From what i understand from Stejo's video the zone scanner scans a random tile with a preference of scanning a tile nearest the center of the scan. If im understanding him right it will scan those tiles more than once. I want something thats going to scan then check if theres a resource or enemy nest then mark it with the appropriate zone marking.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

This is scanning and marking resources and enemies. Yes, randomly, but its working quite good. If you want, you can dk differwnt pattern - you can even scan only chosen tiles. But which tiles you want to scan? You have to be specific. Yes, you can scann all known terrain, from west to east, line after line, but I doubt this will be efficient.
Imho one scanner in base without range limitation is enough. Or 4 scanners, one in each corner of base, with center of scanning moved further on NW/NE/SW/SE. Beware of how many machines you use, and how often they will be running. It can slow down whole game

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I have a scanner that goes in a spiral outwards from a center. Just takes some circuit logic, chests and inserters for memory cells and some imagination.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Thecraftydawg wrote:*Snip*
If you just look at the video, recreating the scanner shouldn't be too hard. What it does it simple: it selects a center point, then selects a distance, then calculates the starting and ending X\Y coordinates. Then, it scans the first X and Y, following by increasing the X coordinates until it gets to the last X. Then, it goes back to the first X, and goes up by 1 Y. The video you linked has enough information to rebuild it with some dedication. If all you do is simply copy blueprints, you'll never learn how things work.

Also, it's possible that the blueprints at the front page don't work because it was made in an older version of the game, and is incompatible with 0.16.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Also sorry for double posting, but I have a question to the mod author.

Do you ever plan to add an 'any zone' signal? Like the 'anything', except it only looks at zone signals. Is it even possible? I'm trying to build a simplified command unit that can order all of my miners and haulers, and I managed to narrow it down quite a bit, the only thing that really gives me problems is IDing the zone I want the unit to go to, as I store them in the unit data. As it is, I'll need to add one combinator per zone used.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Not possible.

But you can make a (bunch of) constant combinators that output all zones and then multiply that with the signals you have leaving only the zones.

A * B = ((A + B)^2 - (A - B)^2) / 4.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

mrvn wrote:Not possible.

But you can make a (bunch of) constant combinators that output all zones and then multiply that with the signals you have leaving only the zones.

Not possible technically, or just not posible with the current version?

And another thing, I have a question about how the AAI structures work. If I set them to work every X tics, how do they do it exactly? Do they immideatly start skipping tics, or do they wait for the next command, and then have a CD before accepting another?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Mernom wrote:
mrvn wrote:Not possible.

Not possible technically, or just not posible with the current version?

And another thing, I have a question about how the AAI structures work. If I set them to work every X tics, how do they do it exactly? Do they immideatly start skipping tics, or do they wait for the next command, and then have a CD before accepting another?
It's not possibly for mods to implement meta signals. The game engine doesn't allow them and emulating them in LUA is prohibitivly expensive.

netherous
Inserter
Inserter

Post by netherous »

I'm trying AAI again and having a lot of fun with it in my Angel+Bobs+Py run. One problem though is that every vehicle put down starts in Auto:Off (blue) AI mode when placed. If I try to mine it it will say "This cannot be mined while anyone is in it or the AI is switched on." To pick up the vehicle again, I must get inside it, hit the AI button twice, get out, and THEN mine it. This makes it pretty onerous to place quick vehicles for getting around, or to pick up and move fleets of vehicles. I just spent 20 minutes picking up a battalion of tanks when it should have taken less than a minute.

Is this intentional? Could another of my mods be causing it? Is there a way to set the default AI when a vehicle is placed or to quickly toggle AIs for groups of vehicles?

ZlovreD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZlovreD »

Hello. Can you move all data rewriting/manipulation into data-update, or data-final-fixes and left data.lua only for new content generation?
Otherwise, it's breaks vanilla content and makes it incompatible with other mods.

For example: aai-vehicles-flame-tank
Rewriting "flamethrower-ammo" prototype. Vanila version has 2 ammo_types for different sources.

Modappreciater
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Modappreciater »

Hello guys,

after posting this in the wrong place I landed here.
I'm playing a game with the AAI Mods and to be fair with a lot more too :D
Now while playing and programming different zones and wardens i sometimes get the following bug and the game sends me back to the main menu after clicking ok:

Error while running event aai-programmable-structures::on_tick (ID 0)
Value outside of range in property tree at ROOT[2].count
stack traceback:
__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:393: in function 'struct_export_outputs_to_constants'
__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:942: in function 'struct_process_input_output'
__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:964: in function 'struct_update_state'
__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1255: in function <__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1190>

If someone knows something about this or is interested in more information, like modlist, please let me know but even thanks for reading :D

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

I had problems with the Warden too. I think I still have a save where it's easy to recreat the crash.
netherous wrote:I'm trying AAI again and having a lot of fun with it in my Angel+Bobs+Py run. One problem though is that every vehicle put down starts in Auto:Off (blue) AI mode when placed. If I try to mine it it will say "This cannot be mined while anyone is in it or the AI is switched on." To pick up the vehicle again, I must get inside it, hit the AI button twice, get out, and THEN mine it. This makes it pretty onerous to place quick vehicles for getting around, or to pick up and move fleets of vehicles. I just spent 20 minutes picking up a battalion of tanks when it should have taken less than a minute.

Is this intentional? Could another of my mods be causing it? Is there a way to set the default AI when a vehicle is placed or to quickly toggle AIs for groups of vehicles?
You don't actually have to enter each vehicle. You can select them all with the remote controller insted. Or, you could try to use the Vehicle controller to send an off command to Tank ID1, and then just pick it up, making the next tank ID 1. An easy setup to make.

netherous
Inserter
Inserter

Post by netherous »

Mernom wrote:I had problems with the Warden too. I think I still have a save where it's easy to recreat the crash.
netherous wrote:I'm trying AAI again and having a lot of fun with it in my Angel+Bobs+Py run. One problem though is that every vehicle put down starts in Auto:Off (blue) AI mode when placed. If I try to mine it it will say "This cannot be mined while anyone is in it or the AI is switched on." To pick up the vehicle again, I must get inside it, hit the AI button twice, get out, and THEN mine it. This makes it pretty onerous to place quick vehicles for getting around, or to pick up and move fleets of vehicles. I just spent 20 minutes picking up a battalion of tanks when it should have taken less than a minute.

You don't actually have to enter each vehicle. You can select them all with the remote controller insted. Or, you could try to use the Vehicle controller to send an off command to Tank ID1, and then just pick it up, making the next tank ID 1. An easy setup to make.
That's a little quicker, but using the remote to make a large selection, I still have to click once for each vehicle in the list to disable AI, so it's still a pain to do for more than a couple dozen vehicles each time. I wish the goofy biter AI could actually deal with pathing through trees so I didn't have to pick up and place so much.

What I'd really love is to be able to mine vehicles in Auto:On state if the AI isn't currently controlling them to do anything.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Feature idea: Mining vehicle leaves cliffs behind

Post by mrvn »

The mining vehicle looks like it is digging up earth and sorts out the usable ores. When you do that in real live you are left with a hole. See open-pit mine in google or wikipedia.

So why not do this in factorio too? When you mine ore and exhaust the tiles under the miner the terrain should be lower. So place some cliffs around it with an entry ramp on the back end / below the miner. On larger patches there would still be ore below / in those cliffs. So driving a miner next to a cliff should mine that ore and then move the cliff further away.

For rich patches there could even be multiple levels. Mining the first half places cliffs and you have to expand them first to dig any deeper in the middle. This would require mining cliffs just to move them. Maybe mining cliffs could produce stone if no ore is present?

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Feature idea: Mining vehicle leaves cliffs behind

Post by Mernom »

mrvn wrote:The mining vehicle looks like it is digging up earth and sorts out the usable ores. When you do that in real live you are left with a hole. See open-pit mine in google or wikipedia.

So why not do this in factorio too? When you mine ore and exhaust the tiles under the miner the terrain should be lower. So place some cliffs around it with an entry ramp on the back end / below the miner. On larger patches there would still be ore below / in those cliffs. So driving a miner next to a cliff should mine that ore and then move the cliff further away.

For rich patches there could even be multiple levels. Mining the first half places cliffs and you have to expand them first to dig any deeper in the middle. This would require mining cliffs just to move them. Maybe mining cliffs could produce stone if no ore is present?
That would be both complicated to implament and very inconvenient. It would also require to completly change how the miners actualy mine stuff.

Krivougolnik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krivougolnik »

Using this mod consumes too much computer resources. Is it possible to somehow correct this?

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Optimize your setup to use as few controll structures as possible, and don't zone mark the entire map.

Gaist
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gaist »

Love this mod, much more viable for a solo game than multiplayer regrettably (at least for our group.) Even with a pretty hefty server rig, having AAI programming active with control towers introduces jitter-lag for connected players--but using the remote control to dispatch orders to AAI vehicles directly blows out connected player connections for us. Will have to just use the vehicles as they come and save the programming for singleplayer at present.

On a separate note, a somewhat cheaty discovery was that the mining rig will happily collect Angel's infinite ore without acid extraction.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

It looks like my question may have went unseen.
How exactly does the 'work every X tics' function work? Does it inudce a CD starting with the moment you press OK and every time the device works? Or does the CD start only when the device gets a viable signal packet?

Return to “Mods”