[MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Sigma1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by Sigma1 »

Just a quick question, how did you make the textures for your models?
she/they

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Sigma1 wrote:Just a quick question, how did you make the textures for your models?
Blender, Photoshop, Texture Packer, & textures.com.

Rothguard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rothguard »

please everyone upload blueprints :D

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

I just had a funny issue regarding the pathfinding (and yes I know Biter pathfinding is a tad wonky; I'm NOT reporting this as a bug; just for laughs and giggles)

The little Cargo truck that kinda could?
So using the mining vehicles I had set a very remote outpost far far away from my base because I couldn't be bothered with actually building a full outpost there...the coal patch was too small to actually deem it viable. So I build a storage depot, a cargo truck, loaded the cargo truck with vehicle fuel and used the controller to manually just direct it to go back and forth. No issues so far.
Eventually I had a HUGE surpluss of concrete I was looking to dump and decided it would be well spent to build a highway to said outpost (because eventually I needed to tap another resource patch close by) and here's where stuff got wonky.

Between the mining outpost that supplied the coal and the processing plant that needed the coal I had a small research station that was processing the leftover science bottles that had accumulated during my early game...nothing fancy; just 6 science labs with chests and belts processing a bulk of red and green science that was leftover from my haydays.
Because I knew about the pathfinding issue I had build a wall around it to avoid the cargotruck actually ramming the sciencelabs or otherwise getting stuck

Or so I thought.

Some couple of minutes later I discovered my cargo truck was MIA....
I found it in the middle of my science stations and was like "well HTF did you get there?"
So I decided to follow it on it's next route back.

On the way towards the remote mining operation...no problem...all neat and dandy (apart from some weird twisting and turning on a stretch of some 10 blocks of straight, concrete road, barred on both sides by a wall 2 lines thick.
But the way back....oh boi; the way back.
Instead of the twists and turns on the way in the driver had apparently figured out the straight highway was an ideal place to make use of that vehicle fuel and press the pedal to the metal. The resulting speed was SO high it then proceeded to clip through the 2lines thick barrier; straight into the middle of my science station....on a belt going the exact opposite way of which it was going...got SERIOUSLY confused about how to handle this...then proceeded to clip through 2 of the 6 science stations...get stuck in the science bottle-providing chest for some 10 seconds...then decided the laws of physics were a drag, clipped through the other 4 science stations...2 more layers of walls and drove straight to the receiving storage depot......none of the buildings nor walls suffered ANY damage due to impact collisions.

Needless to say the people who were actually on discord with me whilst I was doing this (and whom I shared a screen with) did not get the best impression of the game but did have massive cramps from laughing afterwards.

So I guess the motto of this story is
*Concrete + Vehicle/rocket fuel+Cargo truck+Pathfinding defies the laws of physics and will allow you to clip through anything and everything.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

First post on the forum.
What exactly does the 'Chip' virutal signal do? I've looked through the entire post, and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Can the Chip ID be programmed, and then any vehicle that's assigned this chip will follow all of those commands? If so, it should simplefy some things.

liirge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by liirge »

I think I've found a bug in either this mod or the Vehicle wagon mod.
I am currently running the AAI mods in conjunction with bobs and angels and I have found a problem when trying to get my car onto a transport wagon (special item on the Vehicle wagon mod)

I am not in the car nor am in the train, but when i have the winch tool in my hand, and I'm in range if I select the car and then the train it says that I cannot load the car whilst there is a passenger on board. There is no passenger on board at all. I have tried emptying both the car and the train, and it makes no difference it still seems to think there is a passenger in the car.

I have not built any of the AAI structures to control vehicles yet or even fiddled with the autonomous vehicle part of that mod yet. However I have been advised that it might be AAI that is causing the problem in creating a passenger in a vehicle.

Any idea as to what is going on?

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Did you try to turn off AI of vehicle? Maybe its considered as player. And I have feeling that someone already had this trouble, try to look few pages back ;)

liirge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by liirge »

Berkys32 wrote:Did you try to turn off AI of vehicle? Maybe its considered as player. And I have feeling that someone already had this trouble, try to look few pages back ;)
How do you do this?

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

liirge wrote:
Berkys32 wrote:Did you try to turn off AI of vehicle? Maybe its considered as player. And I have feeling that someone already had this trouble, try to look few pages back ;)
How do you do this?
select the vehicle using the remote control thing, and then click the power symbol at the top left of your screen.
A small warning though, using the vehicle wagons might render your vehicles incompatible with AAI, I think someone complained about it before.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Gonna ask again, what doe the 'Chip' virtual signal does? I'm really curious about it, if it's what I think it is, it should open some excelent possibilities.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Mernom wrote:Gonna ask again, what doe the 'Chip' virtual signal does? I'm really curious about it, if it's what I think it is, it should open some excelent possibilities.
It doesn't do anything, it was only included to provide an icon for the UI but I ended up using something else.

Can you explain what you were hoping it would do and how that would work?

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

What I thought it was is that you can program the chip, and then it can be assigned to vehicles in the vehicle data, and the vehicle will perform the instructions the chip recives. Like a player selected ID.

Thecraftydawg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thecraftydawg »

I was watching Stejoes videos on how to use this mod and he had an iterative scanner to place zones which looked better than the default zone place. But he wont explain it because he believes that you learn better by doing. Problem is even though i have tried to figure out combinators. I just dont get them. So does anyone understand how to set it up and wire it properly?

P.S. I tried to import the blue print strings from the front page for the getting started examples and it says failed to import unknown version (H)

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

You mean automatic zone placement via combinators when scanning?

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Thecraftydawg wrote:I was watching Stejoes videos on how to use this mod and he had an iterative scanner to place zones which looked better than the default zone place. But he wont explain it because he believes that you learn better by doing. Problem is even though i have tried to figure out combinators. I just dont get them. So does anyone understand how to set it up and wire it properly?

P.S. I tried to import the blue print strings from the front page for the getting started examples and it says failed to import unknown version (H)
A link to the vid would help me to decipher the combinator setup greatly.
Or at least the name.

Thecraftydawg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thecraftydawg »

Mernom wrote:
Thecraftydawg wrote:I was watching Stejoes videos on how to use this mod and he had an iterative scanner to place zones which looked better than the default zone place. But he wont explain it because he believes that you learn better by doing. Problem is even though i have tried to figure out combinators. I just dont get them. So does anyone understand how to set it up and wire it properly?

A link to the vid would help me to decipher the combinator setup greatly.
Or at least the name.
Heres the link to the vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97ADscttkk
Berkys32 wrote:You mean automatic zone placement via combinators when scanning?
Yes

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

I suppose you know how to scan tiles. Output is X and Y coords plus what is on it. So you make IF function which when true will send wanted zone to that X Y coords. Im gonna do some BP for you ;)

EDIT: Here it is:

Code: Select all

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

Thecraftydawg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thecraftydawg »

Berkys32 wrote:I suppose you know how to scan tiles. Output is X and Y coords plus what is on it. So you make IF function which when true will send wanted zone to that X Y coords. Im gonna do some BP for you ;)

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
While i appreciate the BP. As i said in my previous post I have already tried the BP strings that are on the first page for this mod. For some reason i cant get them to work. Every time i try and input a string i get an error code.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Thecraftydawg wrote:
Berkys32 wrote:I suppose you know how to scan tiles. Output is X and Y coords plus what is on it. So you make IF function which when true will send wanted zone to that X Y coords. Im gonna do some BP for you ;)

While i appreciate the BP. As i said in my previous post I have already tried the BP strings that are on the first page for this mod. For some reason i cant get them to work. Every time i try and input a string i get an error code.
What mods are you using? Did you try with AAI only?

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Thecraftydawg wrote:
This BP I made when I told you Im going to make you one. I made it on my knee in like minutes, and it is working. Contact me on Discord (link below) and we can play in MP for awhile...

EDIT: What do you input? Only input to scanner is distance value...

Return to “Mods”