[MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by dood »

With this active, my nanobots will "fail construction" when enemies are nearby and when picking up a blueprint from another factory, a worm was outranging and sniping away my laser turrets. I reloaded the save with this switched and the same worm didn't do anything.

Are you trying to "rebalance" the game with this mod?
If so, would you kindly cut it out?
I never asked for turret creep prevention that deletes my blueprint stamps nor for enemies that outrange turrets.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

When you place a vehicle, chain gunner for example, and manually put it in "Always ON", it won't shoot any thing, even if it is attacked. You need to make it move any where, than it will start shooting things

Pelia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

System-wide freeze on startup + another bug

Post by Pelia »

Hi,

I use almost the entire AAI modpack (barring Flame Tumbler, Locales and Industry). Except for the other bug, it works fine. However, after one or two game sessions (and this carries across system restarts), booting Factorio up again causes the entire system to freeze and I have to resort to holding the power button down. I can't seem to even be able to find a dump file anywhere. The only workaround so far is to remove the mod .zips from the Factorio /mods folder and reinstalling in-game.

When it works, I get the bug where the game crashes (to main menu) when you attempt to change the AI mode of a vehicle you're in (inconvenient because I like to use a "pocket car" and since default AI mode is ON, I cannot mine the vehicle unless I get the remote, select the vehicle and turn the AI off). Attempting it produces an error prompt, I attached that along with the error log from AppData.

System: HP Probook 450 G2
Core i5-4210U
Radeon M255
8 GB RAM
Win 7
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Error log
(9.89 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
aai-error.png
aai-error.png (154.01 KiB) Viewed 8051 times

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: System-wide freeze on startup + another bug

Post by Earendel »

Pelia wrote:Hi,

I use almost the entire AAI modpack (barring Flame Tumbler, Locales and Industry). Except for the other bug, it works fine. However, after one or two game sessions (and this carries across system restarts), booting Factorio up again causes the entire system to freeze and I have to resort to holding the power button down. I can't seem to even be able to find a dump file anywhere. The only workaround so far is to remove the mod .zips from the Factorio /mods folder and reinstalling in-game.

When it works, I get the bug where the game crashes (to main menu) when you attempt to change the AI mode of a vehicle you're in (inconvenient because I like to use a "pocket car" and since default AI mode is ON, I cannot mine the vehicle unless I get the remote, select the vehicle and turn the AI off). Attempting it produces an error prompt, I attached that along with the error log from AppData.

System: HP Probook 450 G2
Core i5-4210U
Radeon M255
8 GB RAM
Win 7
The first problem should be reported to the Factorio devs if it is not already.
The second problem with the AI state toggle is at the top of my todo list.
The third problem is a bug with PavemeneDriveAssist, you need to report that to the mod developer.

Dressari
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dressari »

Alright, I seriously need some help apparently. Despite following video tutorials and what i can find on the forums main page, I seem to have had what I wanted WORKING one day, and now it's broken the next.

The larger pic of my base shows whats going on, for some reason rather than go from one point to the next, the hauler is going between my base and hovering around at the point it's set at. For the life of me I can't figure out why despite any wire tampering and changing of the values.

The second two pics shows a close up of my controller layout and set up, which I borrowed from the example on the main page. I had no problems when I was moving just copper plates, but since I added in the Iron plates something just caused the Hauler to get drunk and do what it's doing now.

Anyone know what the hells wrong and what can I do to fix it? I really like this mod it just feels a lot more complicated than I can grasp just watching people do it, I usually learn better by experimenting.
Attachments
Circuit 2.png
Circuit 2.png (4.03 MiB) Viewed 8012 times
Circuit 1.png
Circuit 1.png (4.05 MiB) Viewed 8012 times
Main pic of the base
Main pic of the base
Big Pic.png (4.28 MiB) Viewed 8012 times

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Could you post BP of your setup? Hard to tell whats wrong when cant see whats inside combinators...

Dressari
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dressari »

I'm sorry I am still new to some of the terms in the forums / game / circuits, I do not know what BP means. :?

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Dressari wrote:I'm sorry I am still new to some of the terms in the forums / game / circuits, I do not know what BP means. :?
He means a blueprint, of course ;)
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Dressari
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dressari »

Code: Select all

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
Is this what you need? The string from the export function?

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

You made mistake after Zone scanner of circle - there is x*1 and x*1 instead of x*1 and y*1, so there is no Y coordinate when there is enough copper plates.

Dressari
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dressari »

Oh geeze I see it now, something so damn simple, I don't even remember CHANGING it. Thanks for the extra set of eyes mate!

DethBringa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DethBringa »

Any chance of someone giving live help on this?
Both nilaus and steeljo tutorials not working right and missing info of things driving me nuts.

The reason I ask for live help is to save 3 pages of posts over a course of a week troubleshooting something that could probably be taught in an hour.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Sure, contact me on Discord, link is in my signature. We can than switch to steam or something ;)

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Not sure which end to address it from, but I've noticed that, when using the vehicle wagon mod, if you put a vehicle on the wagon, when you take it off, you won't be able to do any AAI stuff with it

Ahry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ahry »

Hi this mod sounds really great... It will be possible to make car with roboport? And also storage and pasive provider car? So you can put blueprint with recursive blueprints and then send car to build it there?

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

You are able to use any vehicle with roboport (even wagons) with mod. Im using Vehicle equipment grind and Bob vehicle equpments mods.
Altough I had some issues when using roboport there last time (like year ago) - when vehicle was moving, bots werent able to find its way back to vehicle, and moved to base instead.

TelemakFactorio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TelemakFactorio »

I can't load the mod AAI Programmable Vehicles.
Yes I know I have too many mods :D
Fixed it for myself with a test on not(vehicle.collision_box == nil)
Last edited by TelemakFactorio on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ShinoHarvest
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShinoHarvest »

Lenny
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lenny »

I'm having a problem with this mod. When I send out chain gunners to eliminate an enemy base they also pick up the loot, but I can't seem to retrieve it. I don't know if there something I need to do, or if it might be a bug, or if it's an other mod doing this.

Any help is appreciated.
Lenny Industries a Factorio mod
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Lenny_Industries

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

This is known issue. They dont pickup items on ground, they destroy it. Except warden, which really pickup them. Send one with your squad. It has quite great range, so if it wont be too far behind, it will pickup all items, and even repair other units, and supply them with fuel and ammo ;)

Return to “Mods”