Flatnoise
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by Flatnoise »

Encountered a fatal bug when any of my chaingunners dies:
Factorio 0.18.16

UPD:
Nevermind. It was because i have vehicles before mod's update.

Code: Select all

The mod AAI Programmable Vehicles (0.6.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event aai-programmable-vehicles::on_entity_died (ID 4)
__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:904: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'ipairs'
	__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:904: in function 'unit_unmanage'
	__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:920: in function 'unit_unmanage_by_entity'
	__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:924: in function 'unit_on_entity_died'
	__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:3312: in function 'callback'
	__aai-programmable-vehicles__/scripts/event.lua:14: in function <__aai-programmable-vehicles__/scripts/event.lua:12>

Last edited by Flatnoise on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

canisdirusleidy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canisdirusleidy »

MysterGeOrGe wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:50 am
Any solution ?
Fixed in new version:
Bugfixes:
- Fixed error when trying to load with mods with unusual icon sizes.

Kladdey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kladdey »

Nevermind, I got it working :D

Sepon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sepon »

Hi,
I think I bumped into a problem: the mod was working perfectly for me, and I was playing "starcraft" with biters for ~5 hours. But one moment all my chaingunners started to give me "No path" error, although there is a pass and they already used this path (e.g. even trying to return to base gives "no path"). Maximum they can do is to move some short distances when I give a close order, but somehow they just stopped moving on a long distances.
Can someone help me with it?

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by joemcguiregaming »

Is it not possible to convert AI Miners to higher tiers? They themselves are not used in the recipes of higher AI tiers and I haven't figured out a way to remove their AI status.

Seems like such a waste to build AI miners (their intended function) when they will be useless once you have higher tiers unlocked.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Version 0.6.4 released just a couple of days ago made it so that picking up a deployed AI vehicle will returns the normal version of the vehicle which allows it to be used in upgrades.

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by joemcguiregaming »

Awesome that clears that up, I was about to re-install the vehicle wagon mod because I knew that removed the AI status of aai vehicles.

Now on to positional beacons, can someone explain their use case? Because I assumed you placed them down as path waypoints but that clearly isn't the case.

It makes no sense that when creating a path you have the option to use vehicle depots or positional beacons as waypoints, and yet vehicles will not actually use them! I was hoping to use them to make an automated highway for haulers travelling between depots or for mining vehicles to drop off their cargo but instead I've just had to use standard path positions or zones nearby to the depot.

Personally I'm starting to get a bit irritated at how AAI seems to be hugely popular, and yet there's no up-to-date manual or examples of use cases. All the tutorials are out of date and there are no YTers right now using AAI to it's fullest extent. All the examples on page 1 are so out of date now that, for example, you can specify what a scanner outputs and so there's no need for long strings of deciders, not that that's showcased and I only stumbled onto that with my need to click on everything.

Figuring shit out on my own is fine up to a point, but now I'm just getting frustrated trying to use the mod as I spend hours troubleshooting. And mods should never be frustrating to use.

Elvang
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Elvang »

neetzow wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:42 pm
1)For starters, all the vehicles have trouble to start moving, giving frequent "no path" error messages, be it with the yellow controller or with the command buildings.
1.1) When using the yellow controller they give several "no path" messages, and I need to give several move orders before said vehicle decide to move.
1.2) They don't move in a straight line. They seem to think that some patches of land are obstructed, even though they are clearly empty barren land, and if the distance is longer... "no path"

UPDATE:
Anyway, uninstalled the "driver assist mod" that tell you to follow pavement, and, not sure - probably I'm wrong - it seems to have worked somewhat... The miners have trouble tracing a path to a further point if there is any kind of obstacle on the way (the hauler seems to be smarter, but must be my dumb-self deriving circunstancial and un-based conclusions), but it's still going to it's intended point.
Sepon wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am
Hi,
I think I bumped into a problem: the mod was working perfectly for me, and I was playing "starcraft" with biters for ~5 hours. But one moment all my chaingunners started to give me "No path" error, although there is a pass and they already used this path (e.g. even trying to return to base gives "no path"). Maximum they can do is to move some short distances when I give a close order, but somehow they just stopped moving on a long distances.
Can someone help me with it?

I keep running into this "No Path" issue after several hours into a map. Its like whole chunks just stop being drive-able. I can order a vehicle to move into one of these "No Path" areas by repeatedly moving the vehicle a tile at a time but the area remains a "No Path" zone. Updating Factorio to 0.18.x from 0.17 resolved it for a bit before it came back again, same for updating AAI to the 0.18.x versions. I've found toggling the VehicleSnap mod on the mod list will 'reset' all the "No Path" areas (i.e. turn off mod, continue playing until issue reoccurs, turn on mod, continue playing until issue reoccurs, repeat). Playing without VehicleSnap at all still causes the issue.
Mod List
Last edited by Elvang on Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods”