[MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
thewoodenlego
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by thewoodenlego »

My game just did the same, don't know what caused it, I just have a group of bots patrolling certain areas of my base. WHY!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Zanostra wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 am
As far as I'm concerned the mod works really neat.
Now I'm trying to combine hauling from miners to depot missions into as few buildings as possible, without the help of tutorials.
I really love the puzzle, and the great feeling when things starting to work :D
I saw a cosmetic bug though.
Every time a hauler reaches a miner and he gets ores and gives coal for fuel, the ore exchange icon moves from the miner to the hauler.
But the coal icon moves from the hauler to the startingpoint of the map ( 0,0 )
Since int's in the middle of my base, I see coal flying by the whole time :lol:

oh, and just this error appeared:
{
Error while running event aai-programmable-structures::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEquipment doesn't contain key unit_number.
stack traceback:
__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:84: in function 'struct_find_from_entity'
__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1355: in function <__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1340>
}
this only happens sometimes when the robots from a crawler are building a blueprint while you have the burner generator GUI of it open.
I can replicate it a few times, but I don't know what exact conditions do, so I can't make a save file with it going to happen.
Thanks, I'll get those fixed.

thewoodenlego
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thewoodenlego »

um, why does this mod make it to where the base tanks, and any other mod tanks, have only one shooter, in the original tank there is cannon, minigun, and flamethrower, after I enabled this mod it made it to where you can only see and fire the cannon?

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

That’s a design decision the author made. I think it has to do with not confusing the AI for when you have the vehicle in autonomous mode.

Sperwer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sperwer »

Are the signals for vehicle depots supposed to work?

I noticed that in the signals screen the beacon and vehicle depot has been added. But they got those weird long technical names (virtual-signal-name.signal-vehicle-depot-id) instead of the regular short names.
When I plug in a storage depot id into a unit scanner I do not get any results.

Is this not completed yet or are other mods causing this?

Included a blueprint where I thought the light should turn on after placing a vehicle depot.
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

Sperwer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sperwer »

Playing around with AAI. My current base just started to produce robots after 18 hours. It was hard. I choose only to use aai miners, no walls, no turrets. Only defense was aai machines (on occasion parts of my base were destroyed)

To me it seemed that aai miners where much more polluting then normal miners. I got a lot of attacks early game. Mid game I was polluting far beyond my radar reach.Also I went through my coal quite quick, forcing me to start using solid fuel quite early.

I did not bother with the programmable structures. With the path tool it is easy to set up routes for haulers. Miners move so slow (if they even move) that it is easier to just pick them up and put them on a new field.

I did not want to use a great number of miners since I was managing them manually. I used around 20 miners total. Techwise it was hard to upgrade the miners in time. I needed the extra materials the upgraded miner could provide to get the upgrade.

At first I attacked by having many chain gunners follow a warden and then send the warden to an enemy base. But on occasion the chaingunners got stuck and the warden got destroyed. I set a tank without ammo to be followed by gunners and the warden. Its only task was to soak up the damage. Killing bases was never so easy :D

Some recommendations:
  • Use underground belts near your depots.
  • Use a mod that add loaders. This will prevent vehicles to crash into an inserter feeding/emptying a vehicle depot.
  • For the first ore fields put the vehicle depot on the field and don't bother haulers close to your base.
  • Do not assign more then one hauler to a path. They will collide and get stuck.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Sperwer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:13 am
Are the signals for vehicle depots supposed to work?

I noticed that in the signals screen the beacon and vehicle depot has been added. But they got those weird long technical names (virtual-signal-name.signal-vehicle-depot-id) instead of the regular short names.
When I plug in a storage depot id into a unit scanner I do not get any results.

Is this not completed yet or are other mods causing this?
If you're talking about the signals you can put in the combinator entity for the vehicle depots, it's to decide which items it accepts, and which items it exports. That way you can have a depot that only accepts iron ore, but can refuel the vehiclese with coal.

Sperwer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sperwer »

I ment the depot signal in the signals tab. It might be an artefact of the way things are coded, just like the chip icon.

I wanted to automate things a bit more by using signals from the depots. What I actually wanted is to loop through the depots, see what they accept and send a full hauler to the closest depot that is accepting the stuff inside a hauler.

This is actually possible by wiring up the depots but then I would somehow keep the signals separated. That would make the thing complex. Complex things are prone to breaking.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Sperwer wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:54 pm
I ment the depot signal in the signals tab. It might be an artefact of the way things are coded, just like the chip icon.

I wanted to automate things a bit more by using signals from the depots. What I actually wanted is to loop through the depots, see what they accept and send a full hauler to the closest depot that is accepting the stuff inside a hauler.

This is actually possible by wiring up the depots but then I would somehow keep the signals separated. That would make the thing complex. Complex things are prone to breaking.
If you wire to the bottom side of the depot signal, you get output of what's inside. Compare it to a constant combinator to know if it's full or not (usign negative overflow)

regedit2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by regedit2000 »

comparability with mod
the car do not mining with Surfaces_remake_0.2.4 mod

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

regedit2000 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 pm
comparability with mod
If you're talking about picking the car up, then it might not have anything to do with the mod. You can't pick up vehicles that have characters driving them, and the mod is using virtual characters to drive the vehicles. You'll need to manually disable the car's AI, but selecting it with the vehicle controller, and clicking the power botton at the top left untill it's red.

regedit2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by regedit2000 »

Mernom wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:19 am
regedit2000 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 pm
comparability with mod
If you're talking about picking the car up, then it might not have anything to do with the mod. You can't pick up vehicles that have characters driving them, and the mod is using virtual characters to drive the vehicles. You'll need to manually disable the car's AI, but selecting it with the vehicle controller, and clicking the power botton at the top left untill it's red.
OK all work
for more comparability with mod Surfaces_remake_0.2.4:
- dig undeground tunel
control.lua
local _filter = function(ent)

return (ent.type == "item-entity" or (ent.type == "tree" or (ent.type == "simple-entity" and (string.find(ent.name, "rock") or ent.name=="underground-wall"))) and (ent.health and ent.health < 10000))
end

Bredo70
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bredo70 »

Hi
I've just read trough all the 38 pages of posts in this thread without finding the answer to my question so here it goes:

I have a full setup of AAI with miners, haulers, chaingunners and wardens working pretty much as I want. Most buildings are on timers to minimize CPU hits and power for my attack array is also automatically shut down as long as there is no enemy signals detected. So far, so good, but... All my inactive chaingunners are making a huge impact on the CPU usage. If I shut down the AI manually it's a LOT less, but I can't figure out how to send the AI On and Off signals to my chaingunners using a Unit Controller. Is the signals only for "icon" use, or do the "On" and "Off" signal have a real function that I just can't configure correctly?

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Bredo70 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:58 pm
Hi
I've just read trough all the 38 pages of posts in this thread without finding the answer to my question so here it goes:

I have a full setup of AAI with miners, haulers, chaingunners and wardens working pretty much as I want. Most buildings are on timers to minimize CPU hits and power for my attack array is also automatically shut down as long as there is no enemy signals detected. So far, so good, but... All my inactive chaingunners are making a huge impact on the CPU usage. If I shut down the AI manually it's a LOT less, but I can't figure out how to send the AI On and Off signals to my chaingunners using a Unit Controller. Is the signals only for "icon" use, or do the "On" and "Off" signal have a real function that I just can't configure correctly?
There is an 'on' and 'off' signal in the signal listing, but I'm not sure if it's functional.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

One can launch chain gunners from that garage building, sorry, forgot the name. But one can't drive chain gunners into it to un-launch them again.

I think it would be nice if one could park vehicles in a garage so they don't use up any CPU.

Bredo70
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bredo70 »

Mernom wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:57 am

There is an 'on' and 'off' signal in the signal listing, but I'm not sure if it's functional.
Yes I know that it exists in the list, I just cant get them to work. I'm sending the On/Off signal together with the vehicle id to a Unit Controller, but there is no change in the AI state.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

then it looks like those are just icons.

bman212121
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bman212121 »

Hi Erendel,

We've found a game crashing bug in the current release of this. (Using aai-programmable-vehicles_0.4.8).

Steps to reproduce:

Open up the Path controller, click add new path. Click for a waypoint that is of vehicle type. (So the waypoint is assigned to a vehicle). Expand out the selection area of that waypoint to expose the dropdown menu to change the waypoint type. Try to select a "position" waypoint, and that will cause the server to crash. We're running the AAI mods on the latest version of server 16.51 on Windows.

Argensis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Argensis »

I had issues with AAI causing game crashes when I tried to edit unit data in an existing vehicle after removing a mod.

Code: Select all

Unknown item name: vehicle-fuel
stack traceback:
	__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:3942: in function 'set_unit_data_to_combinator'
	__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:4144: in function 'remote_on_gui_click'
	__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:4827: in function <__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:4826>
I fixed it locally with the following changes

local function is_valid_signal_still(signal)
    if signal.type == "item" then
        return game.item_prototypes[signal.name] ~= nil
    elseif signal.type == "fluid" then
        return game.fluid_prototypes[signal.name] ~= nil
    elseif signal.type == "virtual" then
        return game.virtual_signal_prototypes[signal.name] ~= nil
    else
        return false
    end
end
and checking it inside `set_unit_data_to_combinator` as such:

local function set_unit_data_to_combinator(unit_id, combinator)
    local unit = unit_by_unit_id(unit_id)
    if unit and combinator and combinator.valid then
        local signal_container = unit.data
        local parameters = {}
        local index = 1;
        for _, signals in pairs(signal_container) do
            for _, signal_count in pairs(signals) do
                if is_valid_signal_still(signal_count.signal) then
                    parameters[index] = {index=index, signal=signal_count.signal, count= math.floor(signal_count.count)}
                    index = index + 1
                end
            end
        end
        combinator.get_control_behavior().parameters = {parameters = parameters}
  end
end

set_unit_data_to_combinator is probably not the best place for it in general, it may be worth filtering out signals that no longer exist from unit data in a `on_configuration_changed` hander to clean it up more elegantly.

FatherTime6547
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FatherTime6547 »

On a completely unrelated note I can't find the unit remote controller, depot, or vehicle launcher. I have disabled all other mods but AAI mods and still nothing. There is no research to unlock these things and pressing Y once or twice does nothing. Either something is broken or I'm doing something wrong.
If I'm doing something wrong, what is it?

Return to “Mods”