[MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by Soul »

Earendel wrote:Do you have a mod installed that has removed the grey signal?
From a quick look around it might be Dectorio? (signal.lua)

It modifies the color signals.

PantherX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PantherX »

Soul wrote:
While Dectorio does clear out the signals, by default it recreates 'signal-grey' and the other base signal colours so it shouldn't be breaking this.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

PantherX wrote:While Dectorio does clear out the signals, by default it recreates 'signal-grey' and the other base signal colours so it shouldn't be breaking this.
If it recreates the signal with a different name than vanilla ones, then yeah it'd break the AAI mod.

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

PantherX wrote:
Soul wrote:
While Dectorio does clear out the signals, by default it recreates 'signal-grey' and the other base signal colours so it shouldn't be breaking this.
Doing some more testing today, it does appear to be something else. I just ran a new game with only creative mode, all of AAI+dependencies, and dectorio, and I am able to use the Unit Remote Controller without the game crashing, and no errors are being sent to factorio-current.log.

The signals are all correct and have proper colors with only dectorio+aai
Signals.jpg
Mobius1 wrote:
PantherX wrote:While Dectorio does clear out the signals, by default it recreates 'signal-grey' and the other base signal colours so it shouldn't be breaking this.
If it recreates the signal with a different name than vanilla ones, then yeah it'd break the AAI mod.
This is true and exactly what is happening, but the culprit is not Dectorio. Through further digging it's actually a mod called Expanded Color Lamps. Dectorio just recolors the originals but uses the same names. Expanded Color Lamps overwrites some of the same signals, and adds light and dark variants of grey, purple, and blue. However, when it does this to grey and purple, it renames them to signal-light-color and signal-dark-color and the original signal-color is no longer available. This is because the existing ones are erased first (in a similar manner to Dectorio) and overwritten with their own array. So because the names are changed, the original signal no longer exists.

Using the exact same test setup, but just throwing ECL in (so AAI+deps, Dectorio, Creative mode, and ECL) and drag-selecting my vehicles gave this wonderful error dialog and crashed the game.
Error Dialog.jpg
offending data.lua snippet
I actually had ECL installed before Dectorio, but then Dectorio was released shortly after with even more features so I added that as well. Looks like having both isn't a great idea, especially since ECL loads later and overwrites Dectorio's changes to the virtual colors. So I guess I'll be removing that which should clear up this entire issue.

ECL is not compatible with AAI (at the moment), and Dectorio is.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I had to use the grey signal to artificially recreate the unit type id signal graphic on the remote controller buttons. This was because the factorio 'sprite-button' didn't support multilayered icons. That issue is supposed to be fixed now, so as soon as I update the mod the requirement for the grey signal will go away.

Griggers
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Griggers »

Maybe instead of creating multiple entities of the same type but with different weapons could it be possible to keep them as 1 entity where you have to manually assign the weapon it will fire, while still keeping the full configuration when manually driving. So you keep the specialized vehicles when they are driving by themselves but prevent having way to many different recipes/items types. (Bob's mk3 tank has 4 different weapons)

bror89dk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bror89dk »

Can not make a Crosswalks to AAI Factorio up to 5 or many more unit IDs.
Mining mk1 up to mk5 + hauling truck also hauler ..
BLUEPRINT STRING

If knows or can we play together ....?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOkoaWN ... freload=10

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

bror89dk wrote:Can not make a Crosswalks to AAI Factorio up to 5 or many more unit IDs.
Mining mk1 up to mk5 + hauling truck also hauler ..
BLUEPRINT STRING

If knows or can we play together ....?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOkoaWN ... freload=10
The automated vehicles are, essentially, biters. They won't open gates so you need to mark a zone near the gate, send a signal to the gate that if there's a vehicle on that spot, open the gate, send the vehicle to the other side of the gate, send the vehicle to its regular destination. That's the way to make them cross gates.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

should we be able to add the mod to an existing game? When i load my game i get this error:

"Error while running the on_init: __aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:2589: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)"

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Looks like a copy/paste error

If you want to fix open control.lua go to that line and change

player.color
to
p.color

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

The reliance on the grey color signal has been removed.

The player.color bug has been fixed. Thanks for reporting this.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

One thing I noticed just now: I have a map with the new purple/red biome which has 'huge rock' entities on it (they yield 200 stone when mined and have 2000hp) but the miner vehicle just crashes into them. It mines normal rocks fine but not the huge ones.

wanyfer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wanyfer »

Is there any way to see the X & Y coord that a vehicle is currently locked on going?
i'm doing a complex system that uses only a single unit data scanner and one unit scanner to send all my haulers around and it mostly works but every now and again a hauler will either stop for no reason until i either enter it or give it a new command using the unit controller so it would be usefull to see what was the last move command sent to a vehicle i dont mind using another scanner for debugging also something usefull would be if the unit scanner also gave a signal that the vehicle is currently following a signal or an idle signal when not i've been using the speed signal but some times its not fully reliable

websterc87
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by websterc87 »

Below is a Efficient AAI Circuit for Sending Miners to Particular zones, unlike every other AAI circuit i have seen it uses the unit data to store information rather than constant combinators. All you need to do is to set the Unit Data of the Miner to contain any zone and it will go to the specified zone. No more running back to your AAI circuit every time you need a new miner.

20170527204636_1.jpg
20170527204636_1.jpg (723.67 KiB) Viewed 8418 times
FactorioUnitDataConfig.png
FactorioUnitDataConfig.png (393.99 KiB) Viewed 8418 times

Inspired by lots of people including Nilaus and https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _circuits/
Blueprint String
You will need to adjust the 2 constant combinators if you have more than 10 mk1 and mk2 miners

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

Another request to make the one-weapon-per-vehicle change a config option ideally exposed through the new mod options menu, please.

If you really, really, really don't want to do that - can you at least make a player only "Multi-Tank" that's the vanilla tank? That's the only one where I really miss all the additional weapons, just because the combination of cannon and gun and flamethrower is so useful and I really don't find cannon shells on their own to be very good at all.

I want to drive a tank around personally. I like it when cars and similar will guard me with their turrets. I really like being able to order squads around with the RTS tool. I like the idea of combinator driven vehicles but realistically don't ever want to spend the time on it, so that's my feelings on the mod in general - in this context, having it alter the number of weapons per vehicle is quite unfortunate, and I constantly skirt with the idea of removing it just for that.

Edit: Totally unrelated to any of the rest of the post, I just noticed that this mod makes vehicles consume a fuel item as soon as it's placed into them - even if they're not moving anywhere or doing anything. This isn't a big deal, but I wasn't expecting it, and I was wondering why my stack of solid fuel had steadily decreased despite me not driving anywhere...

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Why does the mod require Miners to be installed to function? I kinda don't want to include them.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Why does the mod require Miners to be installed to function? I kinda don't want to include them.
I've made miners and haulers optional now.

Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alien_Squasher »

This error message is displayed, and frankly I've tried to update the info.json file to a 0.15.9 base. You must have forgotten to modify the burner strings to include steam as a fluid output from 0.15 boilers, this causes the error message to display. I uploaded instructions for a fix for programmable vehicles on the modpage (disabling this mod as a dependency in the info.json file of that mod) for it but this I cannot fix the strings because I cannot modify the lua script which you've included. modify the lua script and release it as a patch and it should work. Please, I don't want to give up my 0.15 reactors and I'm tired of updating 0.14 mods.
Attachments
Apparently something is very wrong...
Apparently something is very wrong...
20170601185953_1.jpg (60.86 KiB) Viewed 9175 times
Hi. I kill Aliens :D

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that when dealing with complex machinery of any sort the first step is: do not panic. If you can do this you're well on your way to being a grade A excuse for an engineer.

Skeleton Man
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Skeleton Man »

Hello pal.
Drove some cars loaded with incendiary ammunition from a mod into some bugs to test how effective it would be if I put such ammo into say, 50 cars.

Unfortunately the game crashed about one or two bullets in. I'd imagine this just has to do with incompatability between the mods, but it sure would be nice if a vehicle could make use of modded ammo. I don't know if whoever coded incendiary ammunition just didn't do it well enough or if your remote firing doesn't take into account modded ammo very well, but it sure would be fantastic to burn and shoot things at the same time enmasse.
Attachments
20170602092840_1.jpg
20170602092840_1.jpg (515.88 KiB) Viewed 8286 times

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Alien_Squasher wrote:This error message is displayed, and frankly I've tried to update the info.json file to a 0.15.9 base. You must have forgotten to modify the burner strings to include steam as a fluid output from 0.15 boilers, this causes the error message to display. I uploaded instructions for a fix for programmable vehicles on the modpage (disabling this mod as a dependency in the info.json file of that mod) for it but this I cannot fix the strings because I cannot modify the lua script which you've included. modify the lua script and release it as a patch and it should work. Please, I don't want to give up my 0.15 reactors and I'm tired of updating 0.14 mods.
That's for AAI Industry, not AAI Vehicles. The problem is that the steam fluid is missing, you need to be running at least Factorio 0.15.10 but that latest version would be best.
Skeleton Man wrote:Hello pal.
Drove some cars loaded with incendiary ammunition from a mod into some bugs to test how effective it would be if I put such ammo into say, 50 cars.

Unfortunately the game crashed about one or two bullets in. I'd imagine this just has to do with incompatability between the mods, but it sure would be nice if a vehicle could make use of modded ammo. I don't know if whoever coded incendiary ammunition just didn't do it well enough or if your remote firing doesn't take into account modded ammo very well, but it sure would be fantastic to burn and shoot things at the same time enmasse.
Yeah trying to replicate ammo does has been quite difficult. I'll put this near the top of the todo list so it should be done in a day or two.

Return to “Mods”