[MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by Zarnoo »

Zarnoo wrote:I love the look of this, and have tried a few of the original example (using the blueprirnt codes) to get a miner, and then a hauler to go pick up the ore.. my miner gathers coal, but the hauler just sits there. I'm gonna have a tinker, but is there a gamesave I can look at which has this configured as an example ?
Z
I think I definitely need a gamesave or vid or something. It's probably 1 little thing which is missing, but I cannot get the sample hauler and miner code to work. The miner goes to the patch, and fills up, but then the hauler doesn't go there to pick up. I've tried colour coding the zones, and all sorts.. must be missing something, which is a shame as I really like the look of this mod but am getting nowhere with it fast :(

Z

Knell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Knell »

Eugenii10 wrote:Sorry, I didn't understand your question right first time.
If I wanted to deliver products by Hauler from one Vehicle depot to another, I would use something like this (Green Zone - it is Departure Depot, where Hauler is filled up; Red Zone - it is Arrival Depot, where Hauler is emptied):
It seems that "Time Since Moved Locked Signal" is not very reliable to contol unit waiting time in these conditions, so I used "Time Since Last Command Signal" instead.
Scheme
As I understand it is also not very good to send some command constantly even under some condition. So you just need to send "Move command" just once, wait until Hauler is filled/emptied, and send another "Move command" just once (not constantly while some condition true, for example it is not very good to send "Move to Departure" command constantly until Hauler didn't came to Departure Depot). The simple way to interval command is using Decider Combinator, in my scheme it will send "Move command" every 61 tick (less than 1 time in a second). But the best way (in my opinion) is to use more complex scheme like this:
It will send "Move command" only once and idle until all conditions will met another time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: when control signal "0" dissapeared, this scheme will send signal "0" with a value "-1" once. So you need a one more Decider Combinator to check value of "0" signal and resend it further only if it is positive (if you use Arithmetic Combinator like EVERYTHING x "0" => SEND EVERYTHING), or use Decider Combinator like "0" > 0 => SEND EVERYTHING .
One tact impulse scheme
I tried to set that up but it just loops i might be doing something wrong, is it possible to pass me the blueprint string?

undarl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by undarl »

Heya, Earendel.

First off, huge kudos for this mod and the whole suite that supports it. I've been playing with it for a week or so, and have my current modest factory entirely supplied with ores by automated miners and haulers. I get a kick out of just watching them wander around and do their thing.

I've also been playing around with Sirenfal's Localized Charging mod, and I decided (as a challenge to myself, since I'm new to Factorio modding) to try to add that style of battery fueling to the unit.energy system of Programmable Vehicles and the miner.energy system in the Miner. After some trial and error and some kind help from Sirenfal, I succeeded! I now have test Haulers zipping around on pure battery power and test Miners ripping up ore using batteries charged by fusion reactors. (Miner Mk5s need four of them to keep up.) :D In service of that I also added a battery percentage signal to Signals and to the player and unit sections of the Unit Data Scanner in Programmable Structures.

All of this is purely for my own amusement per your license, natch; I just wanted to share. Should you be interested in any of those bits of code, though, I'm happy to toss them your way. I look forward to seeing where the AAI stuff goes in the future!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

pato wrote:there seems to be an issue with your lazer tank piercing batteries.
They always target the nearest enemy, which is making them a bit pointless, as they will never hit the targets behind.

Can you change the piercing as a fixed range, so that it doesn´t matter where the tank is firing to?
Maybe... Normally no, but I've just thought of a way around the main issues with that.
Philip017 wrote:hi thanks for this very interesting mod

hope to have a look at your tutorial video when it's ready to help me understand this intriguing mod

suggest rolling up all your AAI mods and dependencys into one mod instead of having to download 10+ different mods to get it all working together.
Thanks, I'm attaching a demo save to the first post, also there is a youtuber that might be doing a tutorial soon.
jackd23 wrote:When you try and use a repair pack on some of the buildings (e.g. zone scanner, tile scanner, zone controller, unit controller), it'll say "This cannot be mined.", and you cannot repair the structures *coughs*hidesshotgunbehindback*.
That should be fixed now, at least for the scanner, I haven't tried shooting all the buildings yet.
Philip017 wrote:ok i have played a little (20hrs) with this mod and still have yet to figure out how to get the vehicles to move themselves.
ex - miners to mine the entire field of coal instead of only sitting where i last drove it
- haulers to take from the miners to the silo requesting the ores

suggest:

simplify the process for drop down usage,

example
when you drop a miner down on a coal patch it will automatically begin mining that coal and will move when it's patch is empty to the next nearest patch, but will not leave the ore field.
if you place a hauler down next to the miner it will begin hauling that coal to the nearest silo (in range) that is requesting coal if you set the silo next to the coal field it could automatically begin requesting coal.
silos can be hooked to the circuit network OR has a icon that you can click that silo will simply hold only that ore like coal
with out further programming, haulers (in range) will take coal from the silo to fuel other miners and themselves.
you can limit the range of automatic movement so that with out using the circuit network your vehicles can be used with out needing to program other structures.
For the moment these mods are mainly focused on providing low level tools for people to be able set up this sort of behaviour using combinators. If that sort of functionality is added it will be much further down the line.
hebeldark wrote:Hi

i discover your mod and i tell you awesome !!

but i have a trouble to use your sample with miner and hauler loop

i create the structure with scanner/controller...

when i fill the hauler, this unit go to depot but i don t have automatic transfert into the depot
=> i put a black circle on the depot.the hauler move right on the depot
and when the hauler is empty, this unit go to the location of id miner but same trouble, no transfert automatic
Thanks. That sounds like a unit data problem. You could try picking up and putting down the vehicles again.

Eugenii10 wrote:
Earendel wrote: What I could do is make some alternate tank ammo that is single target instead of direction-based with collision, so the only risk of collateral damage would the explosion radius of the explosive variant.
Hello and thanks for another great mod!
Is there any chance that AI turret behaviour for vehicles could be disable through "Unit Data" in future versions? It is a real problem when you left your tank with custom ammo and it starts to destroy your buildings (at a line of fire).
Thanks!
Yes, that can be added in the future.
Knell wrote:Hello! love the mod,

need a quick helping hand,

Trying to setup a hauler to go from Depot to Depot transporting Iron plates, i have the correct setup for when it has iron plates but when it empties its inventory it just stays there and doesn't return to the pickup depot could you help me out?

I would also like it on a 1 minute timer to go back to the orignal pick up depot
I can't see anything obviously wrong, unless it's doing something like checking for less than 0 iron plates. As for a timer, the best way is to just use a combinator feeding itself with value + 1.
Eugenii10 wrote:Sorry, I didn't understand your question right first time.
If I wanted to deliver products by Hauler from one Vehicle depot to another, I would use something like this (Green Zone - it is Departure Depot, where Hauler is filled up; Red Zone - it is Arrival Depot, where Hauler is emptied):
It seems that "Time Since Moved Locked Signal" is not very reliable to contol unit waiting time in these conditions, so I used "Time Since Last Command Signal" instead.

As I understand it is also not very good to send some command constantly even under some condition. So you just need to send "Move command" just once, wait until Hauler is filled/emptied, and send another "Move command" just once (not constantly while some condition true, for example it is not very good to send "Move to Departure" command constantly until Hauler didn't came to Departure Depot). The simple way to interval command is using Decider Combinator, in my scheme it will send "Move command" every 61 tick (less than 1 time in a second). But the best way (in my opinion) is to use more complex scheme like this:
It will send "Move command" only once and idle until all conditions will met another time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: when control signal "0" dissapeared, this scheme will send signal "0" with a value "-1" once. So you need a one more Decider Combinator to check value of "0" signal and resend it further only if it is positive (if you use Arithmetic Combinator like EVERYTHING x "0" => SEND EVERYTHING), or use Decider Combinator like "0" > 0 => SEND EVERYTHING .
That's good advice for people. There is a safeguard against spamming identical move-to commands, only the first one is fed into the pathfinder otherwise it would kill performance and never resolve, however every signal put into a structure has a performance cost even if it is not fully processed so this is a good approach.
Zarnoo wrote:
Zarnoo wrote:I love the look of this, and have tried a few of the original example (using the blueprirnt codes) to get a miner, and then a hauler to go pick up the ore.. my miner gathers coal, but the hauler just sits there. I'm gonna have a tinker, but is there a gamesave I can look at which has this configured as an example ?
Z
I think I definitely need a gamesave or vid or something. It's probably 1 little thing which is missing, but I cannot get the sample hauler and miner code to work. The miner goes to the patch, and fills up, but then the hauler doesn't go there to pick up. I've tried colour coding the zones, and all sorts.. must be missing something, which is a shame as I really like the look of this mod but am getting nowhere with it fast :(

Z
The default unit data settings have miners keep a fuel reserve of 200 coal in their cargo before releasing any to Haulers, that's probably the problem. If it's working then Hauler will be waiting a while but should start getting coal eventually. If it's not working at all for Iron Ore then there is a problem. Take a look at the new demo save on the first post and see if that helps.
undarl wrote:Heya, Earendel.

First off, huge kudos for this mod and the whole suite that supports it. I've been playing with it for a week or so, and have my current modest factory entirely supplied with ores by automated miners and haulers. I get a kick out of just watching them wander around and do their thing.

I've also been playing around with Sirenfal's Localized Charging mod, and I decided (as a challenge to myself, since I'm new to Factorio modding) to try to add that style of battery fueling to the unit.energy system of Programmable Vehicles and the miner.energy system in the Miner. After some trial and error and some kind help from Sirenfal, I succeeded! I now have test Haulers zipping around on pure battery power and test Miners ripping up ore using batteries charged by fusion reactors. (Miner Mk5s need four of them to keep up.) :D In service of that I also added a battery percentage signal to Signals and to the player and unit sections of the Unit Data Scanner in Programmable Structures.

All of this is purely for my own amusement per your license, natch; I just wanted to share. Should you be interested in any of those bits of code, though, I'm happy to toss them your way. I look forward to seeing where the AAI stuff goes in the future!
Awesome!
Sure you can send it to me, it would be great if Sirenfal's Localized Charging mod was supported by default.

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zarnoo »

Thanks for that save file.. It sort of works..
- The specific miners go off and get the resource they're supposed to
- The specific haulers go in the loop to their nominated miner and drag it back to the depot
All good so far. However,
- The generic hauler in the vehicle deployer just sits there (for an hour) and doesn't do anything. I even added some fuel in case that was the problem.
- If a hauler and a miner go head-on, they get stuck, and then they never seem to recover from that and just end up waiting for intervention

Is there something I need to do to help this ?

I should re-iterate, this is a great mod, and the work you have done on it so far should not be underestimated.. NICE WORK !

Z

Nilaus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nilaus »

Hi Earendel

I love your mod and I want to love it even more if I can get the stupid vehicles to stop derping and starting executing the commands. I am building a lot of stuff using your mods in preparation for using them for my next series...

However, I am having huge issues with the AI. I know you are saying it is "derpy", but I am literally sitting here shouting at a Miner going in the oppostite direction and this is not something that fixed itself. They sometimes just spin in circles in random locations and sometimes decide to ram the base. The Haulers are more reliable than the Miners, maybe because they are faster so I do not sit and wait for ever for them to maybe autocorrect.

Question 1:
Can this be reliably used as the primary source of ore for a large base? I am quite worried about the amount of derping going on. I am also quite concerned about the UPS from all these scanners. The scanners are taking up a lot of updates when I look at the debugger (in my small test setup with 35 scanners the updates are already at 3500 out of 8000 for the entire base).

Question 2:
Here is an example that I have been wondering about. Suppose a Tile Scanner is looking for trees and marks 10 with an X. The Miner harvests tress number 4 and 5. A Zone Scanner removed empty zone marker continually so there are now only 8 marked. Are these 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or are they 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8? The reason for me asking is because I may have another Miner heading towards Tree #8, will that be rerouted to another tree (the old #10)? Another example would be the Tile Scanner identified another Tree, will this become the new 4 or 5 or will that become 11 or 9? Basically this is a roundabout way of asking if this is stored as an array or a vector and whether you are using absolute IDs or position in vector?

Contribution:
And now let me also contribute with a solution to the problem I call "kissing" :) With your example Hauler loop from the original post the empty Hauler will rush to the Miner, but the Miner may be trying to relocate (or just derping out) so that it is still empty when the Hauler arrives. The Hauler and Miner will then start "kissing" and get in each others way thereby not getting anywhere.
The way to solve that is to have a 3rd condition in the Hauler loop to relocate it to a parking lot until the Miner has a certain inventory.
AAI Hauler Loop.PNG
AAI Hauler Loop.PNG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 16729 times
I would create one of those nice diagrams, but I don't know what program you are using to make those...

undarl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by undarl »

Nilaus wrote: Contribution:
And now let me also contribute with a solution to the problem I call "kissing" :) With your example Hauler loop from the original post the empty Hauler will rush to the Miner, but the Miner may be trying to relocate (or just derping out) so that it is still empty when the Hauler arrives. The Hauler and Miner will then start "kissing" and get in each others way thereby not getting anywhere.
The way to solve that is to have a 3rd condition in the Hauler loop to relocate it to a parking lot until the Miner has a certain inventory.
Neat. I'll admit that I used a much lower-tech solution -- since the hauler will transfer inventory at a decent distance, I had the arithmetic combinators attached to the miner's unit scanner transmit X+1/Y+1 (or +2, or more) instead of X*1/Y*1. The hauler then targets a tile slightly offset from the miner's tile so they aren't fighting over it.

Your solution is probably more useful and elegant when the miner is still in transit I'd imagine.

_Omega133_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by _Omega133_ »

Hi I do not understand how to organize an attack with several types of vehicle (chaingunner, laser tank and flame tumbler) otherwise this mod looks really cool :) when you know how to use it :D

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Zarnoo wrote:Thanks for that save file.. It sort of works..
- The specific miners go off and get the resource they're supposed to
- The specific haulers go in the loop to their nominated miner and drag it back to the depot
All good so far. However,
- The generic hauler in the vehicle deployer just sits there (for an hour) and doesn't do anything. I even added some fuel in case that was the problem.
- If a hauler and a miner go head-on, they get stuck, and then they never seem to recover from that and just end up waiting for intervention

Is there something I need to do to help this ?

I should re-iterate, this is a great mod, and the work you have done on it so far should not be underestimated.. NICE WORK !

Z
The hauler loop setups are basic examples that only command a specific hauler index. The newly deployed hauler will not be affected by those systems, so it will never do anything... unless one of the other haulers die, in which case it will become hauler 5 and try to collect stone.
The hauler-miner head to head problem I have not seen, although I did see the coal hauler waiting for ages next to the coal miner but that's because the coal miner would'nt release coal until it had 100 in it's cargo (and it fills the fuel slots before the cargo). I'll look into that problem though.
Nilaus wrote:Hi Earendel

I love your mod and I want to love it even more if I can get the stupid vehicles to stop derping and starting executing the commands. I am building a lot of stuff using your mods in preparation for using them for my next series...

However, I am having huge issues with the AI. I know you are saying it is "derpy", but I am literally sitting here shouting at a Miner going in the oppostite direction and this is not something that fixed itself. They sometimes just spin in circles in random locations and sometimes decide to ram the base. The Haulers are more reliable than the Miners, maybe because they are faster so I do not sit and wait for ever for them to maybe autocorrect.

Question 1:
Can this be reliably used as the primary source of ore for a large base? I am quite worried about the amount of derping going on. I am also quite concerned about the UPS from all these scanners. The scanners are taking up a lot of updates when I look at the debugger (in my small test setup with 35 scanners the updates are already at 3500 out of 8000 for the entire base).

Question 2:
Here is an example that I have been wondering about. Suppose a Tile Scanner is looking for trees and marks 10 with an X. The Miner harvests tress number 4 and 5. A Zone Scanner removed empty zone marker continually so there are now only 8 marked. Are these 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or are they 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8? The reason for me asking is because I may have another Miner heading towards Tree #8, will that be rerouted to another tree (the old #10)? Another example would be the Tile Scanner identified another Tree, will this become the new 4 or 5 or will that become 11 or 9? Basically this is a roundabout way of asking if this is stored as an array or a vector and whether you are using absolute IDs or position in vector?

Contribution:
AAI Hauler Loop.PNG
I would create one of those nice diagrams, but I don't know what program you are using to make those...
I don't think that the pathfinding will ever be great unless I can find a way of not useng biter-type entities for navigation. That either means that the devs need to expose a pathfinding api directly (which I have requested) or someone builds a pathfinding mod for factorio which I can use. Even without that I do have plans for pathfinding improvement but it may take a week or two before that's ready because it's a lot more code heavy than the current setup (which is basically an invisible biter to point in the right direction).

Question 1 Answer:
Can this mod be reliably used as the primary source of ore for a large base? Yes. But there are a few caveats. It's going to be difficult to makes sure the ore supply is steady. You need some redundancy to allow for the vehicle derp factor IF you're using the move-to style of unit command. If you want vehicles to move at full speed round a complicated base with precision then use the angle and speed method, or the x & y subtile inputs (it gets converted to angle and speed too). These allows you to send vehicles in a specific direction and can be controlled by zones. I've made a racetrack with this approach. Outside of the base this approach probably means a miner will go directly to the targeted tile ignoring any obstacles, but proving there's no water in the way it should get there.

The structures are quite a ups strain when they function. The structures are throttled globally so that only 10 of them can be processed per tick, so as you add more the ups won't go down but there will be more ticks between each individual scanner being run. It is better to have fewer but more sophisticated setups than many simpler setups. Another thing worth noting is that every signal passed into a structure has a ups cost when it runs, so filtering the inputs with combinators first can help a bit too.

Question 2 Answer:
Zone tile lists are vector style. the first one created is tile 1, the 10th one is tile 10. If tiles 4 and 5 are removed tile 10 becomes tile 8. When another one is added it becomes tile 9. The tiles lists are separated by tile type. When scanning a tile type it also returns the count of tiles of that type. For resource zoning I usually send a miner to Tile 1, i.e. the oldest tile. You can use the tile controller to place tiles under the player to create a path of tiles with increasing ids. If you use the Zone Planner tool, it modifies the same list as the zone control tower.

Other notes: You can use unit data to store virtual signals on units. You could use the a-z signals to signify some sort of behaviour. You could combine this with another signal like the haulers time-since-moved signal. eg: If time since moved > 300 then add units data "A 1". If hauler has Unit Data "A 1" send to garage and remove the "A 1" signal when it gets there and time-since-moved reaches 3000.
undarl wrote:
Nilaus wrote: Contribution:
Neat. I'll admit that I used a much lower-tech solution -- since the hauler will transfer inventory at a decent distance, I had the arithmetic combinators attached to the miner's unit scanner transmit X+1/Y+1 (or +2, or more) instead of X*1/Y*1. The hauler then targets a tile slightly offset from the miner's tile so they aren't fighting over it.

Your solution is probably more useful and elegant when the miner is still in transit I'd imagine.
That sort of thing is how I make attack formations.
_Omega133_ wrote:Hi I do not understand how to organize an attack with several types of vehicle (chaingunner, laser tank and flame tumbler) otherwise this mod looks really cool :) when you know how to use it :D
The easy way is to select them with the unit remote controller, the shift-drag a large area near an enemy base.

A more advanced way is to use a zone to make an attack point, and use unit controllers to move various unit types in formations (x y offsets) around the attack point. You could place the attack point zone directly or you could have a zone controller gradually move it towards a target base at a slower rate (so everything can keep up).

Nilaus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nilaus »

I have created 5 tutorial videos for Advanced Autonomous Industries and uploaded to YouTube.
1. Vehicles and Manual Commands https://youtu.be/paUEMY3lTyQ
2. Scanners and Controllers https://youtu.be/e93rbJmFTyU
3. Automatic Zone and Miner assignment https://youtu.be/z8zBhn4SBD0
4. Automatic Alien Search and Destroy https://youtu.be/e_S5FwEDxeY
5. Automatic Haulage from Miner to Depot https://youtu.be/QoVRsQ4e6RE

The Blueprints I use in the are available below:
Zone Allocation
Miner Assignment
Zone clean up
Alien Search and Destroy
Haulage loop from Miner to Depot

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Great job Nilaus, I'm sure a lot of people will find them very useful.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

I've learnt about this mod(s) from recent Arumba's series, but damn... This seems so awesome that I'd watch YT series dedicated for it alone in vanilla's gamemode. Does anyone here know any?

tuefekci
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tuefekci »

I made basicly a manual scanner blueprint which could perhaps help some people understand better how the terrain scanning works also i prefer to manualy assign the areas after some of my miners drove out of my map radius. :?

Link to a Gif which shows it (i am not allowed to post links :/ (new account))
gph.is/2psMPg0

Iam also thinking about using it to optimize pathfinding in my factory area with making driveable zones which the haulers should follow from start to end point but that will take some more thinking.

Blueprint:

Code: Select all

H4sIAAAAAAAA/81Y27KaMBT9lTM8tsEheJ/T9A/61MczHSZC1EwhcUI4Sh3+vQGxGoVAFGfqizCEfVlr75UdIv4W8xDHbwE60pCzFB2PlEXkgCBI6YbhGB1l
viPIoZIkDmA4UdcRCWlEhBvyZEUZllw4RQHqF33Di5LGxE1DzNT6AhAmqaSk9Hl6nEqRhdLdEEYEDV3Kdpl0wI6nahln6HhA7nwEl0sfLuZTkCN3PJovZ+q6
ABEVJKxWTYDKg51ulOkPBzq/0FGQSLmpPOYBjRCEIKQizKgs7/yi/IE6jD+c1VHqvmely8llXY9wJwOFO9UCvMCoexubA+SZbIrwFJMxPil4HKzIFn9SLtBx
TWNJRMmbTvUnFTLD8Znt00NVJRmTTgGqf+SBur7KfPqkPlbrNoIQpvPnXfMHNXj6pA37pN0Z27w9CCyo3CZEqgCu2kQLwhtV7jW/fgPcF1OBehjROqY1FakM
+jBwcMuKqShgqcSKBQj4jghcuXS+OOCEkZWxnvTNFCKXu8UtYODD8cvX7hle6A16bWX5INKTlyOdD4l0bof0TTFeAwbH/XGfdwhjjZoO8Bnee0jPxhIekYCv
gwsasDmtzoi0xAzRNuxSDXoOR51yVxuyLYkKLSwE37upu4px+FvVRUpKK73ov+hmssOijB853/oVUKPrkO/yoDIarAVPgmq/QkorSUuB3TMxvaoc845qLYbu
/B8bQ/ZlCxJNzfn1cWx7dqi+afkmMK0quZY3v0ve+hby9chGBWcuF5qmeVpNfrfA7eCGeTn9tRTjGsdpWzXeQTQ26N2kv97pdnyDHTt5qUkZv4IUgffunvNo
KFIUtoNwsjBQ4ltQ4j8NO3wF7AogJRdDdgMXmG3IMP3gG8CfPg5+u51HiPFewUsqFZpDUbLfKtPDMDIxMGIxCd+qULsdO0YmwzLSPMWQTyJyuaVs8zRBzRaf
Hmrgso2KW0J92HwWfWIILacer3noeQ73s6Q/3REr/kxPdMHtmyt/1vcQ2E99XrQrKMQGEh/zrG4lPjaSPzUIzF132ArMYKA/LjDISmAenYYagDV8xNBru4Mg
w9ne9/SPXwmOYzfGye6GC8WE8YD+D30b8DHr1vYCZClR5mMu0pMyP6wU3WmO//c07/p0dp9kUXv/gZmK5WeIlRnhFO+CyEywt+CdsOgv30MpTroXAAA=

Cobrikhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobrikhan »

BTW The Arumba Desync was fun to watch. I assume we'll be seeing a patch to the mod soon? lol
scatterlogical wrote:]EDIT: So this doesn't quite work properly. Has some timing issues that I'm try to work out. If anyone more magely than me wants to try and fix it, feel free.
EDIT 2: OK fixed now! Updated image and blueprint

Absolutely loving these AAI mods! Here's a little something I've spent the past few hours working on:

It's an automatic zone manager that can manage up to six zones.
It cycles through each of the zones, removing zoning that no longer contains resources, then automatically jumps to the next zone.
Configure your resources per zone in each of the six decider combinators to the right.

Blueprint string still says it's invalid. Hopefully you can get that sorted because the image is difficult to discern where certain wires are going as well as the lack of Alt-Details view so reverse engineering the build from the image alone is beyond me. I'll keep trying to puzzle it out though. Hopefully when I get the final array in place it will combine the features that you outline here along with
tuefekci wrote:I made basicly a manual scanner blueprint which could perhaps help some people understand better how the terrain scanning works also i prefer to manualy assign the areas after some of my miners drove out of my map radius. :?

Link to a Gif which shows it (i am not allowed to post links :/ (new account))
gph.is/2psMPg0

Iam also thinking about using it to optimize pathfinding in my factory area with making driveable zones which the haulers should follow from start to end point but that will take some more thinking.

Blueprint:

Code: Select all

H4sIAAAAAAAA/81Y27KaMBT9lTM8tsEheJ/T9A/61MczHSZC1EwhcUI4Sh3+vQGxGoVAFGfqizCEfVlr75UdIv4W8xDHbwE60pCzFB2PlEXkgCBI6YbhGB1l
viPIoZIkDmA4UdcRCWlEhBvyZEUZllw4RQHqF33Di5LGxE1DzNT6AhAmqaSk9Hl6nEqRhdLdEEYEDV3Kdpl0wI6nahln6HhA7nwEl0sfLuZTkCN3PJovZ+q6
ABEVJKxWTYDKg51ulOkPBzq/0FGQSLmpPOYBjRCEIKQizKgs7/yi/IE6jD+c1VHqvmely8llXY9wJwOFO9UCvMCoexubA+SZbIrwFJMxPil4HKzIFn9SLtBx
TWNJRMmbTvUnFTLD8Znt00NVJRmTTgGqf+SBur7KfPqkPlbrNoIQpvPnXfMHNXj6pA37pN0Z27w9CCyo3CZEqgCu2kQLwhtV7jW/fgPcF1OBehjROqY1FakM
+jBwcMuKqShgqcSKBQj4jghcuXS+OOCEkZWxnvTNFCKXu8UtYODD8cvX7hle6A16bWX5INKTlyOdD4l0bof0TTFeAwbH/XGfdwhjjZoO8Bnee0jPxhIekYCv
gwsasDmtzoi0xAzRNuxSDXoOR51yVxuyLYkKLSwE37upu4px+FvVRUpKK73ov+hmssOijB853/oVUKPrkO/yoDIarAVPgmq/QkorSUuB3TMxvaoc845qLYbu
/B8bQ/ZlCxJNzfn1cWx7dqi+afkmMK0quZY3v0ve+hby9chGBWcuF5qmeVpNfrfA7eCGeTn9tRTjGsdpWzXeQTQ26N2kv97pdnyDHTt5qUkZv4IUgffunvNo
KFIUtoNwsjBQ4ltQ4j8NO3wF7AogJRdDdgMXmG3IMP3gG8CfPg5+u51HiPFewUsqFZpDUbLfKtPDMDIxMGIxCd+qULsdO0YmwzLSPMWQTyJyuaVs8zRBzRaf
Hmrgso2KW0J92HwWfWIILacer3noeQ73s6Q/3REr/kxPdMHtmyt/1vcQ2E99XrQrKMQGEh/zrG4lPjaSPzUIzF132ArMYKA/LjDISmAenYYagDV8xNBru4Mg
w9ne9/SPXwmOYzfGye6GC8WE8YD+D30b8DHr1vYCZClR5mMu0pMyP6wU3WmO//c07/p0dp9kUXv/gZmK5WeIlRnhFO+CyEywt+CdsOgv30MpTroXAAA=

boksiora
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boksiora »

Just idea if we can have this kind of mechanic with attachable "trucks"

https://www.facebook.com/postfeed.net/v ... f=NEWSFEED

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

You know what would be amazing? Having the harkonnen voices from Dune2000 (same style as C&C series also developed by Westwood studios before they broke) as that guy gets very angry when someone is attacking one of your units, it'd be amazing to hear "Harvester under attack!" "Our base is under attack!" "Unit lost". The RTS Factorio would be amazing with those sounds, if you play around with Ion cannon mod the nostalgic C&C feeling gets real. Altho the voices for dune2000 I think would require a few more months to be free for public usage since the company broke I think there's a grace period that you need to wait, IDK. The mod is already fantastic as it is, a few little thingies wouldn't hurt rite? :D

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

^^
http://www.openra.net/
Theyr'e using Dune2000 graphics already, not sure if voices too, but I think it means its free to use now.

tuefekci
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tuefekci »

boksiora wrote:Just idea if we can have this kind of mechanic with attachable "trucks"

https://www.facebook.com/postfeed.net/v ... f=NEWSFEED
Thats basicly already in there set the hauler to follow with a position which is a bit behind the miner so it doesnt bumps in all the time and you have it.

tuefekci
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tuefekci »

Cobrikhan wrote:Blueprint string still says it's invalid. Hopefully you can get that sorted because the image is difficult to discern where certain wires are going as well as the lack of Alt-Details view so reverse engineering the build from the image alone is beyond me. I'll keep trying to puzzle it out though. Hopefully when I get the final array in place it will combine the features that you outline here along with
Iam not sure if you quoted me right there :D Tested the import It works fine for me iam using arumbas modpack and foreman.

-------

I also made a blueprint based on viewtopic.php?f=93&t=38475&start=40#p232265 blueprint which lets a miner only work in an radius.

Cyan Empty Circle is the parking postition, cyan cross is the ore.
Blueprint

Cobrikhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobrikhan »

tuefekci wrote:Iam not sure if you quoted me right there :D Tested the import It works fine for me iam using arumbas modpack and foreman.
Your BP works just fine. The other post is the one that's broken despite saying that it has been fixed. Was just referencing your build as something that I would like to include into an all-in-one zone clear system (the other quoted build)

Return to “Mods”