Topics and discussion about specific mods
slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by slippycheeze »

Kevinmccart1 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:18 pm
Anyone Notice how the Zones are getting auto deleated even when you haven't set up the zone clearer yet is anyone else haveing this problem I first noticed it when I was trying to set up an ore feild to be auto mined and all my Zones just started getting deleated so i put up the auto zone scanner to replaces them faster and they still dissaperred even with out a zone clearing network set up
Nope. I can, in fact, confirm that they are not automatically removed even if they are on a resource that is completely consumed.

Whatever is going on, and I believe you experience this, it isn't that simple.

Are you certain you are not sending the X/Y signals without a zone signal? If you had a latency issue that pulled them out of sync you might end up clearing the zone accidentally?

Kevinmccart1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kevinmccart1 »

After setting up the auto scanner for zones no zones are bening placed even if i set it all the way out to 1000 distance and I'm not playing on a server this is on a single player game So there shouldn't be any latency issues maybe I'm setting it up worng for the current version I can't find any up to date wireing settings

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Kevinmccart1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:19 pm
After setting up the auto scanner for zones no zones are bening placed
I can't tell you what is wrong here, because I built my own driver, but I can tell you that the AAI structures absolutely do work correctly to detect and mark zones. They are functioning doing exactly that for me in my experimental setup using the tools.

So... whatever the problem is, I suggest you start by digging in to see what is wrong with your stuff. A simple way to start would be to manually point the scanner at a location you know resources exist, then figure out why the output isn't going where you expect.

eatingburger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eatingburger »

(Bug Report)

So I've been playing a mod called "Warptorio", and tried integrating AAI vehicles (figured they'd pair up nicely). Every time I warped, however, all the AAI entities broke.

Talked to the warptorio guy, and he told me that it was because "there isn't any cloning support" and "the on_ent_created hook needs to be expanded to include on_ent_cloned".

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

eatingburger wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:59 am
(Bug Report)

So I've been playing a mod called "Warptorio", and tried integrating AAI vehicles (figured they'd pair up nicely). Every time I warped, however, all the AAI entities broke. Talked to the warptorio guy, and he told me that it was because "there isn't any cloning support" and "the on_ent_created hook needs to be expanded to include on_ent_cloned".
Do you have a link to that discussion? It can often be helpful to see the full details of the suggestions.

sutech
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sutech »

Hi, i have a problem my hauler cant take piercing ammo from depot1 a take it to another depot2. I have filter to inventory how much can take. On depot1 have filter to -1 to giving and depot2 filter to 2K for income. Also i have depot3 to proccesed fuel and hauler dont take it (filter to 400 in hauler).

PS: Haulers work only for raw resources and not other items?
Relationship: In love with FactoriO :P :D

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

sutech wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:04 pm
PS: Haulers work only for raw resources and not other items?
It works for things that are not raw resources. I don't know why your system is failing, but I have successfully used the hauler to transport other times, including plates and other intermediates, science, and finished products from depot to depot.

sutech
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sutech »

Depot 1. Ammo locket to 10k and filter -1 to export
Depot 2. Processing fuel locket 10k and filter -1 to export
Depot 3. Ammo locket 2k and filter import 2k
Hauler: locket filter for about 2k proc. Fuel and remain slots filter for ammo.
I dont know how many depots i can choose…

PS: I am idiot sorry everybody... I dont know about haulers unitdata (filter with items)
Relationship: In love with FactoriO :P :D

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zanostra »

I think there is a bug while using the path remote controller and set a path.
When the vehicle following the set path goes from it's last point to the first one in a loop, it will not avoid obstacles, even though when the option is set to 'always' use pathfinding.
Instead it appears to use the option 'auto ( switch after a collision )'.

bug:
1 build a wall ( or a cliff or whatever ).
2 create a path with 2 points, one on each side of the wall, and with both points set 'pathfinding' to 'always', and set the 'loop path' checkbox to true.
3 let a vehicle follow the path.
- it will go straight to point 1, it will pathfind around the wall to point 2, it will go straight to point one and crash into the wall, after that it will pathfind to point 1 again and repeat.

MatthewJMimnaugh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MatthewJMimnaugh »

Earendel wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:02 pm
Nedreow wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:45 pm
Is there a way to keep vehicles with multiple weapons from being split? Or at least leaving a version with all weapons? Because I would like to at least have a private vehicle with all the weapons.
There is a mod setting to stop it from being split but it is not programmable if you do that.
This may sound like a stupid question, but where does one get "entity-name" in order to exclude a given vehicle? Much appreciated. Also, I thought I would ask, but is there a way to recombine the split entities into a new one with all the weapons? I know you can't both split and not split them from other posts, but was wondering if a post-combine would be a way around that.

Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 1000101 »

Is there a tutorial for this mod that is actually current and relevant? All the tutorials in the OP are completely irrelevant as the mod does not work for the most part as portrayed in the tutorials.

Mainly what I am looking for is how to program the depot based on needs instead of having them use static inputs and outputs.

ie: Instead of always requesting X of Y, I want to program the value of X for Y which is simple enough through combinators, but the depot does not input values, it only outputs them.

Basically, I don't want a depot always requesting 1000 iron ore (or however much of whatever), only when it is needed and I can't figure out how to do this.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

1000101 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:20 pm
Is there a tutorial for this mod that is actually current and relevant? All the tutorials in the OP are completely irrelevant as the mod does not work for the most part as portrayed in the tutorials.

Mainly what I am looking for is how to program the depot based on needs instead of having them use static inputs and outputs.

ie: Instead of always requesting X of Y, I want to program the value of X for Y which is simple enough through combinators, but the depot does not input values, it only outputs them.

Basically, I don't want a depot always requesting 1000 iron ore (or however much of whatever), only when it is needed and I can't figure out how to do this.
There are not, but those old ones can give you the basics to still apply basic operation. You can build from there. However, we DO need more current tutorials; I should make some... maybe in the near future. :) I can go over things I have created, some of which is somewhat "old" in how it operates, but it works. Others, I have some more advanced ways of controlling the AAI Units.

As for your questions: I think you are asking that you want the depot to have a variable request of resources depending on other factors that change? If so, I am certain you can connect a circuit to the depot that administers the requests for that depot. So the circuit can send changing values and the depot will act accordingly. I have never used this case, but you have me curiously thinking about it. Let me look into this further.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Playing all yours (and recommended) mods in a new 0.17 game, a minor balance question :

Isn't it a bit weird that Position Beacon / Vehicle Depot / Automated Vehicle Deployment only cost 10/10/20 RedSci,
and Mining Vehicle 1 / Hauler ( /Chaingunner) also cost only 10/10(/50) RedSci,
while all the 3 buildings that these very cheap techs unlock unlock require Electronic Circuits, which need to be crafted the research of :
Basic Automation (10) + Electricity (50) + Automation (100!) + Electronics (30), for a "whopping" 190 RedSci ?

(BTW, thanks for making Circuit Network cheaper at 50 RedSci !)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Meculus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Meculus »

Could you please add a mod/update that allows you to disable weapon splitting without disabling AI or creates a separate vehicle with all the weapons on that doesn't need to have AI?

steinerrr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by steinerrr »

Hi Earendel!

I wonder if you could help. There is a mod called Vehicle Wagon (1 and 2), which allows to transport a loaded and equipped vehicle on a rail platform.
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=31489

But there is a problem with that mod - when a vehicle is unloaded (unwinched) from a rail platform it will lose the AAI programmable interface, which is normally always available with AAI Programmable Vehicles in top left corner. The vehicle just becomes normal simple (non-AI vehicle), that cannot be remotely controlled.

Can you suggest what needs to be done to re-enable the AAI Interface for that mod, when the vehicle is unloaded?
I tried quite a bit to figure it out in the code of both mods, but this is beyond my programming ability.

Any help will be appreciated!

neetzow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by neetzow »

Hi...
I loved the concept of this mod, and watched both Nilaus and the other guy's tutorials... but, as they are clearly outdated, there is a lot of stuff I can't figure out, and I'm having trouble with the basics.

1)For starters, all the vehicles have trouble to start moving, giving frequent "no path" error messages, be it with the yellow controller or with the command buildings.
1.1) When using the yellow controller they give several "no path" messages, and I need to give several move orders before said vehicle decide to move.
1.2) They don't move in a straight line. They seem to think that some patches of land are obstructed, even though they are clearly empty barren land, and if the distance is longer... "no path"

2)Talking about the automated part, I used Nilaus layout (not taken from him directly, but it was clearly inspired by his layouts) for zoning and mining, but both aren't working as intended:
2.1) the "auto-zonner" skips several mineral tiles... don't think it would really be a problem, since, the zoned tiles are so close together that everything would end eaten up by the miners, but stil...
2.2) the miners don't move. I used their vehicle ID's in the signals tab, and I placed a unit scanner to verify, so I know this was right, but they simply don't move.... to be fair, one of them went to it's assigned stone patch, but after this, it never moved again. The others gave the "no path" message, and afterwards not even that. I tried driving or using the controles to relocate then, to see if it is some bug with the tiles in my map, and they keep where I left them

3) How do I tell a particular vehicle to obey the path from the blue controller? I couldn't figure out more than making a path.

Some up-to-date tutorial would really come in hand, specially for the blue controller, since they didn't exist by the time Nilaus and the other guy made their tutorials... and on that note, some of the interfaces changed or don't exist anymore, right? Is it possible to update the mod description or something (on the first page of the forum or somewhere else) to represent the changes? you see, as of now, there 42 pages of discussion here, and to read all of them in order to just figure out what changes happened in the last 3 years of game is a little...

Anyway, sorry for all the whining... I really want to implement these mods on my gameplay and have some fun, but I'm a little to dumb to figure out what is going on by myself... any help appreciated.

UPDATE:
Figured out the blue controller... maaaan... I'm dumb! It's written on its Interface...
Anyway, uninstalled the "driver assist mod" that tell you to follow pavement, and, not sure - probably I'm wrong - it seems to have worked somewhat... The miners have trouble tracing a path to a further point if there is any kind of obstacle on the way (the hauler seems to be smarter, but must be my dumb-self deriving circunstancial and un-based conclusions), but it's still going to it's intended point.

But I still insist that an up-to-date tutorial and/or discussion on this mod is in order (maybe even create a new tread for the newest version with all its changes, if altering the current one is impossible).

Anyway, It's an amazing mod! I love it! It is somewhat hard to work with it, specially for dumb people like me, but once you start to figure things out, its like a missing piece of the game is found and set in place. Thank you! please, keep this thing up and running!

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

I think I may have found some unintended Feature/Bug. I originally did not know where it came from but I ended up spawning Biters by placing Landfill Ghosts and got pointed here.

This is the original Report. ^^

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81001
Don't underestimate Landmines!
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

Sperwer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sperwer »

Neetzow,

AAI is currently using the biter pathfinder algorithms. They are not optimal for moving vehicles around. Hauler works best indeed, the other vehicles get stuck more often. Luckily your miners will not have to move that much.

First it connects to the target destination with a straight green line (visible only when unit selected with unit controller). After a few seconds the line will become yellow, curve around obstacles or just for being biter code. During the first pathfinding stage the vehicle is prone to bump into other obstacles.

If you use locations like beacons or vehicle depots instead of coordinates in a path (you have to manually edit the waypoint) the vehicle will try and move in a straight line: use where there are no obstacles to improve speed.

Most of the old stuff should still work. A few extra signals have been added for the path tool extension (path id and waypoint id). Those can be safely turned of in scanners for old blueprints.

canisdirusleidy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canisdirusleidy »

The mod stopped working after updating Angel's Bioprocessing due to a new icon with a different size:
error message

Kladdey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kladdey »

Yeah, same story as above.

Return to “Mods”