[MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Structures

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Structures

Post by Earendel »

HammerPiano wrote:Any plans to update this mods (and all of the other AAI mods) for 0.16?
Yes they will all be updated. I'm currently working on Alien Biomes. The AAI mods should be done a few days after that.

Runex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Runex »

Saw you updated most of the other mods, is this one along with the other main AAI mod also getting updated today?

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Not today. I was trying to get the others done first because they are relatively fast (except alien biomes).

The programmable ones are extremely complicated so they will probably take longer, plus I have less time during week days.

Runex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Runex »

Are you making any changes or did 0.16 break it entirely?

Keep up the good work

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

There are some gameplay changes planned but I've decided not to do those yet because it will delay a playable 0.16 version.

For the most part it will be the minimum number of changes to get it running in 0.16, but I will be trying to remove the dependencies like data-raw-prototypes, off-grid-effects, detached-sounds, etc, because 0.16 has some more API features that (hopefully) do most of these things.

Runex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Runex »

Cool, looking forward to it

also props for quick response

xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xeln4g4 »

Any news on when this and the other missing 0.16 AAI mods will be ready!? I would like to learn to play with these mods they are such a great addition and fit so well in the game! After 1400 hours of gameplay i feel ready for this :)

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I'm hoping to have a mostly working version this weekend. It won't be fully tested so there will be bugs, but I can put it on the forum for people that want to help with finding and reporting bugs and help speed the process along.

xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xeln4g4 »

Earendel wrote:I'm hoping to have a mostly working version this weekend. It won't be fully tested so there will be bugs, but I can put it on the forum for people that want to help with finding and reporting bugs and help speed the process along.
Thank you! I am available for it!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

If there are no major issues with these I'll put them on the mod portal.

AAI Programmable Structures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fpoQE ... riCyxubU1e

AAI Programmable Vehicles: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s5wxo ... tS_6LqpV3X

xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xeln4g4 »

yeahhh! Great job, gonna download them right now!

JerryCZZ1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JerryCZZ1 »

I found 1 error when I try press button in marked red circle
Attachments
h1CCkw80Tk2iw0Qjoj5bew.png
h1CCkw80Tk2iw0Qjoj5bew.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 7666 times

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

JerryCZZ1 wrote:I found 1 error when I try press button in marked red circle
That looks like a pavement drive assist problem.

xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xeln4g4 »

Earendel wrote:
JerryCZZ1 wrote:I found 1 error when I try press button in marked red circle
That looks like a pavement drive assist problem.
guess so, infact i found this out soon, but thought it was some incompatibility with the other mod. If u click there with remote control in your hand, error does not appear and things work fine.

grays42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by grays42 »

Earendel,

Maybe I'm just missing something, but the structures technology only provides the three scanners, zone controller, vehicle deployer, and vehicle depot. There is no unit controller. I pulled up creative mode and unlocked all techs, confirmed I'm not just missing a technology here...I tried the demo map and confirmed that that exists, it just isn't bulidable. Ideas?

Thanks!

grays42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by grays42 »

Nevermind, I fixed it. I added a few lines to technology.lua at line 9:

Code: Select all

{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "zone-scan"},
            {type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "zone-control"},
            {type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "tile-scan"},
            {type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "unit-scan"},
            {type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "unit-control"},
            {type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "unitdata-control"},
            {type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "unitdata-scan"},

grays42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by grays42 »

Glitch with 0.4.1: when blueprinting the design, the wires are attached to the inputs/outputs of the scanner, not the scanner itself. The *inputs/outputs* of the scanner blueprint too. This has two effects:

- First, when the new scanner is placed via blueprint, the wires are not attached to it, they're attached to the inputs/outputs of the old scanner, and brand new inputs/outputs are generated. This causes two inputs/outputs (even though the inputs are invisible) to be stacked on top of one another, resulting in unexpected behavior from combinators.

- Second, the inputs/outputs are created and exist in the world as entities and can't ever be deleted. You can still hook wires to them (even the invisible input).

See image below. To work around the issue, you can detach wires from the two blue-marked sections, then reattach after blueprinting. The readouts floating in midair are the artifacts left over when blueprinting an active scanner.

https://imgur.com/bt4jGMc.jpg

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

https://imgur.com/bt4jGMc.jpg[/quote]
grays42 wrote:Earendel,

Maybe I'm just missing something, but the structures technology only provides the three scanners, zone controller, vehicle deployer, and vehicle depot. There is no unit controller. I pulled up creative mode and unlocked all techs, confirmed I'm not just missing a technology here...I tried the demo map and confirmed that that exists, it just isn't bulidable. Ideas?

Thanks!
Those structures are being moved to a different tech for vehicle specific structures. It makes it less complicated if you add the vehicles mod at a later date.
grays42 wrote:Glitch with 0.4.1: when blueprinting the design, the wires are attached to the inputs/outputs of the scanner, not the scanner itself. The *inputs/outputs* of the scanner blueprint too. This has two effects:

- First, when the new scanner is placed via blueprint, the wires are not attached to it, they're attached to the inputs/outputs of the old scanner, and brand new inputs/outputs are generated. This causes two inputs/outputs (even though the inputs are invisible) to be stacked on top of one another, resulting in unexpected behavior from combinators.

- Second, the inputs/outputs are created and exist in the world as entities and can't ever be deleted. You can still hook wires to them (even the invisible input).

See image below. To work around the issue, you can detach wires from the two blue-marked sections, then reattach after blueprinting. The readouts floating in midair are the artifacts left over when blueprinting an active scanner.
I'm guessing that you're using a mod that automatically makes ghost entities real? If so that's what is breaking it.

nightingale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nightingale »

I've hit a problem in the 0.4.1 AAI Programmable Structures release on Factorio 0.16.21. Whenever I click on either the Input Terminal or Output Terminal of the Tile Scanner, I get this error:

Code: Select all

Error while running event aai-programmable-structures::on_tick (ID 0)
Can't add element with the name "entity" as LuaGuiElement contains a property or method with the same name.
stack traceback:
	__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1016: in function 'struct_gui_add_setting'
	__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1058: in function 'struct_gui_add_settings_recursive'
	__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1042: in function 'struct_gui_add_settings_recursive'
	__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1054: in function 'struct_gui_add_settings_recursive'
	__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1042: in function 'struct_gui_add_settings_recursive'
	__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1087: in function 'struct_add_settings_gui'
	__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1203: in function <__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1186>

grays42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by grays42 »

Earendel wrote:Those structures are being moved to a different tech for vehicle specific structures. It makes it less complicated if you add the vehicles mod at a later date.
Gotcha.
Earendel wrote:I'm guessing that you're using a mod that automatically makes ghost entities real? If so that's what is breaking it.
Ah! Yep, that would be it. Rather than try to learn the mod a live environment, I'm experimenting and putting together circuit monstrosities in my creative mode sandbox that I can later use in live. :D Didn't realize that would affect it. Thanks!

As a side note, do you have any intention of making the coordinates of depots scannable by ID? That's the one thing that I really feel like is missing; I'm setting up what is essentially going to be a combinator-driven data network to make haulers into giant logistic bots, and the one thing that's proving super difficult to streamline is the process of defining the locations of depots. I'm having to manually enter X,Y values into constant combinators to say "this is where the depot lives", it's completely arbitrary. The only way to uniquely pull a depot location is to mark the depot with a zone, which isn't scalable; I'm basically just using a zone to tag the location, a scanner to determine the X,Y, and manually keying that into a combinator.

Also, a few questions about some of the signals that I can't find documentation for anywhere:
- What triggers, or how do I utilize, the "minimum fuel" signal? At the moment I have a manually built combinator array that basically adds up all fuel sources in inventory to determine how much fuel I have left. I can't figure out how the minimum fuel symbol shows up on my scanner in a usable way.
- What is a "surface signal"?

Thanks for this mod. I just discovered it a week ago and it's a whole new playground of programmable awesomeness. :)

Return to “Mods”