[MOD 0.14] AAI Signals

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[MOD 0.14] AAI Signals

Post by Earendel »

Title: AAI Signals
Short Description: Additional signals for things like health, speed, angle, land, water, position (X & Y), enemy detection, etc... Developed primarily for the Programmable Vehicles Mod but the signals can be used for anything.
Name: aai-signals
Factorio Version: 0.14
Mod State: Beta
Dependencies: Base
Author: Earendel
Downloads: Mod Portal
Licence: See below
signals-thumbnail.png
signals-thumbnail.png (13.17 KiB) Viewed 10487 times
Signal List
  • Player Signal - Intended to represent the player of a player_index. In a single player game the player has a player_index of 1, so Player Signal 1 would be the first player.
  • Player Cursor Signal - Intended to represent the cursor of a player with a player_index.
  • Energy Signal - Intended to represent energy (in Joules)
  • Health Signal - Intended to represent an entity's health as an absolute value.
  • Angle Signal - Intended to represent a 0-360 orientation. 90 means East, 180 means South, 270 means West and 360 (or 0) means North. This is basically Factorio’s internal orientation system multiplied by 360.
  • Speed Signal - Intended to represent vehicle speed at 1000 times Factorio’s internal speed number system (the internal numbers are very small). Could also represent things like Crafting speed a 1000x.
  • Distance Signal - Intended to represent distance or range in Tile.
  • X Tile Position Signal - An X-Tile coordinate (East is positive, West is negative)
  • Y Tile Position Signal - An Y-Tile coordinate (South is positive, North is negative)
  • X Subtile Position Signal - (This represents 100 sub tiles per tile, i.e. 100 * X-Tile) - Useful for more precise positioning. It should be the same as 100 * X-Tile
  • Y Subtile Position Signal - (This represents 100 sub tiles per tile, i.e. 100 * Y-Tile) - Useful for more precise positioning. It should be the same as 100 * Y-Tile
  • Enemy Unit Signal - Intended to represent an enemy unit-type entity such as biters or enemy robot armies. Could also represent enemy players or vehicles.
  • Enemy Unit Spawner Signal - A biter spawner.
  • Enemy Turret Signal - Intended to represent an enemy turret-type entity such as Worms or enemy gun turrets.
  • Land Signal - Represents any sort of land tile (from desert to concrete), anything that is not water.
  • Water Signal - Represents any sort of water tile.
  • Count-Of-Type Signal - Intended to be a generic counter representing the total population size of a certain type of thing based on the context. (The total number of Cars, the total number of Blue Circle Zones, etc) Usually paired with another signal to give it context.
  • Time Since Target Locked Signal - Intended to represent the number of ticks since an entity last had a link on a target. If this value is low it is probably in combat.
  • Time Since Moved Signal - Intended to represent the number of ticks since an entity changed its current tile. If the value is high it is probably idle or stuck.
  • Time Since Last Command Signal - Intended to represent the number of ticks since an entity was given a command. Can be used as a delay timer so that the previous command can be allowed to continue for a few seconds.

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Signals

Post by Hyratel »

Is there a way to access these signals? or are they Writable with no other AAI mods active?

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

You don't need any other AAI mods, you can use them in a combinator with just the signals mod installed. Other mods can make use of them too by specifying the signal name.

HCCN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HCCN »

Had much fun with AAI mods, but now I am in trouble cause the programmable structures set signals too far I cant reach and I cant place a radar there,any way to remove all signals on the ground? Also, is distance signal scaning a circle that take the
structure as the centre of circle and the distance as the radius? Wish you can add another siganl that can draw a sector determined by starting angle and termination angle and radius, yes , it's polar coordinates :D :D

HCCN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HCCN »

oh,I made a mistake. I don't mean signal, I mean zone mark set by programmable structures

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Use a zone scanner to scan for the zone. Mask out the existing zone and subtile coords on the output and feed that into a zone controller. That then sets the tile to no zone and the zone scanner scans the next tile. One zone tile every 2 ticks will be erased or 30 zones a second and you quickly have them all cleaned up.

HCCN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HCCN »

mrvn wrote:Use a zone scanner to scan for the zone. Mask out the existing zone and subtile coords on the output and feed that into a zone controller. That then sets the tile to no zone and the zone scanner scans the next tile. One zone tile every 2 ticks will be erased or 30 zones a second and you quickly have them all cleaned up.
THX, I just cleared all my zone signals. I didn't notice the description of zone controller.

Drachennarr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Drachennarr »

hey nice mod for factorio. i love it. one question: how can i use the minimum fuel signal to load up my miners?

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Drachennarr wrote:hey nice mod for factorio. i love it. one question: how can i use the minimum fuel signal to load up my miners?
Not exactly. The minimum fuel means they won't give away items if it would put the fuel below the minimum value. They still need to request whatever fuel you want to use. The 'Vehicle Fuel' is recommended because it makes the logistics simpler.

Saiph
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Saiph »

How about including a few extra signal names to cover common functions and values used in circuits? IMO this could make circuit diagrams easier to read and understand by giving parts of the circuit more meaningful names. Some suggestions:

'On' & 'Off'
'Max' & 'Min'
'Left' & 'Right'
'Clock', 'Count', 'Pulse', 'Limit' (but this might also be covered by 'Max'?)

asaphx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by asaphx »

If anyone has any idea how to read these minable resource signals, which are different from regular (mined) resource signal, but look the same - I will be grateful.

LetTheJamesBegin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LetTheJamesBegin »

asaphx wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:56 am
If anyone has any idea how to read these minable resource signals, which are different from regular (mined) resource signal, but look the same - I will be grateful.
This was a frustrating problem for me too. Click the right side of the scanner to display a menu with the building's options. Deselect "Entities" and select "Resources" to enable the detection of minable resources instead of loose items.

Return to “Mods”