Factorio Staff

[MOD 0.14] AAI Vehicles: Laser Tank

Post by Earendel »

vehicle-laser-tank.png
vehicle-laser-tank.png (17.36 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
vehicle-laser-tank-spin.gif
vehicle-laser-tank-spin.gif (2.47 MiB) Viewed 1957 times
Title: AAI Vehicles: Laser Tank
Short Description: A high-damage laser tank with heavy armour. Can be automated with AAI Programmable Vehicles mod (Coming Soon).
Name: aai-vehicles-laser-tank
Factorio Version: 0.14
Mod State: Beta
Dependencies: Base
Author: Earendel
Downloads: Mod Portal
Licence: See below

Long Description
The Laser Tank is based on the standard tank but has slightly improved armour, power-to-weight ratio, and uses a laser cannon.

The laser tank deals laser damage so it is great against big and behemoth biters. It’s high damage lower rate of fire means that it is less useful for it’s cost against massed small biters.

There are two types of laser cannon battery that change how the cannon fires.
A focussed beam causes higher damage to a single target.
A piercing beam deals slightly less damage but hits everything in a line.

Licence

chlue
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Vehicles: Laser Tank

Post by chlue »

Hello,

I really like the concept of a laser tank, but in 0.15 the tank felt way to weak once I got him. So as outlined via PM, here is an updated version of the laser tank rebalanced against the 0.15 stock tank and the updated tank from bobmods:

I did the following changes:
- buffed the weaker stats (resistances, hp,...) to match stock tank (when this mod was created the stock tank was weaker)
- add "bob-tank" vehicle grid if bobvehicleequipment mod is present and the vehicle grids are enabled
- change laser-tank recipe (with vehicle grid its not nice to reuse a grid filled tank as an ingredient; the upgrade still consumes the former one)
- add MK2 version with similar stats updates as the mk2 tank from bob combat
- add techs to unlock them separately (issue: the picture should have transparency, but I used yours from the mod portal which has grey background. I guess you have better files lying around)

chlue
Attachments
aai-vehicles-laser-tank_0.2.2.zip
preliminary raised version to 0.2.2
(3.23 MiB) Downloaded 80 times

Return to “Mods”