Topics and discussion about specific mods
Malryn
Inserter
Inserter

[0.14.x] Nuclear Robots

Post by Malryn »

Nuclear Robots

URL: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Malryn/NuclearRobots

Designed to work with the Reactors mod by GotLag. This is a forked version of the Fusion Robots Mod by MindMix. Special thanks for letting me use his code.

Description: With a modified Radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG) and special superconductors these flying reactors with robot arms perform the same tasks as conventional robots but without needing to recharge. The risks with the RTG always near critical mass to produce the maximum heat levels is should the framing/shielding be damaged, the plutonium core will have the result of a fizzle explosion. The resulting explosion will damage, if not likely destroy, any nearby objects. Please consult the Safety Guidelines in your User Manual for safety tips before use. Take special considerations when deploying robots near your defensive perimeter.
Note: Manufacturer is not responsible for incinerations, decapitations, amputations nor irradiations due to improper or proper use of device. By reading this statement you agree to the terms of service.

Recipe
Nuclear Logistic Robot
1 x Flying robot frame
2 x Advanced circuit
1 x Fuel Cell

Nuclear Construction Robot
1 x Flying robot frame
2 x Electronic circuit
1 x Fuel Cell

Change Log
0.0.1 - Initial Release
0.0.2- Requirements Fix
0.0.3 - Update to .0.15

Upcoming Changes
• Increase blast radius and damage to half the size of a nuclear rocket from Warheads - Reactors Mod Extension by Semaphor.
• Add additional recipe to upgrade conventional robots to nuclear robots.
• Change out explosion graphics to something more pretty.
• Spawn radiation cloud after robots are destroyed.
• Have daisy-chain effect where should a robot be destroyed, nearby robots caught in the blast radius will also be destroyed.
• Research chain to reduce size of explosion and radiation.
• Research chain Armor for robots.
Last edited by Malryn on Thu May 04, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Nuclear Robots

Post by Redstylt »

Good idea :D
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

Malryn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Malryn »

Updated to 0.15

Removed requirements for nuclear-reactors mod.

Made robots require only 1 fuel cell as it seems hard enough to get this item in vanilla :).

I might make it where these things do 50% of the damage and radius as a nuclear missile but I want to hear some feedback before doing this.

Mattyrogue
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mattyrogue »

Malryn wrote: I might make it where these things do 50% of the damage and radius as a nuclear missile but I want to hear some feedback before doing this.
...Nuclear Missile? An Atomic Bomb? Good heavens no. Make it like the Uranium Explosive Tank Shell at most, but even at half an Atomic Bomb's yield would destroy virtually everything in a ~25 tile radius. So much so that it could be grounds for abuse by people literally sending some of these into deconstruct a tree next to a Biter Nest with their Personal Roboports and Deconstruction Planner just for 'budget tactical nukes'.

You could make it act like a Poison Capsule with the explosion radius and damage of an Explosive Rocket when destroyed, though.

exi123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by exi123 »

This Mod is really good. It works well. But i have to admit that the blastradius is really damn high. When building on the front line i mostly blast up my whole defenses multiple times before i got the build finished...

Return to “Mods”