Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.15.x] Necromant

Post by Sacredd »

Necromant
logo.png
logo.png (23.92 KiB) Viewed 10591 times
Description:
Adds enemy drops and exploitation of their corpses.

Details:
  • Factorio Version: 0.15.x
  • Released: 2016.11.17
  • Dependencies: None
  • License: CC
Download and mod site: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Sacredd/necromant

Please visit the mod site for long description and changelog.
Last edited by Sacredd on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 14 times in total.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Necromant

Post by ZombieMooose »

Awesome idea, but I'm curious about compatibility. Modded bitters, or is that a planned feature?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

This version is designed for vanilla.
Tried it with bobs, it seemd to work.
Enemies are not changed (only loot is added).
So should work with most mods.
And such feature is not planned as far as I know.

EmielRegis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EmielRegis »

Could you provide more detailed description and some screenshots?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Did you use DyTech as basis for this? I remember it had a similar thing and I quite liked it.

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

EmielRegis wrote:Could you provide more detailed description and some screenshots?
hoho wrote:Did you use DyTech as basis for this? I remember it had a similar thing and I quite liked it.
Thank you for your interest guys.
I edited the LONG DESCRIPTION, you should find the answers there.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

I have a suggestion. Biter spawners drop stuff and you can have an alternate way to create alien artefacts.

I love the concept of this mod btw.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

diongham wrote:I have a suggestion. Biter spawners drop stuff and you can have an alternate way to create alien artefacts.

Glad to to hear you like it.

There is Bobs Enemies mod, which provides small artefats from killed enemies (with 100 one artefact can be made).
I could make the same, but would not like to.

And about spawner stuff, give some examples, what could it drop?

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Sacredd wrote:
diongham wrote:I have a suggestion. Biter spawners drop stuff and you can have an alternate way to create alien artefacts.

Glad to to hear you like it.

There is Bobs Enemies mod, which provides small artefats from killed enemies (with 100 one artefact can be made).
I could make the same, but would not like to.

And about spawner stuff, give some examples, what could it drop?
Perhaps biter materials used to create alien walls. Also a suggestion for 0.15 you could use alien DNA used to make science packs for the walls and "pheromone grenades" that temporarily pacify aliens, turning them peaceful for a while, or a grenade that causes them to attack each other. Perhaps a spitter gun that doesn't run out of ammo?

Idk just some things I've thought of. Cheers.

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

First of all I would upgrade current mod for 0.15.
Here we need to decide what to do with alien dna, which was used for alien science packs.
Any suggestion?

In next step we could add spawner stuff.
Here I am always looking on bobs mods and bio farm, which I consider as "must have"/"standard" for factorio.
Bobs has walls, but we could add other. They should have to be usefull for something - not just better than from bobs, but make both be cool stuff in the game.

Currently I am playing RimWorld. I was planning to come back to factorio with 0.15, but I didn't yet...

The last mod version took me around 5 days to implent.
I think I will continue maintaining this mod, but can not tell when I will find time for it...

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Updated for 0.15.x.

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Added fireball, took me almoust whole day.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Very interesting!

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

How do you like the fireball guys?

I have added walls according to suggestion fo diongham.
I decided to make worm drops, which will lead to worm walls...

At the moment I think with spawners it will not be that easy, but I keep it in mind and maybe add some more content later.

If you like give me some feedback what is good and what is bad (and how it could be improved).
Post it here or on mod site: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Sacredd/ ... sion/12888

Thank you ;)

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

I'll test the fireballs over the weekend, but I think alien DNA should only be used in high tech science.

Edit: I would make certain parts be a chance to harvest, similar to the way u235 is but not as extreme.

A couple of reasons for this. It implies you shoot their good parts in combat and it also can imply that the process to get the items isn't very efficient or exact.

Anyway just stove suggestions. Cheers

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Necromant

Post by British_Petroleum »

I'm really enjoying this mod.

My only suggestion is the bright coloured outlines of the corpses on the ground, they're a bit of an eye sore. I think they'd look a lot better without the bright coloured outline.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Hi, i tried the mod with my existing v0.14 campaign, and it seems to work pretty well, and is quite cool :)

the only problem that i seem to have, is that the 2 recipes for making alien dna, via "alien-dna-from-flesh" and "alien-dna-from-brain", did not seem to unlock. (i think this is because i had already completed the research for Alien Technology - but maybe there is a way to tweak the mod to be able to detect that? ive seem several mods containing something called Migrations data, but am not sure if that it how to do it. Actually, for any new mod, i think it is probably a good idea to add anything new, into the tech tree as a new item, for example like you did with all the Biter processing, not just in terms of fun, but also being able to spot new research icons on the main tech tree page, as awaiting to be unlocked :)

i had the black market mod from binbin installed, and since Alien Dna is now needed in order to be able to convert Alien Artifacts into Alien Science Packs, i was able to sell a few items, and buy some Alien DNA to be able to complete the rest of your new tech.

i think i will need to do something similar to the Alien Analysis (sampler) mod, to force unlock the recipes and tab like here:
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652&start=1820#p292977
but yeah this mod is cool, and am looking forward to what will now also be a slightly harder rest of game, as i will need alien dna to complete the rest of the Spacex mod research, and some of the other research that needs alien packs :)

btw it also seems to work fine with all these mods so far :)
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=40288&start=20#p290313
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

We're on 0.15 now.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

thats cool, as soon as i finish a current v0.14 coop with a friend, well be able to move over to v0.15 and try out the latest and greatest :)
(edit: thanks sacredd for the console info i had missed the reply for a while too)
Last edited by foodfactorio on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Hallo. I think the concept of a magic wand is a bit weird for the game. Perhaps a flame grenade? Maybe even a cluster version of the grenade for higher levels?

Cheers

Return to “Mods”