Topics and discussion about specific mods
theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New Version Released

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.9.6 released.
Changes:
* Fixed crash with [Bottleneck](https://mods.factorio.com/mods/trold/Bottleneck)

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Crafting Combinator

Post by theRustyKnife »

Rouks wrote:Apparently there's a (nice) bug: when you select "Regular chest" for 'More excess items to" and "Mode excess modules to", I receive MORE items that I've put into the machine ^^
I'm getting infinite gems that way, actually ;-)
I'm aware of this, but have no idea how this came to be. I'm pretty sure it used to work correctly when I was writing the feature.
Anyway, I'll fix it at some point, I just don't have much time now.

Cheers TRK

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New Version Released

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.9.7 released.
Changes:
* Added compatibility for [Quarry](https://mods.factorio.com/mods/FuzzCat927/quarry)

hayzer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hayzer »

This mod is at the heart of my game awesome mod.but I try to go in and change the version but can't I'm at a stand still. Please update this mod 19 k downloads a popular mod thanks

blindblake
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by blindblake »

Hello, any chance you can get this compatible with 0.16? I really like the mod and a big part of my factory relies on it. Thanks for all your hard work on it!

:)

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

blindblake wrote:Hello, any chance you can get this compatible with 0.16? I really like the mod and a big part of my factory relies on it. Thanks for all your hard work on it!

:)
Yes, the real question is, when that is going to be :|. I'm hoping to make an update sometime in the next week, but no promises.

Cheers TRK

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: New Version Released

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.9.8 released.
Changes:
* Added compatibility for base game version 0.16

Thanks to ersatzhero for making this patch.

randomly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by randomly »

Hi, would it be possible to include compatiblity of sorts for Recycling Machines?
So when the combinator has a signal for - let's say - a processor, it will set the recycling machine's recipe to the processor recycling recipe.

That would make a one-machine-recycling plant possible.

Can you do that?

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

randomly wrote:Hi, would it be possible to include compatiblity of sorts for Recycling Machines?
So when the combinator has a signal for - let's say - a processor, it will set the recycling machine's recipe to the processor recycling recipe.

That would make a one-machine-recycling plant possible.

Can you do that?
So what you'd want is recycling machines to accept regular item signals instead of the virtual recipe signals?

If that's the case, it's probably not very well possible with the current system - it just treats everything the same no matter what the machine actually is and changing the behavior based on the type of the machine will be difficult.
I had a plan to support some custom signal mappings which could let you say, for example, "if there is a wood signal, set the wooden chest recipe". This might solve your problem, but with the amount of time I (don't) have lately, it will a take long time before it's ready to be used.

Cheers TRK

randomly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by randomly »

theRustyKnife wrote: So what you'd want is recycling machines to accept regular item signals instead of the virtual recipe signals?

If that's the case, it's probably not very well possible with the current system - it just treats everything the same no matter what the machine actually is and changing the behavior based on the type of the machine will be difficult.
I had a plan to support some custom signal mappings which could let you say, for example, "if there is a wood signal, set the wooden chest recipe". This might solve your problem, but with the amount of time I (don't) have lately, it will a take long time before it's ready to be used.

Cheers TRK
Yeah what I want would basically be another crafting combinator ("recycling combinator" or something) that takes an item as an input signal and if it is next to a recycling machine, it will set that machine to the recycling recipe for that specific item.
Would probably a lot of work, especially since the recycling machines are not a mod by you...

Anyways, I used many comparing combinators now to determine which item is in a chest and output the appropriate recycling recipe to the recipe combinator (in "find recipe" mode) which then sends that recipe to the crafting combinator.
Works for now, but of course will require as many combinators as there are recyclable (does that word even exist?) items.

But after all, it's just a minor request, thanks for the huge mod though!

keadius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by keadius »

Is there a reason that the placed combinators look same as constant combinators ? i am pretty sure I remember they were at 1 time green and blue (like icons in crafting menu) which was great. i thought it was probably conflict with 1 of my other many mods but out of curiosity i disabled all but this mod and no luck, anyway thanks for great mod.

McDuff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by McDuff »

Quick question, how is the "clear inserter hands" logic working? I've noticed that even with it turned on I can definitely get inserters to jam. However, I am using two stack inserters per machine - is it designed to work with one inserter?

[EDIT] -- I can get it to jam with one inserter too. Should I be wiring the inserters up or setting them to read hand contents or something?

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

keadius wrote:Is there a reason that the placed combinators look same as constant combinators ? i am pretty sure I remember they were at 1 time green and blue (like icons in crafting menu) which was great. i thought it was probably conflict with 1 of my other many mods but out of curiosity i disabled all but this mod and no luck, anyway thanks for great mod.
They were color coded in the 0.15 version, but since the 0.16 version is pretty much just a quick and dirty patch by ersatzhero, it is still broken from the changes in graphics... Unfortunately, I still haven't had enough free time to get around to fixing this (along with many other things on my todo list).
McDuff wrote:Quick question, how is the "clear inserter hands" logic working? I've noticed that even with it turned on I can definitely get inserters to jam. However, I am using two stack inserters per machine - is it designed to work with one inserter?

[EDIT] -- I can get it to jam with one inserter too. Should I be wiring the inserters up or setting them to read hand contents or something?
This is something I put significant effort into fixing, but with minimal results. The emptying works correctly, but they try to pick up the same item again, even if it's no longer required by the machine. I tried a lot of different ways to trick the inserters to stop doing that, but didn't find anything that would work. That was a long while ago tho, so I may try to experiment some more when I get a chance.

Cheers TRK

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New Version Released

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.9.9 released.
Changes:
* Fixed occasional jamming of inserters with stack size > 1 (by [Marek-Arnold](https://github.com/theRustyKnife/Crafti ... or/pull/40))
* Fixed module requests not working correctly because of API changes ([5add7924a5e370000943332a](https://mods.factorio.com/mod/crafting_ ... 000943332a))

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New Version Released

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.9.10 released.
Changes:
* Fixed a typo that could cause crashes in some cases ([41](https://github.com/theRustyKnife/Crafti ... /issues/41))

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New Version Released

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.9.11 released.
Changes:
* Possibly fixed a crash caused by combinators with no assembler ([5b657d8c949d790009898aae](https://mods.factorio.com/mod/crafting_ ... 0009898aae))

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New Version Released

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.9.12 released.
Changes:
* Added compatibility for recipes from [Whistle Stop Factories](https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WhistleStopFactories)

cbtendo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Crafting Combinator

Post by cbtendo »

I have a question, could this work with "reverse recipe"? the recipe that reverses fluid input & output. I tried to send recipe input to the crafting combinator but there's only normal recipe.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

I have known for a while that this is an awesome mod, but it wasn't until 0.17 that I realized this is downright critical to how I play Factorio. Most mods I can do without if I have to, but I keep getting stuck on no crafting combinators :cry:

What are the plans for a 0.17 release? I know you mentioned all kinds of nice improvements, but right now just getting the 0.16 version in 0.17 would be awesome by itself.
cbtendo wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:17 am
I have a question, could this work with "reverse recipe"? the recipe that reverses fluid input & output. I tried to send recipe input to the crafting combinator but there's only normal recipe.
The mod assumes the name of the recipe and the signal are the same. This means signal itemA will provide the recipe itemA and have no awareness of itemA_reversed. I would love to figure out a way to fix this, but it's not trivial to do so.

You could use inverted chemical plants/refineries, in which case the standard recipe would do as you request (I think).

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

cbtendo wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:17 am
I think the mod should generate a signal for reveresed recipes. What may happen tho, is that the recipes are added after the signals are generated, so the mod misses them. I'll have a look at this for the 0.17 version, so it should work there.

Return to “Mods”