[MOD 0.14.x] UPS-up

Topics and discussion about specific mods
zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] UPS-up

Post by zakman »

Also would like to know how to remove it. The first post says instructions are located in the README.txt file, which I assume should be included in the zipfile...but I don't see one in there at all.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] UPS-up

Post by daniel34 »

zakman wrote:Also would like to know how to remove it. The first post says instructions are located in the README.txt file, which I assume should be included in the zipfile...but I don't see one in there at all.
0.1.7 had the readme included, no idea if it is still valid in newer versions. Backup your save game beforehand for good measure.
README.txt (from 0.1.7) wrote:After using UPS-up, you must uninstall it for the related save before removing it. The reason for that is that most entities will remain in an inactive state forever. There are 3 ways to unistall UPS-up:

Option 1:
1. Open your save and klick the UPS-up button.
2. Klick the uninstall button and wait for it to finisch
3. Save your map fast! Entities currently work way to fast and consume a lot of power.
4. Remove the Mod

Option 2:
1. Remove the Mod
2. Open your save
3. Open the console and enter:
/c local t={"mining-drill", "assembling-machine", "furnace", "radar"} for k, surface in pairs(game.surfaces) do for k, n in pairs(t) do for k, e in pairs(surface.find_entities_filtered({type=n})) do e.active=true end end end

Option 3:
1. Open the config.lua in the UPS-up mod folder and set "UPS_CONFIG.UNINSTALL" to true, than save
2. Restart Factorio and open your save
3. Wait until uninstalling is finisched an save your map again
4. Remove the Mod
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Mods”