Topics and discussion about specific mods
Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.3.6

Post by Reinard-kun »

Type: Mod
Name: Better Storage Tanks
Description: Factorio mod that allows picking up storage tanks without dumping their contents.
License: MIT
Version: 0.3.6
Release: 2016-09-18
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.14.14
Category: Item
Tags: Tanker, Liquid, Storage Tank
Download-Url: Mod portal
Source-Url: GitHub repository
Long description
current issues
Version history
ToDo
Attachments
better-storage-tanks_0.3.6.zip
(16.3 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Last edited by Reinard-kun on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:33 am, edited 19 times in total.
Rational thinking is awesome, except if you're dealing with women.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.2.2

Post by credomane »

Just so you know vanilla Factorio doesn't actually "lose" the tank contents. If the pipes/tanks attached to the one you are picking up are not full then factorio will move the contents of the tank you are picking up into them. Anything over their filling point is lost though. In this fashion you can quickly "move" liquids around your base.

Not saying your mod doesn't have uses but that there might be a really easy way to duplicate fluids with it.

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Reinard-kun »

credomane wrote:Just so you know vanilla Factorio doesn't actually "lose" the tank contents. If the pipes/tanks attached to the one you are picking up are not full then factorio will move the contents of the tank you are picking up into them.
I actually didn't know that liquid gets moved. I usually don't use more than one storage tank.
credomane wrote:there might be a really easy way to duplicate fluids with it.
I guess the easy way to fix it is to clear entity.fluidbox before mining the tank. However, easy is not always correct, I'll test it and see if it works.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

I normally have more than one light and heavy until I get the ability to crack them. Then I reduce tanks as I can. It was during one of my playthroughs that I noticed this behavior.

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.2.3

Post by Reinard-kun »

Turns out that the easy way IS the correct way to fix the problem. Now there should be no way to dupe more that 0.99 units of any liquid. Welp, only a few more problems to fix and the mod should be fine to use...

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.3.3

Post by Philip017 »

error deconstructing track with robots - with this mod installed, error message in screen shot attached
Attachments
bst.jpg
bst.jpg (456.04 KiB) Viewed 7968 times

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.3.3

Post by Reinard-kun »

Philip017 wrote:error deconstructing track with robots - with this mod installed, error message in screen shot attached
Which OS, game version, mods and mods versions are you using? Can you try to list steps that will help reproduce the error?
EDIT: Found it, hotfix on it's way.

The_Mak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.3.4

Post by The_Mak »

Bug Report

Factorio 0.14.9
Better Storage Tanks 0.3.4
TimeTools 1.0.26

TimeTools has a gui element that looks like a yellow dot and if you click it it is suppose to make it daylight. With Better Storage Tanks, when you click that button the following error pops up:

Code: Select all

Error while running event on_gui_click (ID 1) __better-storage-tanks__/control.lua:166: attempt to index field 'opened' (a nil value)
This can happen if you start a fresh game with the two mods and just click on the daylight button.

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.3.4

Post by Reinard-kun »

The_Mak wrote:Bug Report

Factorio 0.14.9
Better Storage Tanks 0.3.4
TimeTools 1.0.26

TimeTools has a gui element that looks like a yellow dot and if you click it it is suppose to make it daylight. With Better Storage Tanks, when you click that button the following error pops up:

Error while running event on_gui_click (ID 1) __better-storage-tanks__/control.lua:166: attempt to index field 'opened' (a nil value)
This can happen if you start a fresh game with the two mods and just click on the daylight button.
Should be fixed now. This issue might have been occuring with other mods that add gui buttons, so please download the latest patch.

Severant
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.3.5

Post by Severant »

Picked up a tank with wires attached to it, probably unrelated.
Lots of other mods on this server

81182.679 Error MainLoop.cpp:766: Exception at tick 7790896: Error while running event on_player_mined_item (ID 8)
LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid.
stack traceback:
        __better-storage-tanks__/lib.lua:108: in function 'addItem'
        __better-storage-tanks__/control.lua:29: in function <__better-storage-tanks__/control.lua:20>
81182.679 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:93: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event on_player_mined_item (ID 8)
LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid.
stack traceback:
        __better-storage-tanks__/lib.lua:108: in function 'addItem'
        __better-storage-tanks__/control.lua:29: in function <__better-storage-tanks__/control.lua:20>"
81182.679 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:649: mapTick(7790896) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

also experiencing error again picking up sulfuric acid tank.
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (29.5 KiB) Viewed 7710 times

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Reinard-kun »

Heya people, sorry for being afk for like two weeks.
OK so both of these errors are most likely caused by an item stack error. Maybe you have mods that add extra inv types or something like that. I'm not sure if I can fix it without remaking the mod completely. If this error happens frequently I may just take down the mod or recommend not using it with certain mods, because I can't really fix it atm.

What happens is:
- mod sees that you tried to mine a storage tank
- mod tries to find a slot in the inventory, while removing an extra storage tank
in first case it
- finds a slot
- tries to add a storage tank with liquid, but fails
in second case
- mod fails because there is something wrong with the inventory / inventory slots

The code is as easy as it can get, so maybe in one of the latest updates something was changed with all the different inventory parameters.

EDIT 1: Wow. Just WOW. In one of the patches, key .has_filters() was changed to .supports_filters() I have no words. The definition of clarity change itself.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.3.6

Post by Philip017 »

thankyou for addressing this concern and for the fix, thanks!

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Better Storage Tanks 0.3.6

Post by Reinard-kun »

Philip017 wrote:thankyou for addressing this concern and for the fix, thanks!
It's all in the bug reports. This error actually breaks the mod, and I wouldn't have found it myself, because for the last 2.5 weeks I was playing nothing but Dark Souls 1, so thank YOU. If you find anything else please post here asap.

As for Severant's issue, sadly, I couldn't reproduce the bug, so I don't know how to fix the problem. If the mod is installed on the server, you can run the same pack in single, and then run just BST in multi and try to replicate the error in both cases.

Return to “Mods”