[MOD 0.14.2] Electric vehicles

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.2] Electric vehicles

Post by Bizobinator »

Would it be possible to add more tiers of electric trains? I'm playing with both this mod & Bob's mods, & he adds in a few higher tiers of trains which outclass the electric trains.

I'd love to use a tier 3 electric train!

tomcat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tomcat »

Any Chance of getting a small inventory on the electric trains so that personal roboports can be used on trains?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

tomcat wrote:Any Chance of getting a small inventory on the electric trains so that personal roboports can be used on trains?
Use vehicle grid instead and put the roboport in wagons.
Personal roboports behavior is very unsatisfying with trains howerver.
They can only access the inventory of the entity they are placed in. Requiring roboport and bots in every wagon holding construction material and also enough free space to hold all deconstructed items.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Optera wrote:
tomcat wrote:Any Chance of getting a small inventory on the electric trains so that personal roboports can be used on trains?
Use vehicle grid instead and put the roboport in wagons.
Personal roboports behavior is very unsatisfying with trains howerver.
They can only access the inventory of the entity they are placed in. Requiring roboport and bots in every wagon holding construction material and also enough free space to hold all deconstructed items.
It would be nice if roboports in trains used the train entity instead of the wagon/loco entity. Someone should Idea this!

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

Hi!
For some reason the electric tank won't charge after i place it. I've installed the electric vehicles and the wireless charging mods and their libs, but the High power induction station won't charge the tank. It looks like the station can't receive energy from the electric pole, but i tried to put a fusion reactor to the tank's equipment grid, but neither it can charge the vehicle. I've tried all the electric vehicles, but no one is working. What's the problem?
Here you can download my test map and the mods i use: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArvLKxtjzZnrldko8vIQ_1-pErbn0Q

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

I tried to find out what's the problem, and it seems the vehicles can't use the power what is stored in their equipment grid's batteries, but also they can't be charged by the power induction station.
Here are some screenshots
1. The tank can't use the stored power
2. The tank can't be charged by induction station
Do you have any ideas what could i do to use these vehicles?

sackboy338
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sackboy338 »

This mod is great, no issues for me so far.

However there are a few things I really feel it needs: Custom, vannilla-style textures for electric vehicles would be much appriciated, as well as getting rid of the flashing "out of fuel" icon that flashes even when the vehicle has power. Also, having a different, more electric sound while driving would be great.

Other than that though, it's a good mod

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Are there any plans to add higher tier electric trains?

Please? :)

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

I love this mod, I've got a nice zippy little PAX train (pair of electric locos with 4x exos each) to run me around the base now!

However, the regenerative braking module seems a bit too OP to me - it seems to be near perfect power recovery, which is totally unrealistic! Some of the energy would be lost as heat in the motors accelerating the train and keeping it at speed, and only a small amount of the energy from slowing down would actually be recovered. The "easy" way to approximate this would be a ~20% loss of energy (by consuming extra) when accelerating, and a ~20% loss again (by producing less) when slowing down.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Do you have any plans to update this (and Wireless charging) to 0.15? It needs more than a simple info.json patch, apparently...

sirghaz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sirghaz »

update pls

robertpaulson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by robertpaulson »

justarandomgeek wrote:Do you have any plans to update this (and Wireless charging) to 0.15? It needs more than a simple info.json patch, apparently...
The update is quite simple, I did it some time ago but I think all i did was follow through all the codes the game spit out and it works just fine.

I am currently working with aai programmable vehicles, but I just can 't get it to work, I might just settle for electric trans that need revamping since trains should require ALOT more electricity to haul wagons full of cargo (and that would solve the problem of fusion reactor breaking this mods since it would be too weak to run the train). But If anyone here managed to get this mod to work with AAI I would really appreciate their help, aai implemented some workaround for electric vehicles but it doesn't work properly and i think it collides with this mod.

robertpaulson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by robertpaulson »

justarandomgeek wrote:pair of electric locos with 4x exos each..... the regenerative braking module seems a bit too OP to me - it seems to be near perfect power recovery, which is totally unrealistic!
Running exoskeletons in vehicles bugs you less than close to perfect energy recovery?

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

robertpaulson wrote:
justarandomgeek wrote:pair of electric locos with 4x exos each..... the regenerative braking module seems a bit too OP to me - it seems to be near perfect power recovery, which is totally unrealistic!
Running exoskeletons in vehicles bugs you less than close to perfect energy recovery?
Yes :D

aganierm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aganierm »

Hi, are you still working on this mod?

Return to “Mods”