[0.16] Teleportation

Topics and discussion about specific mods
kordansk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15] Teleportation

Post by kordansk »

Getting a game crash with telelogistics. The chest appears to have lost its link with the teleporter but still sends items - R key doesn't open the link settings, and trying to remove the telelogistics box crashes the game. Disabling telelogistics in mod settings creates the same error.
Attachments
telelogistics.JPG
telelogistics.JPG (162.34 KiB) Viewed 8450 times

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Anyone else lost the map markers in the last factorio update?

If you want to make something better - allow me to jump TO a location from the dialog that opens on a double click. Then I Can couble click on a beacon in the map and then click teleport ;)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

hello author idea Telelogistics chest in other beacon

привет автор у меня идея а нельзя для сундуков телепортационных сделать отдельный сундук, который принимает с теми же обознач

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D
And the question is, how many things can be put in 1 lighthouse to from the telelogic chests? It may be easier to make another 1 chest from point a to point b and a lighthouse, too, as an option.
I made 6 chests that send 1 lighthouse but they do nothing.

и вопрос, сколько вещей можно помещать в 1 маяк к от телелогистических сундуков? может проще сделать еще 1 сундук от точки а в точку б и маяк тоже как вариант. я сделал 6 сундуков которые отправляют 1 маяк но они ничего не делают.
2017-08-15_18-44-04.png
2017-08-15_18-44-04.png (878.9 KiB) Viewed 8381 times

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Airat9000 wrote::D
And the question is, how many things can be put in 1 lighthouse to from the telelogic chests? It may be easier to make another 1 chest from point a to point b and a lighthouse, too, as an option.
I made 6 chests that send 1 lighthouse but they do nothing.

и вопрос, сколько вещей можно помещать в 1 маяк к от телелогистических сундуков? может проще сделать еще 1 сундук от точки а в точку б и маяк тоже как вариант. я сделал 6 сундуков которые отправляют 1 маяк но они ничего не делают.
2017-08-15_18-44-04.png
You shoul press R over the chest (telesender) and then choose a receiving beacon.
Нажми над сундуком телеснабжения R и выбери в открывшемся меню маяк-получатель. Это написано в подсказке к установленному сундуку (когда наводишь на него мышь - справа под картой).
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

TheTom wrote:Anyone else lost the map markers in the last factorio update?

If you want to make something better - allow me to jump TO a location from the dialog that opens on a double click. Then I Can couble click on a beacon in the map and then click teleport ;)
I'm not sure if the mod can know when you D-click over the map marker...
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Sorry, friends, but I didn't play Factorio since July - there's too much work I got. If there are any bugs or crashes - I'll fix it. But I'm not sure I'll be able to develop the mod in the near future...

fredlllll
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fredlllll »

hi, currently using the mod. would you be so kind to put it on github so people can collaborate? i would like to add some features myself, but i dont think that sending a zip for each time i change something makes much sense

//edit: alternatively i can also put the newest release on github

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

update please/

denebarry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by denebarry »

Yes, update please.

Tuk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tuk »

Quick and dirty update for .16.

Works, but no new functionality, 'cause I just fix the broken things. ;)
Attachments
Teleportation_0.16.1.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 122 times

Tuk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tuk »

.16.2 for y'all. 16.1 version had issue with mining and reusing, or simply placing new teleportation pads.

Let this be a lesson to you. Always read the patch notes.
Attachments
Teleportation_0.16.2.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 141 times

fredlllll
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fredlllll »

thanks tuk for the update

i created a github repository from your version and added the current state as a release. so people can collaborate on it in the future https://github.com/fredlllll/Factorio-Teleportation

chlue
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16] Teleportation

Post by chlue »

Hello,

The personal teleporter equipment can be used everywhere in map view if zoomed in. I found this too powerful for 'exploring'. So I added a 'is_chunk_visible' check on the target location. This still allows quite fast travel by repeated small jumps within view distance and does not matter if the target area has radar coverage. Maybe a useful addition?

Code: Select all

--Returns non-colliding position (neighboring to the position targeted with jump targeter) where player can teleport to
function Teleportation_CheckDestinationPosition(position, player)
  if player.force.is_chunk_visible(player.surface, {math.floor(position.x/32), math.floor(position.y/32)}) then
    if player.surface.can_place_entity({name = player.character.name, position = position}) or settings.get_player_settings(player)["Teleportation-straight-jump-ignores-collisions"].value then
      return position
    else
      local position = player.surface.find_non_colliding_position(player.character.name, position, 2, 1)
      if position then
        return position
      end
    end
    player.print({"message-invalid-destination"})
  else 
    player.print({"message-invisible-destination"})
  end
  return false
end
chlue

Strath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Strath »

kordansk wrote:Getting a game crash with telelogistics. The chest appears to have lost its link with the teleporter but still sends items - R key doesn't open the link settings, and trying to remove the telelogistics box crashes the game. Disabling telelogistics in mod settings creates the same error.
Had this one myself with the newest version (0.16.1). Here is a diff of a quick fix:

Code: Select all

diff -rwu source/Teleportation_0.16.1/control-telelogistics.lua mods/Teleportation_0.16.1/control-telelogistics.lua
--- source/Teleportation_0.16.1/control-telelogistics.lua	2017-12-22 09:42:58.167443800 -0600
+++ mods/Teleportation_0.16.1/control-telelogistics.lua	2017-12-31 16:41:36.484874100 -0600
@@ -84,16 +84,17 @@
   local last_index = global.Telelogistics.index_of_last_processed_provider or 0
   local current_index = last_index + 1
   if global.Telelogistics.teleproviders[current_index] then
-    Telelogistics_ProcessProvider(global.Telelogistics.teleproviders[current_index])
+    Telelogistics_ProcessProvider(current_index)
     global.Telelogistics.index_of_last_processed_provider = current_index
   else
     global.Telelogistics.index_of_last_processed_provider = 0
   end
 end

-function Telelogistics_ProcessProvider(provider)
+function Telelogistics_ProcessProvider(index)
+  local provider = global.Telelogistics.teleproviders[index]
   if not Common_IsEntityOk(provider.entity) then
-    table.remove(global.Telelogistics.teleproviders, provider)
+    table.remove(global.Telelogistics.teleproviders, index)
     --game.players[1].print("Processing: provider is not valid")
     return
   end
To apply this yourself:
  • Unzip the mod into your mods folder
  • Move or delete the original zip file out of your mods folder
  • Open mods/Teleportation_0.16.1/control-telelogistics.lua in a text editor.
  • Remove the lines starting with '-' and add the lines starting with '+' (don't include the '+' or '-' in your edits)
  • Save the file and restart Factorio
*EDIT: Changes are the same for version 0.16.2

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Hi guys!
At first: sourcecode. Here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Teleportation - is a link to github. It's strange that you didn't notice it. "Sorce Code" tab.

At second: are there any issues with the mod I should fix? I haven't played Factorio for a long time so I don't even know if the mod is still working. The best way to force me to fix smth is to pm me - then I'll be notified via email. Or you can skype me: fox_kirya - but don't abuse it, please. Email (via pm) is better. =)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback, guys. I appreciate it.

fredlllll
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fredlllll »

now i feel stupid =/ guess i didnt look hard enough. thanks though. maybe i will remember what i wanted to change and make a pullrequest whenever i get to it

HadrionClifton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HadrionClifton »

First of all, this mod is great for getting around my base.

I never had any problems until now:

I have a creative save (with creative mode) for testing purposes and I have some teleport beacons for getting around.
However, when I reloaded the save today, the mod does not seem to recognise already placed beacons anymore.
They are just "there" and can be removed, but the space stays occupied after they are gone.
Placing a new beacon re-adds the teleport icon and the newly placed beacon is in the list, while the others on the map are not.

Some screenshots

This happened after I installed the Explosive Termites mod (for another save), I don't know if its related, there is no error message on migration.

Any idea what might be happening here?

Edit: Added an image
Selecting the space with the creative wand tool reveals that the internal accumulator is still left after removing the beacon. When the bugged one is still there, it has the 'no power' icon which disappears after providing power, however hovering over it reveals nothing.

Normally you would see something like the image above it: a power indicator (from the accu) and its name. So maybe the accu and the entity got disconnected somehow?

devo106
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by devo106 »

Hey, love this mod; it's an integral part of my base. Any plans to update it to .17? Thanks!

Evendur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Evendur »

I also want to use this mod in my .17 Base for Fast Travel, an Update would be nice since i really like the System

Return to “Mods”