Topics and discussion about specific mods
apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.16] Teleportation

Post by apriori »

Author: Apriori

MOD SPOTLIGHT BY XTERMINATOR

Advanced fork of Personal Teleporter. Includes fully rewritten and optimized that mod, and new technologies, devices, graphics, GUIs and possibilities.
Multiplayer-friendly!

Adds different devices and technologies (for mid-game and for late-game) for teleportation.

Mid-game:
• technology "Teleportation": unlock teleportation beacons
• stand on the beacon, choose another beacon - you're teleported

Late-game:
• technology "Advanced Teleportation": unlocks personal equipment for teleportation
• now you can teleport to beacons from any place
• also you can perform straight jumps to any place in sight (you can see - you can jump) using Jump Targeter
• research the brand new technology Telelogistics, that allows you to build Teleproviders - these cheaty guys send their contents to the beacons. NOTE: You cannot operate with beacons by hand - use inserters/loaders to put out the items. Telelogistics part is turned off by default - see the in-game mod settings menu.

Hotkey "Y" - to open beacons list (the same as mod's button in top GUI).
Hotkey "Ctrl + Y" - to jump to the nearest beacon that has enough energy.

Fully configurable, fully localizable.

If you like it, you can thank me.
images
versions history
For maximum details see changelist.txt in mod's folder.
Attachments
Teleportation_0.16.0.zip
Mod itself
(877.42 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Last edited by apriori on Tue May 29, 2018 7:07 am, edited 18 times in total.
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14] Teleportation

Post by Airat9000 »

:D :D item teleportaion please :)

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Airat9000 wrote::D :D item teleportaion please :)
Yes, I know about a bug with Portal.png. I've already fixed it on mods portal, but forgot to upload here. I'll upload fixed version today. If you want to get working mod right now just unzip mod, open file "prototypes/item.lua" and change Value "Portal-32.png" to "portal-32.png" (lower case).
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

apriori wrote:
Airat9000 wrote::D :D item teleportaion please :)
Yes, I know about a bug with Portal.png. I've already fixed it on mods portal, but forgot to upload here. I'll upload fixed version today. If you want to get working mod right now just unzip mod, open file "prototypes/item.lua" and change Value "Portal-32.png" to "portal-32.png" (lower case).
:D
it was possible to move things from distant points to the base just puts a conveyor or drawer to portal.
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3134&p=40007#p40007

а можно сделать аналог этого?
там можно было перемещать вещи с дальних точек до базы просто ставив конвейер к порталу или ящик.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Yes, it's possible. I could try to update that mod for 0.14.

Могу попробовать адаптировать указанный тобой мод к последней версии факторки.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

apriori wrote:Yes, it's possible. I could try to update that mod for 0.14.

Могу попробовать адаптировать указанный тобой мод к последней версии факторки.
wait thanks

ждем) спасибо!

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

I'm getting a 'no loader found for "sprite"' error. I'm using 0.12.35. Does anyone have any idea why?
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

FlyHigh wrote:I'm getting a 'no loader found for "sprite"' error. I'm using 0.12.35. Does anyone have any idea why?
work in only 0.14.0 and up

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

FlyHigh wrote:I'm getting a 'no loader found for "sprite"' error. I'm using 0.12.35. Does anyone have any idea why?
Maybe, because such thing as "sprite" appeared later. I'll try to fix it, but don't promise that I can. I'm not supacoder.

EDIT:
Try to do the next:
• unzip mod;
• open file "prototypes\style.lua" with notepad
• delete rows 109-118
• save file
• start the game

Should work))))

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

FYI,
I got this crash. I think it happened when I tries to teleport using a teleporter that was not charged.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

TheSAguy wrote:FYI,
I got this crash. I think it happened when I tries to teleport using a teleporter that was not charged.
No, it's impossible. If something is not charged, then you just get a message.

Which version of Factorio you are using? It's for 0.14+, or use older version (see changelist).

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe you didn't have armour when tried to use targeter?.. Could you remember what exactly you have been doing, step by step?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

apriori wrote: No, it's impossible. If something is not charged, then you just get a message.
You got me, I had nothing to do so thought I'd make up this bug.... :lol: :lol:
apriori wrote: Which version of Factorio you are using? It's for 0.14+, or use older version (see changelist).
Latest version of Factorio 14.7 or something and of your mod 0.14.6.
apriori wrote: EDIT: Hmmm, maybe you didn't have armour when tried to use targeter?.. Could you remember what exactly you have been doing, step by step?
I just attached a save. I removed all mods, so when you load you don't even have power. It crashes as soon as you try and teleport.
I don't get or ever received any message. It works fine once charged. I don't have any armor...

I could send you the full mod files if needed
Attachments
1.zip
save
(22.13 MiB) Downloaded 172 times

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

TheSAguy wrote:
Fixed, try new version. Thanks for the bug report.

daemonazazel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daemonazazel »

First: Tnx for this great mod. I always appreciate the work that goes into things like this.

One question though: Is it intentional, that the teleportation beacon stops charging when all my steam engines are running at full load but there is still plenty of energy in my accumulators?

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

daemonazazel wrote:First: Tnx for this great mod. I always appreciate the work that goes into things like this.

One question though: Is it intentional, that the teleportation beacon stops charging when all my steam engines are running at full load but there is still plenty of energy in my accumulators?
TP beacon is accumulator too, so it should stop charging if you have not enough active power production. I think I can fix it. Thanks for your feedback!))

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

apriori wrote:
daemonazazel wrote:First: Tnx for this great mod. I always appreciate the work that goes into things like this.

TP beacon is accumulator too, so it should stop charging if you have not enough active power production. I think I can fix it. Thanks for your feedback!))
No, I can't fix it. Accumulators cannot charge accumulators. And non-accumulators cannot be charged. I can fix it programmatically, but the power statistics will not be correct this way, so I have to leave it as is, to my sorrow...

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Now you CAN charge beacon from accus. =) And power statistics is correct. OMG I'm learning)))

daemonazazel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daemonazazel »

Wohoo.. Tnx :-)

vmadman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vmadman »

Hello,

I'd like to use this mod in sandbox mode, which does not have an actual player model. However, each time I try to use it, I get an error.

Have you tried to use this mod in sandbox mode? If not, do you think support could be added?

Thanks,

cyrus47
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cyrus47 »

Hey, is it possible for you to re-look at the Science pack required to unlock? With .15 coming in and using the .15 science revolution you need yellow packs, which is as end game as possible. Shouldn't it be blue then yellow? Also playing with Angel and Bobs, which just makes it even worse :P I had to spawn some in with console hehehehe. Thx

Return to “Mods”