Topics and discussion about specific mods
Betep3akata
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13+] Liftoff_0.1.6 (04.09.16) Aircraft extension

Post by Betep3akata »

Hi, Adil,
thanks for the recent fix!

I experienced an issue (crash) with TombStone mod - there is no place for tombstone after splashing down.

What about some simplification of crash above water? Suggestion: just teleport player with reduced amount of health to the nearest by iteration tile of land. As a survivor of the shipwreck who was brought by waves on the shore.
Attachments
pce.png
pce.png (87.24 KiB) Viewed 6096 times
My mods: Scorched Earth, Will-o-the-wisps
//My nickname is some kind of transliteration from Cyrillic to Latin. Betep3akata stands for WindOfSunset.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

I don't know, seems like gravestone bug to me. That's only tangentially related to the liftoff, after all, you can end up in water and dying even without my mod. The gravestone mod should have had checks for validity of results or just not do collision checks at all.

I don't really insist on dying when landing in water, but the alternative isn't nice as well.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Betep3akata
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Betep3akata »

Ups! Sorry for your time. My mistake :)
//My nickname is some kind of transliteration from Cyrillic to Latin. Betep3akata stands for WindOfSunset.

Betep3akata
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Betep3akata »

Hi, Adil,
it's me again :)

I am just landed my aircraft near water. After that each time I am trying to get out of the aircraft I get an error (this happens also after reload and/or relocation of the aircraft). I managed to get out via the following fix, but I think that something is broken after that:

Code: Select all

170:	local veh= global.pilots[pindex].veh
       if veh.valid then
171:    	global.falling[pindex]={veh.speed,math.sin(veh.orientation*math.pi*2),math.cos(veh.orientation*math.pi*2)}
       end
Could you please revisit this fragment of code?

Thanks,
Alex

EDIT: notice for the line 240 was added. Maybe it's consequences of the previous case. This happens during load, there are no aircrafts near.
Attachments
not5.png
not5.png (38.77 KiB) Viewed 6048 times
Notice3.png
Notice3.png (202 KiB) Viewed 6055 times

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Does this happen after AAI update by any chance?
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...

Betep3akata
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Betep3akata »

Heh, aai is conflicting with everything:) If I correctly understood the question, the AAI has not been updated since the beginning of the game session.

I am trying to reproduce that situation without mods now. Maybe the water-fix mod is guilty...because it happens first at a distance of less than two tiles from shore.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Well, I've added a few random refinements to the code, but I really don't know what's happening there.

Tzadikim_Nistarim
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13+] Liftoff_0.1.10 (12.02.17) Aircraft extension

Post by Tzadikim_Nistarim »

iv noticed that when I add this to bob+angel its messes with the default fuel required for the burner items, instead of saying I have no super compressed coal to fill them when placed down, it says I don't have an item referenced as dummy plane fuel.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Could you elaborate please? Id on't quite follow what is happening.

oliveawesomesauz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by oliveawesomesauz »

I've updated this mod for 0.15 and changed some of the mechanics.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/oliveawe ... ffEnhanced

Carnivale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Carnivale »

Would love to see this one upgraded to 0.16.

Quirky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Quirky »

I've got to ask.. is there anything in particular that needs to be done to get this mod (the updated version) to run? I've added it into an existing game and it doesn't seem to want to do anything as well as a new game.

DarkSlayerEX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkSlayerEX »

I've noticed that AAI Programmable Vehicles is currently splitting the Aircraft planes into multiple different choices. (1 weapon per variant)

In doing so, none of the new entities are registered for this mod. I had tried adding the entries in for each of the new entities manually(in the planes.lua file), but It seems as if the aircraft are being created after the data stage.

These are the IDs for the new entities that AAI PV seems to add.
"jet-napalm-launcher", "gunship-aircraft-rocket-launcher", "flying-fortress-flying-fortress-rocket-launcher"

This issue is in the 0.15.x version. I have not tested the 0.16.x version if they exist, as I am still using 0.15.x

Edit: renaming data.lua to data-final-fixes.lua allows the AAI additions to function. This is a potentially silly/hacky workaround, but it does seem to work successfully for the most part.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Well that is almost as it should be done. Back then when I was doing that, there were no other planes and surely no procedurally generated ones.
It was done in data.lua instead of other steps (-updates , -final fixes) so that if some mod was performing some balance changes and such, my entities were already there.
You see, it is somewhat of a custom that data-final-fixes is used for, well, final fixes - some game-wide offsets and modifications of numbers. If you put entity generation there, the entities might evade those modifications.
It's been a while since I've last done modding, but I think a proper way would be to put an optional dependency on the AAI and put this mod data generation on the same step during which AAI makes its planes.

However, would flying even work with AAI? This mod makes planes fly when they move above certain speed. Last time I remember AAI simply teleported vehicles around instead of accelerating and steering them.

I can not make promises on updating any time soon. Sorry.

PTTG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PTTG »

Understandable. Mods is mods. Still, this is such a cool addition. It's nice to have a reason for building airstrips.

numgun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by numgun »

Any change of updating this to 0.16? I don't use AAI, so I wouldn't mind an intermediate update that works with plain vanilla in the meantime.
  • I feel hollow after finishing a game of Factorio: THREAD LINK

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Any chance to have this for 0.17?

Return to “Mods”