[MOD 0.16] Vehicle Wagon 1.2.5

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Vehicle Wagon 1.1.2

Post by Supercheese »

KNOWFEAR1337 wrote:not been playing for a while now because i was a bit burned out and there were a few mods that just didn't quite mesh properly. and i was wondering if one i didn't think of like this one could help me out with my problem. and that is power; vehicle grid power / charging.

i have a couple different mods that all work perfectly fine but neither of the dev's seem too interested in helping resolve it. i was so happy when i tested that loading and unloading didn't wipe the grid in my car. but it did wipe out the power. i dont know if there's any way you can fix this or change it at all but it would be fantastic. i guess it normally isn't an issue when you have vanilla style fusion reactors but i'm using modular armor and those reactors use fuel and both the wireless charging mods I've found dont charge the vehicles T_T
That's a good point; I've uploaded v1.1.3 in which all equipment should retain its energy when vehicles are loaded/unloaded from Vehicle Wagons!

Elros
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Vehicle Wagon 1.1.3

Post by Elros »

Absolutely love the mod, being able to take a fully loaded tank (or 10) out to a remote outpost by train is fantastic! Can't go back to the game without, however it is now incompatible with the .16 update. Can we get a mod update to restore it please? It really makes expanding and exploring so much better.

Thanks

Edit: the 1.1.3 version is the version I attempted to use with .16.
After fiddling around with the mod some I was able to get the game to load to the main menu and activate the mod however whenever I try and load anything or start a new game I get a message "Notice First argument must be a number, table or string. Stack traceback: square symbolVehicleWagon _Contorl.lua: 309 in main chunk"

As I am not even close to code literate I have no idea what this means.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Vehicle Wagon 1.1.3

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Here is an unofficial update for this mod. I just packaged and uploaded the unofficial fix to make it usable by everyone.

Based on: https://github.com/Suprcheese/Vehicle-Wagon/pull/7
Download: Use official update

Thanks to Suprcheese for providing the mod.
Thanks to legendblade for providing this fix.

License of Vehicle Wagon is MIT (IIRC).
All credits belong to the respective authors.

Please report any bugs with that version here or in the PR.
Last edited by bNarFProfCrazy on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Vehicle Wagon 1.2.0

Post by Supercheese »

Perfect! Merged the fix in and released 1.2.0 official. Many thanks to legendblade for the updates. Merry Christmas!

Also, sexy new in-game changelog:
Attachments
Changelog.png
Changelog.png (222.48 KiB) Viewed 7622 times

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Awesome. Now almost all of my important mods from 0.15 are migrated to 0.16! :D

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Is it just me or the the wagon too short in north/south orientation? Is this a leftover from when trains had the perspective issue?

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Serenity wrote:Is it just me or the the wagon too short in north/south orientation? Is this a leftover from when trains had the perspective issue?
It's been a known issue for quite a while. Nobody has had a chance to redo the sprite dimensions data (if I understand the problem correctly) to make them rotate without distortion.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Vehicle Wagon 1.2.1

Post by Supercheese »

Version 1.2.1 now available. I had some fun with sound effects and the new on_player_used_capsule event.

Full changelog:

Minor Features:
  • Trains now remember their mode (auto/manual) after winching vehicles on/off them. (legendblade)
  • Use higher-resolution icons.
  • New latching/unlatching sounds when using the Winch.
Changes:
  • Switch to new play_sound() function rather than spawning "explosion"-type entities to play sounds.
  • Lengthened the winching-sound, and added a second variant. Vehicles also (un)load a bit more slowly.
  • The "Vehicle selected..." tutorial message will now only appear the first few times you click a vehicle with a Winch. Once you've got the hang of things, no point in repeating it.
  • Changed the Winch to be a capsule-type item. This adds a range visualization circle, among other things, but core functionality is of course unchanged.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Supercheese wrote:
  • Changed the Winch to be a capsule-type item. This adds a range visualization circle, among other things, but core functionality is of course unchanged.
This is clever. I like that it uses melee-type "ammo" so the winch "capsule" isn't consumed. (At least, I assume it's not consumed. I can't launch Factorio at all right now due to bugs.)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

dgw wrote:This is clever. I like that it uses melee-type "ammo" so the winch "capsule" isn't consumed. (At least, I assume it's not consumed. I can't launch Factorio at all right now due to bugs.)
It is still consumed, just auto-replenished by the script. Same end result, at any rate.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

[sarcasm]Thanks for changing icon_size to 128. Was fun to fix auto generating ltn signals.[/sarcasm]
Is there any advantage from having higher res icons? The game will crop them down anyway.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Optera wrote:[sarcasm]Thanks for changing icon_size to 128. Was fun to fix auto generating ltn signals.[/sarcasm]
Is there any advantage from having higher res icons? The game will crop them down anyway.
The main advantage I found was when items are within chests, or recipes set in assemblers, 32x32 icons get fairly pixelated when zoomed in (with alt-view on, of course). Yes, for Vehicle Wagons, this situation is not likely -- although heck, maybe someone sets vehicle wagons as an assembler recipe. I just figured it's nicer to have more pixels available than less.
The roboport icon in particular suffers at high zoom
The roboport icon in particular suffers at high zoom
zoom.png (795.17 KiB) Viewed 7508 times
Another case that I have just now discovered is not what I had thought is for Map Markers. Apparently, a map marker icon will indeed be whatever icon_size you set it at, meaning you can have inconsistent marker sizes. I thought the game would scale them down like in all other cases, so the high-res means it just looks nicer, not that it's actually any larger. Perhaps this is not intended behavior...

In any event, what difficulties were there with signals? Just that you couldn't rely on everything always being 32px? Or is there some deeper problem?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Since LTN 1.7.0 I'm adding an overlay to auto generated encoded position signals of locomotive and wagons, so they are distinct from normal entities on a glance.

Having different icon sizes for overlay and base icon crashed the original code, so I had to resort to crop everything to 32. Vehicle wagon position signals now are mostly blank space since factorio takes the top left 32 pixels when cropping.

Hopefully combining differently sized icons into one icons array is going to be added. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57019

Edit:
If Chests and Assemblers use the item icon you could set the entity icon back to 32, since that's the one I'm grabbing.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Optera wrote:If Chests and Assemblers use the item icon you could set the entity icon back to 32, since that's the one I'm grabbing.
This is probably the best fix for things, I'll make this change for the next version.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Vehicle Wagon 1.2.2

Post by Supercheese »

Version 1.2.2 is now out, fixing some bugs, and also adding in the ability to specify exactly where you'd like to unload vehicles off of wagons. This does introduce an extra click to the unloading process, so be aware!

ashcanpete
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ashcanpete »

dgw wrote:
Serenity wrote:Is it just me or the the wagon too short in north/south orientation? Is this a leftover from when trains had the perspective issue?
It's been a known issue for quite a while. Nobody has had a chance to redo the sprite dimensions data (if I understand the problem correctly) to make them rotate without distortion.
Is there any plan to fix this? Really detracts from this otherwise beautiful mod! Also, If anyone can give me pointers as to where this sprite dimension data is I'd be happy to try to fix it myself if it's not too coding intensive.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Vehicle Wagon 1.2.3

Post by Supercheese »

It's a property of the rastered sprites, a function of how it was originally rendered. There's not much that can be done without access to the original model to do a re-rendering, unfortunately.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Vehicle Wagon 1.2.3

Post by steinio »

Hi,

the VW cargo transporter doesn't get the blanket:
a73c615db2db2c0ae827b54eea1e18101be199d5[1].png
a73c615db2db2c0ae827b54eea1e18101be199d5[1].png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 7158 times
Can i do something to change it, or do you need to add it in your mod?

Cu, steino.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Mods”