Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Veden wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:58 am
orzelek wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:21 pm
And I do recall Rampant working with RSO generated bases but that was long time ago.

I'm pretty sure that the issue might be in the fact that RSO disables normal generation and creates the bases by hand in on chunk (and they are not confined to that chunk).
Was there any chance in getting Rampant and RSO working together on this again?

With enabling Vanilla enemies and disabling RSO's, I'm finding the only way to push enemies back from my starting position is to use the Starting area size slider, but this causes other side affects, like pushing the resources around and (for what ever reason with the combination of mods I'm using) initial map generation takes longer (which is a pita during map hunting).

Unless there's a way for a mod to do enemy cleanup around a configurable starting area that won't affect resources....

Edit: Should've kept experimenting. Found that decreasing the Size slider on the enemies tab to 50% caused the two bases nearest me to disappear. I'll leave this post, though, as it'd still be nice....
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:17 am
Veden wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:58 am
orzelek wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:21 pm
And I do recall Rampant working with RSO generated bases but that was long time ago.

I'm pretty sure that the issue might be in the fact that RSO disables normal generation and creates the bases by hand in on chunk (and they are not confined to that chunk).
Was there any chance in getting Rampant and RSO working together on this again?

With enabling Vanilla enemies and disabling RSO's, I'm finding the only way to push enemies back from my starting position is to use the Starting area size slider, but this causes other side affects, like pushing the resources around and (for what ever reason with the combination of mods I'm using) initial map generation takes longer (which is a pita during map hunting).

Unless there's a way for a mod to do enemy cleanup around a configurable starting area that won't affect resources....

Edit: Should've kept experimenting. Found that decreasing the Size slider on the enemies tab to 50% caused the two bases nearest me to disappear. I'll leave this post, though, as it'd still be nice....
One way I see this could work is if Rampant would have an external interface to register an enemy base.
So RSO could create base as usual and then tell Rampant where is it.

Modifying RSO to behave exactly like vanilla (to create stuff on demand only in one chunk) is not possible easily with how RSO works.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Veden, any chance your recent updates to Rampant fixed the compatibility issues with mods that spawn spawners, like RSO?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:52 pm
Veden, any chance your recent updates to Rampant fixed the compatibility issues with mods that spawn spawners, like RSO?
Not sure what the problem is. Nothing appears wrong to me.

Orzelek, when you are creating entities are you calling the raise_built flag on the create entity? If so, I should be picking those up. Otherwise Rampant processes chunks on a 20 tick delay.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Veden wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:44 am
FuryoftheStars wrote:

Orzelek, when you are creating entities are you calling the raise_built flag on the create entity? If so, I should be picking those up. Otherwise Rampant processes chunks on a 20 tick delay.
I'm not adding this flag specifically so it uses default for it. If adding it would help I can do that.
From what I recall there were issues earlier where Rampant would never find bases created by RSO - I'm not sure what the reason for that might be.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Veden wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:44 am
FuryoftheStars wrote:

It was discussed on the previous page, I believe, but essentially when used in combination with RSO, if RSO’s options to disable vanilla and enable RSO’s biter nest generation are enabled, Rampant doesn’t seem to be picking up on the units spawned by these nests. As a result, attacks are very infrequent to almost non-existant. Disabling RSO and enabling vanilla biter nest generation will then fix this on newly spawned nests.

Stan_The_Man_75
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stan_The_Man_75 »

Been having a crash occur when killing biters, tried in all areas of the game giving a fatal error as such, please give advice or help.

The mod Rampant (2.0.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
__Rampant__/libs/ChunkPropertyUtils.lua:468: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'playerCount' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__Rampant__/libs/ChunkPropertyUtils.lua:468: in function 'addPlayerToChunk'
__Rampant__/libs/MapProcessor.lua:258: in function 'processPlayers'
__Rampant__/control.lua:918: in function <__Rampant__/control.lua:896>

Aspargin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aspargin »

evolution reached: 38%
enemy variations: 1
beginning enemy level: 1
end level: 4
7 hours into game and only larva everywhere! where giant monsters? where challenge?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Aspargin wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:18 pm
evolution reached: 38%
enemy variations: 1
beginning enemy level: 1
end level: 4
7 hours into game and only larva everywhere! where giant monsters? where challenge?
The giant sized ones don’t start appearing until you reach a higher evolution. Enemy levels and evolution are not related in this sense.

Aspargin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aspargin »

end level 4, does it mean i wont see levels greater than 4 on this playthrough?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Aspargin wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:15 pm
end level 4, does it mean i wont see levels greater than 4 on this playthrough?
Yes, but that’s still a different factor from evolution and the size of the biters. The level I think refers to HP scaling of the biters, which vanilla does not do (ie, small biters will have levels 1-4, medium biters will have levels 1-4, etc).

Nestacdo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nestacdo »

Crash -- https://imgur.com/a/rGLSw4b

The version of Rampant - 2.0.3
What is your map evolution - 0.8962
Was Rampant added at the start of a game - Yes
A brief description of what you are experiencing - (below)
A brief description of what you are expecting - (no crash?)
What mods are you using? - https://imgur.com/a/YGUwobE
Savefile -
krieg123.zip
(3.05 MiB) Downloaded 320 times

Happens when I:
- Place landfill
-- on more than 1 chunks simultaneously
-- a large patch in a single chunk
(those are not guaranteed to reproduce, but I couldn't narrow it down further)

- Move at certain tile/chunk
-- Some chunks are "corrupted(?)", so moving in those throws an error 100% of a time.
I've managed to "fix" one chunk by adding some landfill to it, but it's not a stable solution.

upd. -- mod reinstallation apparently fixed that (~30min w/o crash)

pulli23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pulli23 »

I grew a bit tired of the constant attacks and having to repair walls constantly - so I disabled all special ais apart from "peaceful" just to see what was causing the constant attacks that never ended (without any nest in my pollution cloud).

However the attacks keep coming, similarly I enabled nocturnal mode, yet the attacks are still there.

Do the settings not reflect in a running map after you change stuff with rampant?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

pulli23 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:57 pm
I grew a bit tired of the constant attacks and having to repair walls constantly - so I disabled all special ais apart from "peaceful" just to see what was causing the constant attacks that never ended (without any nest in my pollution cloud).

However the attacks keep coming, similarly I enabled nocturnal mode, yet the attacks are still there.

Do the settings not reflect in a running map after you change stuff with rampant?
Without a save, troubleshooting this will be difficult at best.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

I wonder: in the beginning the attacks were nearly too hard, but now not even at laser walls or uran bullets... not even a single defective wall (just using some fire and rest red munition towers).

It seems like after the first big attack from me (finally artillery...) they decided to "ignore me".

They are all level 10 now

Btw is there any advanced way to get the creep "under control"? i dont really see me cleaning the whole map from it Oo Like some weapon or faster way then shovel?

Rykmentti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rykmentti »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Rampant/d ... ab566803bd

For Rampant Bug Report.

Bug Control Save
Bugi Seivi.zip
Control Save for Rampant Bug Report.
(8.86 MiB) Downloaded 129 times
Mods folder for Bug Control Save
mods folder.7z
Mods for the Control Save.
(63.78 MiB) Downloaded 168 times

benwillard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Maybe better?

Post by benwillard »

This mod greatly enhance the AI. But imho you could have the groups going where few of them have died... So it would search for weaknesses... Like recon with small biters... And then attack with big groups where it's found to be less defended. So they would change their points of attack. Now they attack again and again at the same points where they corpses pile up.

garrotte
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by garrotte »

benwillard wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:34 am
This mod greatly enhance the AI. But imho you could have the groups going where few of them have died... So it would search for weaknesses... Like recon with small biters... And then attack with big groups where it's found to be less defended. So they would change their points of attack. Now they attack again and again at the same points where they corpses pile up.
Rampant AI changes attack points or at least direction units group come from to those defense point. Unlike vanilla game where biters always come the same way.
Maybe you mean that there are points AI attacks much more often than others? I noticed this effect, but can't say that it determines the entire defense strategy.
How does AI can detect weak defenses with small group attack? The amount of damage such small group was able to inflict or something else?

doughj1466
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by doughj1466 »

Uploading save per mod topic: "function 'processBaseAIs'". The event occurs less than a minute into the save.

Note that I'm playing a heavily mod'ed verion of krastorio2. I'll upload the mod list file also.

Thank you for your time!
Attachments
mod-list.json
(4.8 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
NEW.zip
(47.56 MiB) Downloaded 98 times

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Attachments