[MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant

Topics and discussion about specific mods
leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.19

Post by leoch »

Pollute more. Pollution is their food :lol:

Proactively clearing out any nests near your pollution is a good way to reduce attacks. The other part is biter expansion; if that's disabled they won't move back towards your base.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

leoch wrote:I've noticed a bunch of invisible entities which just show a cross if trying to build on them (presumably zero-size hit-box). The only way to destroy them is to run them over with a car/tank. I think they are the remains of the spawner eggs? They really should get cleaned up, I imagine there are hundreds in my game now.

Speaking of cleaning up, the spawner biters often don't form squads but just hang around. I wonder if they should have a maximum lifetime or something? I suppose Rampant's "refund" mechanism should eventually clear them up.
I can't reproduce the egg collision issue, do you have any more information you can give me?

I can add something to turn most of the spawned biters into a new squad.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Tampa_Gamer wrote:Wondering if this is normal behavior for the latest versions. I really have had very little interaction except for clearing out a few nests early on. I am 136 days in now and they have hardly expanded or attacked their nests in any meaningful way. Posting screenshot of map and also my settings page in case I screwed up a setting or something. Please help. Any pointers would be appreciated, I really dont want to start a new game/map.
Overview of Map
First Page of Settings
Second Page of Settings

Without seeing your pollution or having your save at your current point, I can't really tell you if the level of pressure you are receiving is appropriate.

In the last version I added some logic for attacking periodically even without pollution coverage.

I'm also planning to add a migration event.

Tampa_Gamer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

To the extent its useful, attached is the save from that standpoint. I primarily wanted to make sure I didn't screw up any of the settings inadvertently and put them on some sort of creative/non-threatening stance.
Attachments
Game06_NewRampant.zip
(8.42 MiB) Downloaded 156 times

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Tampa_Gamer wrote:To the extent its useful, attached is the save from that standpoint. I primarily wanted to make sure I didn't screw up any of the settings inadvertently and put them on some sort of creative/non-threatening stance.
It looks like all the unit spawners in your immediate area are gone.

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.20

Post by Officer Joe Balogna »

Hello! I love this mod, but I keep encountering a problem, which I believe may be caused by this. Every world I make, the biters evolve insanely fast; faster than I can reasonably keep pace with. For instance, I've only played for 5 hours on one world, and the biters are already 25% evolved. I checked the settings, and the evolution factors seem to be how they are in vanilla, so I can't figure out why it's so rapid...

Tampa_Gamer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Veden wrote:It looks like all the unit spawners in your immediate area are gone.
That is bizarre, I only took 1-2 spawners early on. So the biters are not setting up new bases as they migrate now? This game started a few versions back ago and I was worried about seeing all of the entities delete messages when I upgraded to the new versions. Its never been a problem before. Are you saying I need to start a new game?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I must say I'm very impressed with all the new stuff you've been adding!
You'r doing to Fauna what Alien Biomes did to Factorio's Flora :)

Thanks for your hard work!

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Officer Joe Balogna wrote:Hello! I love this mod, but I keep encountering a problem, which I believe may be caused by this. Every world I make, the biters evolve insanely fast; faster than I can reasonably keep pace with. For instance, I've only played for 5 hours on one world, and the biters are already 25% evolved. I checked the settings, and the evolution factors seem to be how they are in vanilla, so I can't figure out why it's so rapid...
Rampant doesn't make any changes to evolution.
When playing without the mod on the same map do you have similar results?
Tampa_Gamer wrote:
Veden wrote:It looks like all the unit spawners in your immediate area are gone.
That is bizarre, I only took 1-2 spawners early on. So the biters are not setting up new bases as they migrate now? This game started a few versions back ago and I was worried about seeing all of the entities delete messages when I upgraded to the new versions. Its never been a problem before. Are you saying I need to start a new game?
You can explore out further and the world will generate more but it will take some time for them to come back.

The issue with the deleted entities came from when I added settings to configure the default tiers and variations and they lower than an older version, so unless you configured the settings to what they were before the upgrade then you lost entities.
I try to limit the number of save breaking issues with each version, sometimes I don't do very well at that.

you may want to start a new game, but the biters are out there and will spread back given time
TheSAguy wrote:I must say I'm very impressed with all the new stuff you've been adding!
You'r doing to Fauna what Alien Biomes did to Factorio's Flora :)

Thanks for your hard work!

Thank you, glad you like what you are seeing

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

Hi, I have another suggestion. The artillery is supposed to deal one shot kill damage to biter spawners so if you buff their hit points (with the new enemies feature) there should be an option to buff artillery.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

wvlad wrote:Hi, I have another suggestion. The artillery is supposed to deal one shot kill damage to biter spawners so if you buff their hit points (with the new enemies feature) there should be an option to buff artillery.
I have tried to avoid making changes to the players arsenal as many mods already provide upgrades and there is alot that could be added aside from an artillery buff.

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.21

Post by wvlad »

Then make it as an option so one don't have to use artillery mods and have the same artillery effect of destroying one enemy building per shot. If one wants to use a mod he can just disable that option.

Currently I use

Code: Select all

for _,v in pairs(data.raw["artillery-projectile"]["artillery-projectile"].action.action_delivery.target_effects[1].action.action_delivery.target_effects) do
    v.damage.amount = v.damage.amount * MULTIPLIER
end

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.22

Post by Baughn »

Hi,

We're two weeks into a game combining Rampant, Nauvis Day and Endgame Combat, and by now the biters seem to have maxed out. We're still in early-midgame -- no logistics system, just player delivery and construction bots -- but evolution is sitting around 95-97% and all I ever see are the highest-tier enemies.

However, although we haven't researched very far into the combat tech tree, the walls are already largely invincible. A single line of flamethrowers, concussion turrets and lasers means they never even take any damage, let alone need replacement or defence in depth -- even with waves of nuclear biters. That's fine for now, but it makes me worry about the future.

What are my options here?

I noticed there's a difficulty setting, default to 4 (of 10) for the max. Increasing that setting just scales up the existing biters, though, and I expect that's expected? Our evolution is nearly maxed.

Is there any way I can change the evolution scale, e.g. to turn the current evolution into "50%" while also doubling the maximum biter level? Keeping the current biters the same, in other words, but adding extra depth to the threat? We're playing with expansion on, so removing all existing biters and letting them regrow is a valid option.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Baughn wrote:Hi,

We're two weeks into a game combining Rampant, Nauvis Day and Endgame Combat, and by now the biters seem to have maxed out. We're still in early-midgame -- no logistics system, just player delivery and construction bots -- but evolution is sitting around 95-97% and all I ever see are the highest-tier enemies.

However, although we haven't researched very far into the combat tech tree, the walls are already largely invincible. A single line of flamethrowers, concussion turrets and lasers means they never even take any damage, let alone need replacement or defence in depth -- even with waves of nuclear biters. That's fine for now, but it makes me worry about the future.

What are my options here?

I noticed there's a difficulty setting, default to 4 (of 10) for the max. Increasing that setting just scales up the existing biters, though, and I expect that's expected? Our evolution is nearly maxed.

Is there any way I can change the evolution scale, e.g. to turn the current evolution into "50%" while also doubling the maximum biter level? Keeping the current biters the same, in other words, but adding extra depth to the threat? We're playing with expansion on, so removing all existing biters and letting them regrow is a valid option.
Increasing the enemy level will scale everything up about the units, unit spawners, and worms stats.

an easy way if you don't care about achievements or using the console is to run

/c game.forces.enemy.evolution_factor = 0.5

to set the evolution back to 50%.

Otherwise I'm not sure how the mechanism would work as a setting.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Baughn wrote:Is there any way I can change the evolution scale, e.g. to turn the current evolution into "50%" while also doubling the maximum biter level? Keeping the current biters the same, in other words, but adding extra depth to the threat? We're playing with expansion on, so removing all existing biters and letting them regrow is a valid option.
Baughn, unless one of the other mods changed the way evolution works, I believe this only controls what types of biters will spawn and their spawn chance. ie, decreasing the current evolution % will simply make it so the largest biters don't spawn / decreased frequency and everything will favor the mid to maybe large sized guys. It does not control their hitpoints (I believe this gets hard set in the data/prototype stage (ie, during Factorio start / load) and cannot be modified dynamically during game run).

At least, this is my current understanding of how the game works.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamsta99 »

Hi, i noticed Bob enemies still using stupid laser-homing projectiles. Noticed on bob-big-explosive-worm-turret, maybe you can do something with this :|

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

Hi, I noticed that Nuclear biters use projectile "atomic-bomb-wave" which has in-built 400 damage not controlled by biter tiers. I suggest you to make instead your own copy of that projectile without in-built damage.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Kamsta99 wrote:Hi, i noticed Bob enemies still using stupid laser-homing projectiles. Noticed on bob-big-explosive-worm-turret, maybe you can do something with this :|
Thanks for the report, this should be fixed in the latest.
wvlad wrote:Hi, I noticed that Nuclear biters use projectile "atomic-bomb-wave" which has in-built 400 damage not controlled by biter tiers. I suggest you to make instead your own copy of that projectile without in-built damage.
Thanks this should be fixed in the latest

numgun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.23

Post by numgun »

Posted this suggestion in the mod portal:

I'd like to see an alternative victory condition that overrides the default "launch satellite to space" objective, so that winning requires the destruction of all enemies on the map.

Player: "I'm not stuck here with you, you're stuck in here with me!" :twisted:
  • I feel hollow after finishing a game of Factorio: THREAD LINK

Ivankon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.23

Post by Ivankon »

Expansion does not work ... (Rampant + Bob's + Factorio 16.28)

Return to “Mods”