[MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.23

Post by Veden »

Ivankon wrote:Expansion does not work ... (Rampant + Bob's + Factorio 16.28)
What are your mod, map settings, rampant version?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

numgun wrote:Posted this suggestion in the mod portal:

I'd like to see an alternative victory condition that overrides the default "launch satellite to space" objective, so that winning requires the destruction of all enemies on the map.

Player: "I'm not stuck here with you, you're stuck in here with me!" :twisted:
I can put this on the todo list but I can't promise anything.

Ivankon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ivankon »

Veden wrote:
The version of Rampant is the latest on March 8th. Unfortunately, I had to roll back on Factorio 15.xx, because Only in 15.xx expansion with the Rampant works. The rampant settings are basic. Vanilla expansion is set to the maximum (the shortest time of recharging the colonists).

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Ivankon wrote:
Veden wrote:
The version of Rampant is the latest on March 8th. Unfortunately, I had to roll back on Factorio 15.xx, because Only in 15.xx expansion with the Rampant works. The rampant settings are basic. Vanilla expansion is set to the maximum (the shortest time of recharging the colonists).
Do you have a save? Also there are settings to re-enable the vanilla ai in the mod settings, no need to rollback 15.

Ivankon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ivankon »

Veden wrote:
Ivankon wrote:
Veden wrote:
Do you have a save? Also there are settings to re-enable the vanilla ai in the mod settings, no need to rollback 15.
Attachments
_autosave1.zip
(6.46 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
2h 30min game
2h 30min game
2.30.PNG (168.93 KiB) Viewed 7799 times
Start game
Start game
start.PNG (168.33 KiB) Viewed 7799 times
setgame.PNG
setgame.PNG (514.68 KiB) Viewed 7799 times
ver.PNG
ver.PNG (142.1 KiB) Viewed 7799 times
rver.PNG
rver.PNG (406.09 KiB) Viewed 7799 times

Ivankon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ivankon »

Factorio 15.xx + Rampant. Start game (settings are the same):
Attachments
start15.PNG
start15.PNG (230.71 KiB) Viewed 7797 times

trofur2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by trofur2 »

helo))
I like this mod
i like everything, exept inferno spitters . They OP. One shot - one kill (for still target on "world: ending enemy level 8+")
I like play on ending enemy level 10. everything ok until inferno spitters will come...
please make option to "mod options"
to turn them off)))
thanks

Dutchman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dutchman »

Hi Veden,

First off, thanks so much for the fantastic mod you have developed. My partner and I have had a lot of fun with it over the vanilla AI. I had some questions I hoped you would be able to help with:

If the 'World: Enable new enemies' setting is OFF, should your new spawner formations still be present? As in, should they be clustered tightly like vanilla Factorio, or dispersed like your pictures here? viewtopic.php?p=285217#p285217

What is the current functionality of the 'Attack Wave: Nocturnal Mode' setting? I noted it says vanilla attacks groups are not disabled yet as a result, so this this mean nocturnal mode generates 'standard' attacks during the day, and extra rampant attacks at night only?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Best,
Dutch

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

trofur2 wrote:helo))
I like this mod
i like everything, exept inferno spitters . They OP. One shot - one kill (for still target on "world: ending enemy level 8+")
I like play on ending enemy level 10. everything ok until inferno spitters will come...
please make option to "mod options"
to turn them off)))
thanks
I can look into some nerfs or possibly a configuration option.
Dutchman wrote:Hi Veden,

First off, thanks so much for the fantastic mod you have developed. My partner and I have had a lot of fun with it over the vanilla AI. I had some questions I hoped you would be able to help with:

If the 'World: Enable new enemies' setting is OFF, should your new spawner formations still be present? As in, should they be clustered tightly like vanilla Factorio, or dispersed like your pictures here? viewtopic.php?p=285217#p285217

What is the current functionality of the 'Attack Wave: Nocturnal Mode' setting? I noted it says vanilla attacks groups are not disabled yet as a result, so this this mean nocturnal mode generates 'standard' attacks during the day, and extra rampant attacks at night only?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Best,
Dutch
Glad you like it.

The pictures where from an attempt at the AI that didn't make it into the current version. The only thing that Rampant touches about enemy structures is when the new enemies are enabled and then it adds factions and deadzones (areas that the biters are removed from but can migrate back to).

You are correct, but if you have the vanilla ai disabled setting then you wont receive the extra vanilla attack waves. I would recommend something like the clockwork mod for longer day night cycles.

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

Really nice mod. Just wondering if it's possible to allow biters evolve infinitely. I feel biters are now toooo weak in may late bob+angel save :D

There's a mod Enhanced_Biters https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Enhanced_Biters that tries to infinitely enhance biter powers like this:

Code: Select all

game.forces.enemy.set_ammo_damage_modifier("melee", 0.5 + (2 * scale + game.tick) / (2 * scale) )
And another idea, non-stop attacking for biters. I've tried turning every option to highest in vanilla & rampant settings and generate several nest just around my base, but most lovely biters will just stand there after spawned, and only biters nearest to my base will be attracted (and die, of course). Maybe I miss some settings? Anyway non-stop attack waves must be so fun.

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

I've searched around Factorio API but seems like there's no way to modify the attribute of entity in game. A trival solution might be... generate as much tier of bugs as user want through config?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

jessefjxm wrote:I've searched around Factorio API but seems like there's no way to modify the attribute of entity in game. A trival solution might be... generate as much tier of bugs as user want through config?
Modifying attributes aside from the research modifiers shown in your last post, isn't possible as far as I know.

I can look at adding something with the scaling research.
jessefjxm wrote:I've searched around Factorio API but seems like there's no way to modify the attribute of entity in game. A trival solution might be... generate as much tier of bugs as user want through config?
Have you looked at the new enemies added by Rampant?

Doradan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Doradan »

Hi,

I looked to the Thread but I couldn´t find the topic, or maybe I just didnt understand the Questions, but here´s my Question:

If I add the Rampant Mod to an already existing Gamesave, what di I have to do to get all your features working? (e.g. new factions of biters, new Ai Behaviour etc...)

Is it even possible or do I have to start a new Game? Playing with Bobsmods + Angels (including Bobs Enemies)

Thank you!

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Doradan wrote:Hi,

I looked to the Thread but I couldn´t find the topic, or maybe I just didnt understand the Questions, but here´s my Question:

If I add the Rampant Mod to an already existing Gamesave, what di I have to do to get all your features working? (e.g. new factions of biters, new Ai Behaviour etc...)

Is it even possible or do I have to start a new Game? Playing with Bobsmods + Angels (including Bobs Enemies)

Thank you!
You will want to enable new enemies in the mod settings otherwise everything else is on by defaults.
You may want to tailor the difficulty scaling, unit level on startup, and deadzone frequency under map for making biter free spaces.

Adding to an existing save shouldn't be an issue, if you are worried about a save make a backup.

bobs + angels should be fine.

numgun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by numgun »

I noticed the "new enemies" option requires an increase of RAM from 2GB to 8GB.
I only have 6GB of RAM, but I tried to turn on it anyway just to test it and it totally froze my computer while trying to load the mod on start up.

I'm just confused and want to know, what makes it take so much memory?
  • I feel hollow after finishing a game of Factorio: THREAD LINK

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

numgun wrote:I noticed the "new enemies" option requires an increase of RAM from 2GB to 8GB.
I only have 6GB of RAM, but I tried to turn on it anyway just to test it and it totally froze my computer while trying to load the mod on start up.

How many tiers and variations did you set?

The reason is that factorio doesn't support variable attributes on the units other than a percent increase/decrease of weapon types which amounts to damage.

So to get around that, I pre-generate the enemies using a seed value. Each unit, unit nest, worm, weapon, and weapon effects all require memory space.

With lower tiers and variations you can tailor the cost to your system.

numgun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by numgun »

Veden wrote:
numgun wrote:I noticed the "new enemies" option requires an increase of RAM from 2GB to 8GB.

The reason is that factorio doesn't support variable attributes on the units other than a percent increase/decrease of weapon types which amounts to damage.

So to get around that, I pre-generate the enemies using a seed value. Each unit, unit nest, worm, weapon, and weapon effects all require memory space.

All of the tiers and variations. I maxed it all out, thinking I'd get the biggest, richest megaplaythrough that would have all of the content. I wasn't aware of the performance impact that they had, thinking it was more of a preference of how harshly I want the enemies to grow in power throughout the playthrough.

My computer actually just a moment ago recovered from a full-on Bluescreen Crash while playing factorio with Rampant on. Screen went black, had wierd visual artifacts and the sound was stuck on loop. Scary experience, felt like my pc died for a moment.

Following my previous failure of trying to load the game with "New Enemies" option on (which I resolved with ctrl+alt+del->kill process), I then loaded the game up with New Enemies option off and started a new playthrough, but after a few hours of gameplay, I got the dreaded BSOD all of a sudden. I guess the tiers and variations, which were set to max, caused it.

I think it'll stick to plain bobsenemies for now. I don't want my computer to blow up from unsafe scripts.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

numgun wrote:
Veden wrote:

All of the tiers and variations. I maxed it all out, thinking I'd get the biggest, richest megaplaythrough that would have all of the content. I wasn't aware of the performance impact that they had, thinking it was more of a preference of how harshly I want the enemies to grow in power throughout the playthrough.

My computer actually just a moment ago recovered from a full-on Bluescreen Crash while playing factorio with Rampant on. Screen went black, had wierd visual artifacts and the sound was stuck on loop. Scary experience, felt like my pc died for a moment.

Following my previous failure of trying to load the game with "New Enemies" option on (which I resolved with ctrl+alt+del->kill process), I then loaded the game up with New Enemies option off and started a new playthrough, but after a few hours of gameplay, I got the dreaded BSOD all of a sudden. I guess the tiers and variations, which were set to max, caused it.

I think it'll stick to plain bobsenemies for now. I don't want my computer to blow up from unsafe scripts.
Set the mod settings to 5 for tiers and 5 enemy variations.
You should have more than enough RAM and the experience will be what you are looking for.

The description of the mod setting of new enemies mentions what is expected in terms of memory requirements.

I'm glad to read that your computer is still running.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

you also could be maxing out your graphics card memory with using hi res textures and such

numgun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by numgun »

Urgh, now this is really frustrating. Turns out things are even worse ever since I decided to test maxing out tiers and variations that first time I mentioned.

While I'm still able to use the computer and browse the internet and watch videos, any programs that use the GPU are now broken and will BSOD after a short time of running.

First the screen flashes black, then some glitchy artifacts start appearing and unless I kill the application right then and there, the entire computer will get a fatal blue screen error, causing an instant restart. Now I can't play any games at all and I've been trying to fix the issue for hours now, trying to reset my GPU, reinstalling drivers and whatever else I could do to fix it.

Up until now everything worked normally, now its all fucked.

And no, no HD gfx was used, my factorio graphics settings were already set to medium long before this was an issue and I had successfully played three entire playthroughs from start to finish with a large number of mods. Your mod actually managed to mess something up in my computer.

Return to “Mods”