[MOD 0.13] Beyond 0.2.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Simdezimon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.13] Beyond 0.2.0

Post by Simdezimon »

Beyond

Description: Fusion power, asteroid mining, maglevs, railguns, lithium-ion batteries, farms, bioplastic, fertilizer, more chemicals, realistic rocket propellants and more.
Latest Release: v0.1.0, August 20, 2016
Factorio Version: 0.13
License: MIT License
Download: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Simdezimon/Beyond

What's in the mod.

Requires Nucular to run.
Version History
Im still working on the mod, so any kind of feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by Simdezimon on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Beyond 0.1.0

Post by Bizobinator »

Would it be possible to make things toggle-able or in separate mods? I'd like to use some parts of this mod, but not others. I really want to use Fusion & the MagLev trains!

MidnightsFX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MidnightsFX »

Any kind of tips on how to get the farms working? I have a fairly empty GUI. (I have researched farming 1 and 2, this is a new game). I am also assuming they need water?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (36.67 KiB) Viewed 12478 times

Simdezimon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Simdezimon »

Bizobinator wrote:Would it be possible to make things toggle-able or in separate mods? I'd like to use some parts of this mod, but not others. I really want to use Fusion & the MagLev trains!
I will split the mod. But first I want to see which parts popular to make a sensible cut.
MidnightsFX wrote:Any kind of tips on how to get the farms working? I have a fairly empty GUI. (I have researched farming 1 and 2, this is a new game). I am also assuming they need water?
I had forgotten to add the recipes to the techs. You can enable them in the console. Will be added in the next version.
/c game.player.force.recipes["basic-farm"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["advanced-farm"].enabled = true

Aubog007
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Aubog007 »

The suggestion to split probably comes from potential incompatibility with other mods that do somewhat similar functions.

Like bob's.

MidnightsFX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Beyond 0.1.1

Post by MidnightsFX »

I'm liking the mod so far. Thanks for updating and fixing the farms :)

So far - using farming to supplement my oil supply, I am liking that. Question though, if I was only using 'Beyond' how would I supplement my Sulfuric Acid supply? As far as I can see I would still need a large enough oil production plan to provide the ever useful petroleum gases required to make that.

Also another potential bug? it looks like silicons name is not displaying properly.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.95 KiB) Viewed 12351 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I wanted to add support for this mod to RSO but would have small request first - can you change resource named "i" into something more meaningfull?

Hints as to planned rarity/size of resources added by mod would be helpful.

Simdezimon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Simdezimon »

orzelek wrote:I wanted to add support for this mod to RSO but would have small request first - can you change resource named "i" into something more meaningfull?

Hints as to planned rarity/size of resources added by mod would be helpful.
I will change it to "silicon-ore" in the next version (I hope today).

Silicon should not be in the starting area, has about the same rarity/size as coal.
Lithium brine is also not in the starting area, about the same rarity as oil. Same number of wells as oil, but the yield/richness should be halved.

Like that

Code: Select all

config["silicon-ore"] = {
    type="resource-ore",

allotment=60,
    spawns_per_region={min=1, max=1},
    richness=12000,
    size={min=20, max=30},
    min_amount = 350
  }

config["lithium-brine"] = {
    type="resource-liquid",

minimum_amount=10000,
    allotment=70,
    spawns_per_region={min=1, max=2},
    richness={min=5000, max=15000}, -- richness per resource spawn
    size={min=2, max=5}
  }
And if you are currently working on it, can you reduce the starting area size of Uranium Ore to 1/10th, e.g. "starting={richness=2000, size=10, probability=1}", for my other mod Nucular. That would be awesome.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'll look at it closer to end of the week.
I need to check with Nucular since uranium seems to be very rare with it and I'm not sure if it should be that hard to find.

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

Has potential, but IMO it's not in a very usable state right now. Many of the new items have no name and I've encountered various minor bugs/incompatibilities, etc.

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Beyond 0.1.2

Post by Smoovious »

Found a conflict between your mod, and Factorio Directed by Michael Bay...

I'm getting the following error:
Error while loading entity prototype "fusion-reactor"
(assembling machine): Prototype "fusion-reactor" registered twice
Modifications: Beyond > Factorio Directed by Michael Bay

Using your most recent mod (and Factorio Directed...'s) compatible with Factorio 0.13.19

-- Smoov

Simdezimon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Beyond 0.2.0

Post by Simdezimon »

I have released a new version. It changes the processing unit recipe a bit and also adds a new advanced processing unit. I have also buffed tier 3 modules, but they require more technologies and resources now.

Also this update works finally with factorio version 0.14.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

Seeing how great and well balanced Nucular is, I'm looking forward to this -- especially since you seem to put emphasis on "balance" (which Bob's Mods doesn't really).
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

appex213
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by appex213 »

Will this work with Bob's mods? I have a save with 80+ hours and i'm running out of stuff to do.

AxoRex97
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AxoRex97 »

Very interesting concept! I look forward to actually launching rockets for a purpose. I have one request: please allow the maglev trains to use rocket fuel :)
Edit: It seems regular trains can't use it either...is it intended or an oversight? :?

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

A lot of it sounds very good! I'm already using Nucular in every game so I'm looking forward to Fusion Power. I noticed some overlapping with Bob's Mods(Titanium, Lithium, Silicon) and Bio Industries (Farming, Wood Pulp). I would prefer it if these parts of your mod would be in a separate package to increase the compatibility with Bob's Mods and Bio Industries. Thanks!

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Northgate wrote:A lot of it sounds very good! I'm already using Nucular in every game so I'm looking forward to Fusion Power. I noticed some overlapping with Bob's Mods(Titanium, Lithium, Silicon) and Bio Industries (Farming, Wood Pulp). I would prefer it if these parts of your mod would be in a separate package to increase the compatibility with Bob's Mods and Bio Industries. Thanks!

I second that request! Can we get the fusion power in a separate package please? :D

Nascent
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nascent »

Having serious difficulty with some of the recipe changes -- seems to be no silicon ore on the map (started new game with Beyond), in fact there's none whatsoever. Please provide a fix for this or list out any other mods Beyond requires in order to work properly.

Quelthias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Quelthias »

Nascent wrote:Having serious difficulty with some of the recipe changes -- seems to be no silicon ore on the map (started new game with Beyond), in fact there's none whatsoever. Please provide a fix for this or list out any other mods Beyond requires in order to work properly.
I found silicon ore which works with some of Bobs recipes but not others.
(can make glass but not silicon plate)

armedwithpuns
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by armedwithpuns »

loving the mod so far, but just one query, mag levs use magnetic levtation, hence their name, so irl, they use electricity, but in the mod they need to be resupplied with a fuel (coal, wood, etc) can the maglev train be made to use electricity? or at least add in another maglev that runs on electricity?

Return to “Mods”