[0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.5.2) updated 2016-12-16

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Metabie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.5.1) updated 2016-11-29

Post by Metabie »

Nexela wrote:
Metabie wrote: Also noticed another potential minor problem, not sure if express pumps from flowcontroll have been nerfed or something. But I seem to need a lot of express pumps (10 for water input) on all my reactors to make the pressure high enough.
Shinybob has a config option to nerf express pumps if bob's pumps are present. Bob's mk3 pump would be the replacement.
Heh I figured Shinybob was just graphical. The nerf does make sense, thanks for the information.
Searge wrote: Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear you like the pack so far. I'll look into the problems you point out and see if a patch is necessary for it in the next update. And as Nexela said, for the pumps there might be an alternative to what you are trying right now. If you want to send me the save file, one option is to upload it (for example to dropbox) and send me the link via email to factoriomodpack@ocean-labs.de
Thanks for the quick reply, send you an email with the save file.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Shinybob is 75% awesome graphics, 20% better categorization of recipe/items and 5% new/fixed items.
One of the other small shiny bob changes is the small lamp using the earlier circuit board. The change to express pump came about because 2.5x speed for just steel ingredients pretty much made bobs pumps 2-4 not worth it.

As for Salt

Angel removes salt (for some wierd reason breaking stuff with other mods). The only thing salt is used for in bobs was salt-water-hydrolysis which is a recipe that can now be made in a hydro plant using saline water.
It looks like cmhmod? Adds in a way to get ores using salt. but since salt no longer exists........

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

I can reproduce Metabie's problem with the ore chunks in a leaching plant and will look into it and try to fix it.

And Nexela is right, salt should not exists anymore, but apparently one of the mods re-adds it, so I'll remove the related recipes in the next update.

I guess it's time to work towards a 2.5.2 release, fortunately it's almost weekend and I should find some time to work on the pack tomorrow.

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

It seems that the leaching plant recipes require the vanilla type of sulfuric acid instead of the modded liquid-sulfuric-acid type. You can use the converter valve from the petro chemical refining tab until I find time to unify the type in the recipes.

ShadowTheAge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ShadowTheAge »

I have also found that cordite require heavy oil
2.PNG
2.PNG (215.64 KiB) Viewed 8862 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Z-group also messes with some recipes, entities and adds/removes recipes.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Z-group also messes with some recipes, entities and adds/removes recipes.
[Z] Group Change really should mention that it alters recipes and which recipes on the mods page, preventing issues like this: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35605
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

Arch666Angel wrote:Z-group also messes with some recipes, entities and adds/removes recipes.
ZGroupChange does that by default, but I didn't like the changes, so I disabled them in the config file. The majority of changes to recipes in this pack are coming from the marathon mod and some of the balancing tweaks I created for it.

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.5.2) updated 2016-12-16

Post by Searge »

I've just released version 2.5.2 of the mod pack with some fixes for potential crashes and some multiplayer issues. Some recipes required items that were unobtainable and have been fixed now. In this update, no recipes that require liquids to be converted with converter pipes have been changed, I'm still unsure if I want to change the recipes or leave them as-is and just point out that the liquids need to be converted before use.

stealth95l
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by stealth95l »

Searge wrote:I've just released version 2.5.2 of the mod pack with some fixes for potential crashes and some multiplayer issues. Some recipes required items that were unobtainable and have been fixed now. In this update, no recipes that require liquids to be converted with converter pipes have been changed, I'm still unsure if I want to change the recipes or leave them as-is and just point out that the liquids need to be converted before use.
Been having alot of fun with this pack just have had one little issue so far, I think the death chest is broken? When I die the server end crashes and I have to restart the server side in order for it to work again, the error I'm getting is

856.074 Error MainLoop.cpp:788: Exception at tick 13391611: Error while running event on_player_died (ID 41)
__DeathChest__/control.lua:54: attempt to index field 'player' (a nil value)
856.077 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:93: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event on_player_died (ID 41)
__DeathChest__/control.lua:54: attempt to index field 'player' (a nil value)"
856.079 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:658: mapTick(13391611) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

Found one bug with Angels I believe as well, the floatation cells doesn't show what type of water they need on the input side and it also doesn't show what it outputs as well. I ended up looking it up to use them, and possibly one more? Can't figure out or find the recipe for Calcium Sulfate? to make Sulfur Dioxide? Thanks! Great mods and great fun! Thanks to all the developers on this, breaths more life into factorio :D

BloodSoul
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BloodSoul »

How to get salt? It need for chloride gas

Furuchi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Furuchi »

Hi, i have a question. What is the mod that give me an armor, robots, etc each time i join the world? Or its a mod for another pack?...
Thanks for making this great mod pack

Xalomonos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xalomonos »

Guys we need help.
We are Playing this Modpack since 2 Weeks.
We are at aprox. 40% of the Game. But all Game Servers cant handle this Modpack, CPU is always at 90%++
Can you give us Tipps how we can play this Modpack stable?
-Rootserver?
-Local Host?
-Gameservers?

We have Money for that but we dont know what System can handle this CPU.
Maybe here are some Guys who finished this Modpack and can say what they did for a stable Gameplay.

Thank you for your answer. :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Xalomonos wrote:Guys we need help.
We are Playing this Modpack since 2 Weeks.
We are at aprox. 40% of the Game. But all Game Servers cant handle this Modpack, CPU is always at 90%++
Can you give us Tipps how we can play this Modpack stable?
-Rootserver?
-Local Host?
-Gameservers?

We have Money for that but we dont know what System can handle this CPU.
Maybe here are some Guys who finished this Modpack and can say what they did for a stable Gameplay.

Thank you for your answer. :)
Wouldn't it be easier to host the game on more powerful desktop directly?
I think Factorio should be quite good with NAT traversal now so might be able to connect without issues with no additional configuration.
There is also a risk that modpack has some mods that use up lots of CPU - you can check that under F5 debug menu.

Xalomonos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xalomonos »

I think the Mods are not the Problem.
We have 10k of Entity Updates on the Server. We dont know how we can change that.

Urz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Urz »

Really enjoying the modpack on my solo hardcore run and completely agree that the hardcore mode is fine for singleplayer. Couple of opinions however;

BeltSorter. This mod is really great, but by the time it is unlocked you will have had filter inserters for multiple hours. I would probably make it unlock together with Fast inserters and filter Inserters. The recipe is already balanced for that tech level.

Green Science packs. I find 128 iron pr. pack to be a bit to much. Green science packs comes at a weird time before you get the tech to really expand your production, but with the cost being so high you need to really expand your production to get a decent output of green science. For my next play-through i changed it to be 4 inserters and 8 belts, which is a bit more where i think it would fit.

The techtree. I would probably merge some of the techs in the midgame to make fewer, but more expensive techs. Its far to easy to lose overview of the different techpaths you can take. This isn't one i consider fairly important, but more of a small QOL improvement.

Burner Generators. The cost of these in stone is so ridicules that i would never recommend using them, at any point in the game. Not the earlygame, not the lategame. A full setup of steam engines (10 engines, 14 boilers, Not counting water pumps) cost 1940 iron plates and 840 stone and produces 5MW roughly. 50 Burner Generators cost 2100 iron plates and 3000 stone and produce 5MW. 1 Steam engine and 2 boilers cost 200 iron and 120 stone and produce 500KW. 5 Burner Generators cost 210 iron and 300 stone. This leaves the situation of building a single one early to get some quick power for some normal inserters, but you can easily just use burner inserters until you can get 1 steamengine and 2 boilers. And all this is before even taking into consideration the 10% efficiency loss.

Bio Farm. Far to weak compared to Bob's greenhouse. Bob's greenhouse in general is just better designed. They are harder to automate, requiring more thinking the first time you use it and produce a reasonable amount of wood in a reasonable time. I tried both and Bio Farm was just plain boring having to deal with. In my next play-through i will try Algae farming.

I think that was about it. Again these are minor comments in the grand scheme of things, and i really do believe you have hit well with the balance of Hardcore. It really helped me ejoy the game as much as i did the first time i played factorio.

Edit: I should probably also add that i added long reach mod from the get go. I have played with it to much to not have it from the start.

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

Glad to hear that you enjoy the pack. And thank you very much for the feedback, you have mentioned some very valid points. If I find time to update the pack, I'll definitely take some of it into account.

My main goal was to slow down the players progress a little bit compared to the vanilla experience without making it too annoying or purely a matter of grinding resources. It seems I got the balance close to that apart from very few things that are still a little bit off. It's also important to have some things in the game that feel like a real achievement when you get them instead of "just" being part of the natural process of playing for a certain amount of time.

Most of the research and tech tree is the original experience of the mods in the pack and I intend to keep it that way. The main reason, to be honest, is that it's a lot of work to modify the tech tree in a good way and I simply can't afford to put that much effort into it right now. Apart from that I just assume that most authors of these mods also appreciate if I don't change their original design too much :)

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Searge wrote:Most of the research and tech tree is the original experience of the mods in the pack and I intend to keep it that way. The main reason, to be honest, is that it's a lot of work to modify the tech tree in a good way and I simply can't afford to put that much effort into it right now. Apart from that I just assume that most authors of these mods also appreciate if I don't change their original design too much :)
Changing can make it feel significantly more cohesive though. :-)

A few noticing as I go on that I did not see mentioned above:

- Straight/T/Elbow pipes are unlocked/enabled from the start, even though the Logistics research unlocks/enables them.

- A few of the chosen mods have a lot of expensive ontick work that grows as the mods are used (some are fairly stable even with increased usage however), might be best to trim them out as they are pretty loading down the server

- Have you thought of giving a use to healing items in the game? I often play with an (updated) Stamina mod, where hand-crafting/mining uses up health, it has been quite popular on my server over the past year as the few healing items actually get automated.

- Why are there *3* mods that are increasing inventory space by research, fairly largely, while we start with an already fairly huge inventory space? Is BigBags really necessary since it adds multiple very large increases for inventory size in research when the others already add up to a similar amount?

Maybe more as I progress, but seems well rounded and even hardcore is quite easy, fun. :-)

EDIT: Well, squeak-through feels so very cheaty... ^.^

Also, the WaterWell mod when Bob's Mods already has a similar thing?

Arg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arg »

Hi, loving the mod so far, great work, having a problem with Nitroglycerin research tho, we have all the prerequisites but it won't unlock, read about other mod packs having a bug with this too, know I can use the console to sort it but that disables achievements was wondering if anyone knows the clash?

tyaigan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tyaigan »

I really love this mod pack ! Thanks for putting it together.

Howewer, after 80h+ into it, we can't play it anymore, there is some serious lag issue.

When cutting down tree (It seems to trigger attacks)we get crazy slowing down. Like if the game was running at 0.2speed.

When we save, restart the game, it goes back to normal (but slow as well)

2 playes locally, hoster on local monster computer. (i7 4790k & co..)

I'm so sad, we can't finish the game

Do you know if that's been fixed or what mods we can remove to help that ?

Thanks a lot

Return to “Mods”