[MOD 0.13] Black Market (sell and buy on the market)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Black Market (sell and buy on the market)

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

py mods in many cases the sum of the cost of the input is >>> then the sum of the exports not to mention power used

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

also is there a mechanism hat sets a minimum price for an item and a maximum price?

JohnRoads
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JohnRoads »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 pm
binbinhfr wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:44 pm
:-)

if you want to learn more about prices construction, you can read the description tab in the first post of this thread.
some settings are available in the config.lua file if you want to tweak all this.
can the price drop for a item lower then the sum of its components?
I know it is a late response, but it can. I noticed fluids (oil) are weirdly priced.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

JohnRoads wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:12 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 pm
binbinhfr wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:44 pm
:-)

if you want to learn more about prices construction, you can read the description tab in the first post of this thread.
some settings are available in the config.lua file if you want to tweak all this.
can the price drop for a item lower then the sum of its components?
I know it is a late response, but it can. I noticed fluids (oil) are weirdly priced.
in py mods some items are cheeper then their components and the only thing that is worth buying is stuff that is slow to make
also why not implement a minimum price per item say pice cant drop below 50% ore rise over 150% ?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Sorry guys, I do not play or program anymore. Prices are automatically and iteratively calculated using the existing available recipes tree. But some mods have strange or multiple recipes to construct the same item, so some prices can be weird. In this case, you can hard-define some prices in the config.lua file. Note : the price of an item should never be lower than the price of its components. Any error is due to these strange/multiple recipes.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:39 pm
foodfactorio wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:10 am
ok thanks binbin for your support and making the mod with at least the versions of the games, we all get busy times no problem :)

for pymods, it should be ok, i used it to get a pymod robot (via my ealier link i think) and there wasnt any hard block as far as i remember
weird i cant get it to work at all
hi, i think i had several other mods running, but had to click them a few times (or minimise them/move them if they allowed to left or top) and then i had enough room to use this mod to just about scroll through the items list for pymods. (some of the evogui and other speedup mods let you configure the gui and how many buttons appear on the top of left of the screen.)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

noob_hoarder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by noob_hoarder »

Hello y'all... I've seen this mod in action and thought i would try it myself, but can't seem to find the way to kick-start things... Because after i start a game i have 0 uCoins, and the buy/sell chests seem to cost about 10k each. Would you happen to know what i'm doing wrong? :)

Sullipau
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sullipau »

Go to the forum "Maps and Scenarios". Look for the Black market challenge. Using that will give you (at start) 1 selling and 1 buying box.

Hope this helps

noob_hoarder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by noob_hoarder »

Oh... The mod cannot be played standalone, it's just for the challenge?! That should've been made clear in the mod description IMO. :-\

Thanks Sullipau for clearing this up. :)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

noob_hoarder wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:21 pm
Oh... The mod cannot be played standalone, it's just for the challenge?! That should've been made clear in the mod description IMO. :-\

Thanks Sullipau for clearing this up. :)
??? of course not. I made this mod to be played standalone, or in a party. The challenge is just an idea on top of the mod.

But you have to build the first trading chests using a few basic materials that you have to collect. That's the usual way Factorio works...

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

Just a note on the description from mod portal:
For details, complete screenshots, discussion, suggestions, questions or bug reports, please use the dedicated thread on the forum (link above), because there is no email notifications on this portal for the moment.
Actually there is now a full support for email notifications on new comments and topics etc, has been for quite many months.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

alas, I do not receive any mail notification when there is a new post on one of my mods on the portal. I did not find any settings to enable this.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

binbinhfr wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:39 am
alas, I do not receive any mail notification when there is a new post on one of my mods on the portal. I did not find any settings to enable this.
There's a "Notifications" link under "Logout" at top right.

noob_hoarder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by noob_hoarder »

binbinhfr wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:51 pm
??? of course not. I made this mod to be played standalone, or in a party. The challenge is just an idea on top of the mod.

But you have to build the first trading chests using a few basic materials that you have to collect. That's the usual way Factorio works...
Ah, there's a tech that allows me to build one without having the 10k uCoins i thought i needed? Now i get it. So the "no ores, therefore no tech research until after using the market" was part of the challenge and not of the mod... Okay then, new research path incoming. :idea:

PS i think you need to enable the emails first, at the bottom of that Notifications page.

SuicideJunkie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SuicideJunkie »

I've been having fun with this lately.

I don't see a way to do it at the moment, but a nifty feature would be to have an option or object which can read the current prices out as a circuit signal.
That would allow an automatic cutoff of production if prices get too low to turn a profit, and an automatic buy when a good deal comes along.

totobest
Inserter
Inserter

Post by totobest »

binbinhfr wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:58 pm
Sorry guys, I do not play or program anymore. Prices are automatically and iteratively calculated using the existing available recipes tree. But some mods have strange or multiple recipes to construct the same item, so some prices can be weird. In this case, you can hard-define some prices in the config.lua file. Note : the price of an item should never be lower than the price of its components. Any error is due to these strange/multiple recipes.
I would like to take over your work. I have slightly modified the mod so it can interface with another mod I am working on now.
Reading this in the LICENSE file:

> - in case this mod seems abandonned and not maintained anymore, and if I do not respond on the
Factorio forum mod's thread, you can then choose to maintain this mod, modify it and distribute
it under a separate release, giving clear credits to the original author.

Let me know if you would like to discuss. If not, I will create a separate release with credits to you.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

totobest wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:22 pm
I would like to take over your work. I have slightly modified the mod so it can interface with another mod I am working on now.
Let me know if you would like to discuss. If not, I will create a separate release with credits to you.
Yes, it's ok for me that you take over the work under a separate release, with correct credits ;-)

usafphoenix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by usafphoenix »

selling large amounts of u-coin results in uCoin becoming valued at 0u. whereas mod description /documentation lists it as always being 1u.
(3rd-party mod edit to add recipe to sell item for ucoin) dunno if that's important

totobest
Inserter
Inserter

Post by totobest »

usafphoenix wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:17 am
selling large amounts of u-coin results in uCoin becoming valued at 0u. whereas mod description /documentation lists it as always being 1u.
(3rd-party mod edit to add recipe to sell item for ucoin) dunno if that's important
Thank for the report. Yes, that's a bug. Fixed prices are not really fixed over time.
I will be addressed in the next release.

totobest
Inserter
Inserter

Post by totobest »

usafphoenix wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:17 am
Fixed in 1.1.2 !

Return to “Mods”