[MOD 0.15] More Floors 1.2.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] More Floors 1.0.6

Post by PeteTheLich »

So you would want it to be on the same level? Because it looks like the arrow grate tile is below the colored concrete tile layer
That's an easy fix

I recently removed the edges on the arrow grates since they didn't look right with the new hazard concrete edges

It's hard for me to reply on mobile but I'll be home in around 6 hours

The next update was going to have a lot more edge tiles for many tiles
You can see one in the alien metal tile

hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hyspeed »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!

No hurry - I have a large base to re-floor. Yes, I would like smooth edges. I will try the alien metal tile.

I saw the arrow gate with the hazard edges - it didn't look great either, I agree.

I am looking forward to trying out what you come up with.

jon

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

Yeah I can do that I was thinking about revamping the arrow tile

I'll probably include a 2x2 version (meaning if there's 4 similar same direction tiles it'll use the larger version)

I enjoy working on the mod and like to get feedback from the users that like the mod. If you have suggestions feel free to tell me or tone

I will probably have a big update on Monday or Tuesday since they're my days off

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

hyspeed wrote:Hi,

jon

What do you think of this?

if the tile is 2x2 it will use the large arrow grate but it's a little finicky... ill have to test it in a world

edit:

placing them can be a little funky but itll work

hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hyspeed »

Hi!

that is fantastic!

The arrows look great - I use 2x2, so it fits perfectly.

How does it align with your colored concrete along the edge? Is it smooth / distinct?

thanks,
jon

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

hyspeed wrote:Hi!

that is fantastic!

The arrows look great - I use 2x2, so it fits perfectly.

How does it align with your colored concrete along the edge? Is it smooth / distinct?

thanks,
jon
you can only get the 2x2 by placing it by hand though since robots only carry 1 tile at a time

it's sitting on top of my white concrete haha

hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hyspeed »

Hi,

Are the two new arrow floors supposed to have walking speeds of 170% & 165% or should they be 175% & 180%?
They are more expensive in terms of iron.

thanks,
jon

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

hyspeed wrote:Hi,

Are the two new arrow floors supposed to have walking speeds of 170% & 165% or should they be 175% & 180%?
They are more expensive in terms of iron.

thanks,
jon
I thought they were they were supposed to be "bobs mods" versions of arrow grates

but they arent the right speed i fixed for when the next release comes out but in the mean time it's an easy fix changing:

walking_speed_modifier = 1.75

in the arrow grate prototypes (or any of the floors)

tux_mark_5
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] More Floors 1.2.3

Post by tux_mark_5 »

I'd love to see a port of this to 0.16

hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hyspeed »

Thanks!

I am considering it, but until the compressed belts decision is changed, I won't be working on it. Without the inserters fully compressing the belts, I would have to do a lot of re-work and would lose what efficiency there is in the layouts.

jon

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

hyspeed wrote:Thanks!

I am considering it, but until the compressed belts decision is changed, I won't be working on it. Without the inserters fully compressing the belts, I would have to do a lot of re-work and would lose what efficiency there is in the layouts.

jon
Tone hasnt been online in steam for a while I'll see if i can get ahold of him to update the mod portal

edit broke my link
Last edited by PeteTheLich on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

A little confused. More Floors is about floor tiling and walking-speed, but I see concern about belt compression, etc.

Is there any possible way to get the More Floors mod 0.16'd to get those great fast-walking tiles back?
Regards,
Bordo

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

abordoli wrote:A little confused. More Floors is about floor tiling and walking-speed, but I see concern about belt compression, etc.

Is there any possible way to get the More Floors mod 0.16'd to get those great fast-walking tiles back?
Regards,
Bordo

I think he posted in the wrong thread haha

That link should work tone hasnt been online for a while and he's the one in control of the mod. Portal

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Any thoughts of foster-parenting/adopting the mod till the OA returns?

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

abordoli wrote:Any thoughts of foster-parenting/adopting the mod till the OA returns?
I was going to do a reupload since tone got a new job he didnt really have much time for factorio leaving me to develop the mod.

Ill reupload it just to get it up and running again

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Public Service Announcement

I've hit the path tile ID limit by trying to install too many flooring mods at once, in my case Dectorio, Extra Floors, Alien Biomes, and several smaller mods which have paths (something Bio Industries, not Dp77's, Asphalt Roads, Inlaid Lamps (I think), etc.)

This is one of those big mods. I suspect (but not have rigorously tested) that Dectorio, Extra Floors, and Alien Biomes can't exist in the same installation, and that only two of the three are supported by core Factorio before blowing this limit.

(More Floors reply) I really like this mod; I find the alien floors really satisfying as it kinda became available around the same time as modular armor, and I ditched cars at that point in the game (installation was my Muddy Mountains modpack for 0.14.21.)

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

Glad you like the mod! Yeah it's not exactly compatible with other floor modifying mods because the limit is 256 tiles? Something to that effect? I asked the devs about this issue and they said it'll be fixed for .17
It shouldn't be too difficult to just remove the extra tiles you don't want to use by. Removing them from the mod loader

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

PeteTheLich wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:48 am
It shouldn't be too difficult to just remove the extra tiles you don't want to use by. Removing them from the mod loader
I can't make any sense of that. I have no idea what you mean by "mod loader", and if you're talking about the Mods menu under the button in the main menu or the option to disable mods when they crash during loading, it makes it to neither of those when the tile limit is blown. Since you're talking about individual tiles, it doesn't seem to be that.

Part of the reason I felt a need to put a PSA on these threads is the stubborn way the game packs up when it happens. It's the sort of situation where preventing the problem is much easier than solving it after the fact ...especially for those who, unlike me, tend to manage their mods via the functionality within the game, which becomes unreachable in this situation, rather than the OS and mods directory.

Return to “Mods”