[MOD 0.15] More Floors 1.2.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] More Floors 1.0.4

Post by PeteTheLich »

Lezreth wrote:The lava and asphalt tiles are missing.

Also, I can confirm the above report on the problem with the circuit floor texture.
Circuit Floor Missing Green Texture
I believe I made a mistake implementing these. Whoops. should be fixed for 1.0.5

There isn't really a "problem" with the circuit floor its just it only has a 4x4 tiles (128x128px) texture for the rips a 2x2 tile variant has yet to be made.

which is why it only works with large sections

Ranakastrasz wrote:I would request that wooden floors use wood to place similar to bricks being placed. Ideally, As a copy of Bio-industries. Being able to pick it up later and recycle it is preferable to leaving it in a chest like any other obsolete item.
Im not sure how to do it like bricks or bio industries but I changed it to give back wood instead of tiles so they dont become obsolete.

swni wrote:This is great, I'd love to see also a selection of bolder, solid colors (like colored carpets in Rimworld) for color-coding regions of the factory.
color coated concrete coming right up

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Code: Select all

if BI_Config.Wood_Products then
--- Wood Floors
data.raw.item["wood"].place_as_tile =
{
result = "bi-wood-floor",
condition_size = 4,
condition = { "water-tile" }
}
thxbob.lib.add_technology_recipe ("logistics", "bi-big-wooden-pole")
This, in the "data-updates.lua" file is probably responsible.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

Ranakastrasz wrote:

data.raw.item["wood"].place_as_tile =
{
result = "bi-wood-floor",
condition_size = 4,
condition = { "water-tile" }
}
This, in the "data-updates.lua" file is probably responsible.
That looks like it would work im not sure where to put that code. Currently in 1.0.5 you make the tiles and when you pick them up it gives back wooden planks

it's so easy to make them (.25 sec crafting time) im not sure it's entirely nessicary

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Can put it pretty much anywhere that you might use to overwrite part of a prototype. In a data definition file or data final fixes.

That said, given you can just recover the wood, it isn't a big deal.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Can put it pretty much anywhere that you might use to overwrite part of a prototype. In a data definition file or data final fixes.

That said, given you can just recover the wood, it isn't a big deal.
Yeah you can hand craft it quite easily early game.

I can't get ahold of Tone to update the mod on the portal but heres a preview of the 1.0.5 update.

Tone
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tone »

1.0.5 is now on the mod portal. You can grab it here: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Tone/More_Floors

Thanks PeteTheLich for all your help.

DNightmare
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] More Floors 1.0.5

Post by DNightmare »

Holas,
first off all: Thanks for the beautiful mod, really enjoy laying out plans with it / upping the ugly looks of my factory :)

One thing I realized is that the black concrete is somewhat only a really dark grey compared to the other mod I'm running (Color Coding).
Because you both create colored concrete, the one from CC gets overwritten and now I can only build yours.
Any chance to either darken it / make two versions (dark grey + black) or incorporate the CC versions together with yours instead of overwriting them?

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

DNightmare wrote:Holas,
first off all: Thanks for the beautiful mod, really enjoy laying out plans with it / upping the ugly looks of my factory :)

One thing I realized is that the black concrete is somewhat only a really dark grey compared to the other mod I'm running (Color Coding).
Because you both create colored concrete, the one from CC gets overwritten and now I can only build yours.
Any chance to either darken it / make two versions (dark grey + black) or incorporate the CC versions together with yours instead of overwriting them?
Thanks! always nice to hear people enjoying the mod

Hmm I have very little code experience so how are they being overwritten?
is it because theyre named the same?

I dont want the mod to block other peoples mods so ill look into changing it for you

does it happen to any other concretes? and ill look at the mod and see if theres anything i can change to make the CC mode be overwritten

DNightmare
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DNightmare »

The problem seems to be that both bring "Black Concrete" "Red Concrete" etc with them.
And when yours is loaded last because of alphabetically sorting, the other recipes get overwritten?!

That's the black (and white) concrete from the Color Coding mod (It also adds colored lamps etc. that's why I'm running both)

Anyway, thanks in advance for responding so quickly and taking a look at it.

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

DNightmare wrote:The problem seems to be that both bring "Black Concrete" "Red Concrete" etc with them.
And when yours is loaded last because of alphabetically sorting, the other recipes get overwritten?!

That's the black (and white) concrete from the Color Coding mod (It also adds colored lamps etc. that's why I'm running both)

Anyway, thanks in advance for responding so quickly and taking a look at it.

The problem was both our tiles were called "concrete-black" so one overrided the other

I changed them to "mf-concrete-black" so it should be fully compatible with other colored concrete mods!

since Tone isnt around to update the mod portal you can download it fresh off the press

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6etvvft4da85z ... 6.zip?dl=0

It is just a dark grey youre right I should create a new tile that's substially darker to actually be called "black" same with white.

DNightmare
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DNightmare »

Awesome, thanks for the update.
Will throw it in my current game later today and report back.

Tone
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tone »

1.0.6 is live

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] More Floors 1.0.6

Post by bigyihsuan »

Bug when upgrading from 1.0.5:

Error while applying migration: More_Floors: More_floors_1.0.6.lua

Cannot execute command. Error: [string "for i, force in pairs(game.forces) do 
..."]:15: attempt to index field 'road-lines' (a nil value)

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

bigyihsuan wrote:Bug when upgrading from 1.0.5:

Error while applying migration: More_Floors: More_floors_1.0.6.lua

Cannot execute command. Error: [string "for i, force in pairs(game.forces) do 
..."]:15: attempt to index field 'road-lines' (a nil value)

It appears I added an s to the migration script

While I get ahold of tone you can open the migration script and change the roadsides to:

Force.Recipes["road-line"].enabled = true

until tone reuploads heres a fixed version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/be2bpnjgok3xi ... 6.zip?dl=0

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

really nice to have alternatives for the paving of factories, but to me it will be most important to color different paths and roads to outposts, and to have those roads usable as speedways for cars (with pavement drive assist
Tone in the OP wrote:# New in 1.0.3 : ...
in contrast to the portal, the OP in this thread only tells about updates to 1.03, but neither 1.05 nor 1.06.
Tone on the portal wrote:New in 1.0.6 : ...
Added Redbrick tiles (W.I.P. texture)
and where is the yellow brick road ? :-)
PeteTheLich wrote:Force.Recipes["road-lines"].enabled = true
after removing that "s", my old map loaded fine in general, but in detail it removed all colored concrete tiles from the map. it did not convert old tilenames to new ones (or whatever caused this effect).
luckily, i had barely started paving my real factory and saw this effect only on a testmap.
PeteTheLich (pre-1.0.5) wrote:There isn't really a "problem" with the circuit floor its just it only has a 4x4 tiles (128x128px) texture for the rips a 2x2 tile variant has yet to be made.
in 1.0.5, i see lots of grey with some green "holes" in the ground. when i created several 8x8 areas, most of them had around 10-12 random spots (btw: random on placement, is it MP compatible?), never more, but quite a few had as few as only 1, 2 or 3 such spots, with all the rest being grey and a bit boring. i could always remove that flooring and put down another set of the same tiles until i had enough of those green spots, but that takes quite some time and effort.
in 1.0.6, it is much better now: mostly 12-20 spots, rarely below 8 and never below 4.

the same principle probably also applies to lava, and i like it now in 1.0.6 better than in 1.0.5

here are some more (mostly minor) observations when i looked closely at the floors in inventory and crafting window, and after placing them:
  • the colored concrete seem to be sorted alphabetically. i find it easier to select colors and create patterns when they are sorted according to the rainbow
  • in 1.0.5, the mods had almost identical colors, but were tiled differently, one was done like vanilla concrete and the other with lots of identical "stampings" which (to my taste) would look good on bathroom or kitchen walls, but not as good on large areas of factory floor. i like the new version better which has slightly differing colors and the same "stamping" as vanilla and the other mod, resulting in twice as many different colors for a wide range of variations and combinations when using both (plus more floors from this mod, plus matching lamps in the other)
    rainbow sort of all 26 concrete
  • the method of rotating tiles to get more variants without flooding the craft window is nice, and even after placing a blueprint, the correct "sub-selection" is remembered. but all patterns on concrete, lava, circuits, cobblestone and maybe more is newly generated randomly. thus it's of no use deleting and generating floors again until a nice pattern appears when you intend to use that for blueprints.
  • bug? : looking at the window that is shown when creating a blueprint, and also after placing that blueprint, lava seems to be stored in blueprints only as asphalt texture with no red markings.
  • maybe the method of rotating floors to get more variants could also be used for brick roads, to alternate between red and yellow and maybe more different roads.
  • the three belt floors are sorted yellow, blue, red, while ingame blue is tier 3 and red is tier 2
  • on all three belts, rotating is clockwise (up, right, down, left), while for the road lines it is diagonal right, vertical, horizontal, diagonal left. it would be easier to select when it's done like the belts (and vanilla train rails): diagonal1, horizontal, diagonal2, vertical
  • although stone bricks and landfill are used to create some kind of floors, i use stone bricks mostly to create walls, electric smelters and other machines, and have to get used to find them in the floor tab. it would be nice if it would be possible to have some items shown in more than one tab :-) same goes for landfill which is said (in its "buggy" tooltip) to create grass, but really can't be used to create any floor (except on water, and then it creates some dirt and not grass). the only common property with floors is that you can remove floors by rightclicking them with landfill in the hand
  • similar to how i would like a rainbow to more easily select color concrete, i would like the basic landscape floors (grass, sand, etc) to be sorted according to their priority, eg grass is overlapped by the other four when placed next to each other, and thus grass should be first or last in a row instead of in the middle. dirt overlaps only grass, thus should be second (or second to last), etc, and dark sand overlaps everything, thus should be last (or first).
    overlapping floors
and two even bigger problems with those five basic landscape floorings: since they are no tiles that are placed on the ground but they do replace the ground, they can not be simply removed by rightclicking or placing down other floor tiles (bricks, etc), and also are not removed when eg an outpost mine is depleted and the whole outpost is removed with the deconstruction planner. in the case of such an outpost it might be considered a nice feature when you see forever where the oupost once was, but when i misplace something, it can't be undone easily, and some (or in the case of using mods like alien biomes) many tiles can never be reconstructed. (try replacing snow with sand, and then sand back to snow. you can remove that new snow since snow are tiles, and the sand appears again)

related to this is that those landscape tiles are considered to be floor tiles, and thus are included in blueprints when i want to blueprint only a factory setup with some pathes, but not with all sand, gras, etc. storage and the string of the blueprint will be much larger, cost of placing such a blueprint is high (since it includes lots of tiles which each require 5x stone) and it looks very ugly when i place such a blueprint eg on some snowy landscape.

having real floor tiles instead, which only look like landscape (as is already the case with snow), i would be able to put them down to get the looks (eg to get some sandy walking path indicated between machines), but still be able to blueprint such a factory only with desired pathes and not random original landscape, and also would be able to completely remove those tiles again when i completely deconstruct an area.

using other mods like pavement drive assist probably also requires real tiles and not some changed original landscape "tiles". thus i can't drive my dune buggy on a dirt track ...

maybe you can add two versions, one like it is now (also buildable easily and early in game), and one with landscape floor tiles like snow is now. but anyway, if you want to keep this functionality, please give them a row of their own and don't put them on the same row as lava tiles, real snow tiles, and the tar pit tile.

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

Hello Anson I really appreciate the feedback ill try to answer as much as I can.

Anson wrote:# New in 1.0.3 : ...
in contrast to the portal, the OP in this thread only tells about updates to 1.03, but neither 1.05 nor 1.06.

You can always either look at the mod portal or open the zip to see the change log included with each new version.
Anson wrote: and where is the yellow brick road ? :-)
Now there's an idea. I was going to revist the red brick could easily make a yellow brick too.
Anson wrote: after removing that "s", my old map loaded fine in general, but in detail it removed all colored concrete tiles from the map. it did not convert old tilenames to new ones (or whatever caused this effect).
luckily, i had barely started paving my real factory and saw this effect only on a testmap.
Hmm I had not thought about that but the change was nessicary because it would conflict with other colored concrete mods.
Anson wrote:in 1.0.5, i see lots of grey with some green "holes" in the ground. when i created several 8x8 areas, most of them had around 10-12 random spots (btw: random on placement, is it MP compatible?), never more, but quite a few had as few as only 1, 2 or 3 such spots, with all the rest being grey and a bit boring. i could always remove that flooring and put down another set of the same tiles until i had enough of those green spots, but that takes quite some time and effort.
in 1.0.6, it is much better now: mostly 12-20 spots, rarely below 8 and never below 4.

the same principle probably also applies to lava, and i like it now in 1.0.6 better than in 1.0.5
im not sure if i included it in this version? but i made a 32x32 variation
and it was Image way overkill needed further tweaking.

Lava is the same way because it doesnt have a 32x32 variation its just flat black I could try raising the variation probability

{
          picture = "__More_Floors__/graphics/terrain/biome-floor/lava-floor2.png",
          count = 8,
          size = 2,
          probability = 0.39,
			},

• the colored concrete seem to be sorted alphabetically. i find it easier to select colors and create patterns when they are sorted according to the rainbow

yeah that's just how factorio sorts the inventory as far as I am aware. i could go rename all the colors to be alphabetically sorted but the names would be like A-red-concrete B-orange-concrete
  • in 1.0.5, the mods had almost identical colors, but were tiled differently, one was done like vanilla concrete and the other with lots of identical "stampings" which (to my taste) would look good on bathroom or kitchen walls, but not as good on large areas of factory floor. i like the new version better which has slightly differing colors and the same "stamping" as vanilla and the other mod, resulting in twice as many different colors for a wide range of variations and combinations when using both
    do you remember which colors? i double checked the code

{
                picture = "__More_Floors__/graphics/terrain/stone-floor/concrete_black.png",
                count = 16,
                size = 1
              }

count is the number of sprites and size is the size of the "tile" 1=32x32px 2=64x64px 4=128x128px

it's just recolored vanilla concrete
  • the method of rotating tiles to get more variants without flooding the craft window is nice, and even after placing a blueprint, the correct "sub-selection" is remembered. but all patterns on concrete, lava, circuits, cobblestone and maybe more is newly generated randomly. thus it's of no use deleting and generating floors again until a nice pattern appears when you intend to use that for blueprints.
    Haha I was trying to think about how to add variants without doing any scripting.
  • bug? : looking at the window that is shown when creating a blueprint, and also after placing that blueprint, lava seems to be stored in blueprints only as asphalt texture with no red markings.
    what do you mean? and im not sure why you would be getting that as a bug
  • maybe the method of rotating floors to get more variants could also be used for brick roads, to alternate between red and yellow and maybe more different roads.
    Noted for future versions!
  • the three belt floors are sorted yellow, blue, red, while ingame blue is tier 3 and red is tier 2
    literally unplayable theyre named arrowgrate arrowgrate-express arrowgrate-fast
  • on all three belts, rotating is clockwise (up, right, down, left), while for the road lines it is diagonal right, vertical, horizontal, diagonal left. it would be easier to select when it's done like the belts (and vanilla train rails): diagonal1, horizontal, diagonal2, vertical

I had thought about that but was also thinking it would be best to have the straights with the straights and the diagonals with the diagonals
  • although stone bricks and landfill are used to create some kind of floors, i use stone bricks mostly to create walls and have to get used to find them in the floor tab. same goes for landfill which is said (in its "buggy" tooltip) to create grass, but really can't be used to create any floor (except on water, and then it creates some dirt and not grass). the only common property with floors is that you can remove floors by rightclicking them with landfill in the hand
    yeah I might change that sub grouping because it moves those tiles around. i had the same thought
  • similar to how i would like a rainbow to more easily select color concrete, i would like the basic landscape floors (grass, sand, etc) to be sorted according to their priority, eg grass is overlapped by the other four when placed next to each other, and thus grass should be first or last in a row instead of in the middle. dirt overlaps only grass, thus should be second (or second to last), etc, and dark sand overlaps everything, thus should be last (or first).
im not sure how to go about sorting the invintory without physically renaming the wait....

{
      type = "item-subgroup",
      name = "terrain",
      group = "more-floors",
      order = "b",
    },

theres the order= for the subgrouping i wonder if I can order things within those sub grouping?

related to this is that those landscape tiles are considered to be floor tiles, and thus are included in blueprints when i want to blueprint only a factory setup with some pathes, but not with all sand, gras, etc. storage and the string of the blueprint will be much larger, cost of placing such a blueprint is high (since it includes lots of tiles which each require 5x stone) and it looks very ugly when i place such a blueprint eg on some snowy landscape.

so youre saying if you place grass tile down it picks it up in blue prints?

but you would also want that for the other biome tiles to be able to be picked up

I think I would label them as such that one is a tile and the other is a vanilla ground piece.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

PeteTheLich wrote: im not sure how to go about sorting the invintory without physically renaming the wait....

{
      type = "item-subgroup",
      name = "terrain",
      group = "more-floors",
      order = "b",
    },

theres the order= for the subgrouping i wonder if I can order things within those sub grouping?
in a subgroup the order defines to sorting for that row,

Recipes and items also support order
if an item has a sort order and the recipe doesn't the recipe will use the items sort order. (recipes are shown on the crafting window, items are shown on the select filter window)

but you would also want that for the other biome tiles to be able to be picked up

I think I would label them as such that one is a tile and the other is a vanilla ground piece.[/quote]

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

Nexela wrote: in a subgroup the order defines to sorting for that row,

Recipes and items also support order
if an item has a sort order and the recipe doesn't the recipe will use the items sort order. (recipes are shown on the crafting window, items are shown on the select filter window)

Yes! Tone had some sort of sorting already but I tweaked it to line them up

thank you for pounting that out Nexela!
Nexela wrote: related to this is that those landscape tiles are considered to be floor tiles, and thus are included in blueprints when i want to blueprint only a factory setup with some pathes, but not with all sand, gras, etc. storage and the string of the blueprint will be much larger, cost of placing such a blueprint is high (since it includes lots of tiles which each require 5x stone) and it looks very ugly when i place such a blueprint eg on some snowy landscape.

I see what he means

is there a way to prevent a tile from being blueprinted via the code? (surely) i know you can right click on the blueprint to remove what you dont want but if you do a HUGE areait would become tedious...

That's how I was understanding it as well. as of right now the base tiles are just called from the base game and placing them treats them like base tiles (absorbing pollution and such)

right clicking on the icon doesnt work... that would be the easiest solution... Ill post it to the suggestions forum for the devs.

because it would be far too tedious to remove all the tiles 1 at a time when theres 3000....

digging through the api

can_be_part_of_blueprint ahh ha!

Okay so I was messing around with the tiles and I made a grass tile with blue print false then rotating it makes it blueprintable

is there a way I can make it more noticable after rotating without having to change the sprite itself? all the other rotating objects have different sprites so you can see

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

PeteTheLich wrote:I really appreciate the feedback ill try to answer as much as I can.
thanks for the detailed answer.
I'll try to make this one shorter :-) ((edit: mostly failed :-) :-( ))
Anson wrote:it removed all colored concrete tiles from the map.
it did not convert old tilenames to new ones (or whatever caused this effect).
Hmm I had not thought about that but the change was nessicary because it would conflict with other colored concrete mods.
yes, not interfering with other mods is very important.
but whoever used colored concrete and has to repaint the floors of a megafactory from scratch will not be happy when the old tiles are simply removed instead of being converted.
the colored concrete seem to be sorted alphabetically. i find it easier to select colors and create patterns when they are sorted according to the rainbow
yeah that's just how factorio sorts the inventory as far as I am aware. i could go rename all the colors to be alphabetically sorted but the names would be like A-red-concrete B-orange-concrete
I'm no lua/factorio programmer, thus i don't know the specifications, but looking at some files in the data and core mods:
shouldnt it be possible to just change the name in the order part
the three belt floors are sorted yellow, blue, red, while ingame blue is tier 3 and red is tier 2
literally unplayable theyre named arrowgrate arrowgrate-express arrowgrate-fast
only if you have to use the original names of the vanilla tiles also for everything on your tiles, and can't specify some "order" of your own for your own tiles.
in 1.0.5, the mods had almost identical colors, but were tiled differently ...
do you remember which colors? i double checked the code
it's just recolored vanilla concrete
old 1.0.5 : one mod with kitchen tiles, the other with recolored concrete, but same tint on both
new 1.0.6 : both mods use recolored concrete, but with slightly different tints
thus we now have no more "kitchen tiles", but twice as many colors when using both mods.

edit: i just downloaded the old version again and checked: that old version had "count=1" for all concrete colors and thus caused pretty regular patterns of only one of the available 16 tiles (that's why i called it "kitchen tiles"). the same tint on both may have been caused by the old conflicting tilenames.
anyway, it is fixed now, looks much better, and is better usable together with other mods :-)
the method of rotating tiles to get more variants without flooding the craft window is nice ...
but all patterns on lava, circuits, etc is newly generated randomly. thus it's of no use deleting and generating floors again until a nice pattern appears when you intend to use that for blueprints.
Haha I was trying to think about how to add variants without doing any scripting.
it is really worth it if it saves on scripts, cpu, ups, and whatever.
but when it can't be influenced by the user, a nice distribution of those "spots" (not too few, not too many) when placing the tiles is even more important.
bug? : looking at the window that is shown when creating a blueprint, and also after placing that blueprint, lava seems to be stored in blueprints only as asphalt texture with no red markings.
i had a look at the graphics subdirectory and checked the lava and circuit pictures. the lava1 is only grey with no red marks, and the circuit1 has a very prominent green pattern in the first position. when i make a blueprint, factorio seems to store only single tiles and thus use the xxx1 variant, not xxx2 or xxx4. for the preview, it shows only the first pattern, and thus all lava looks completely grey in blueprints, and the whole circuit floored area has identical graphics, as well as all the concrete etc.
when placing such a blueprint, the tiles are randomly generated again and thus concrete and circuits get back some(!) random patterns, but since lava has only 16 grey patterns in its lava1 graphics, all blueprinted lava is purely grey afterwards. any effects from lava2, lava4, circuit2 and circuit4 are probably always gone.
blueprinting floors.PNG
blueprinting floors.PNG (202.66 KiB) Viewed 7939 times
if we are supposed to be able using lava and circuits in blueprints, this is a bug. but i won't decide whether this is a bug only in this mod (to have only grey patterns in lava1), or also a bug in factorio (to use only single tiles and thus the xxx1 tiles in blueprints)
>> rotating floors to get more variants ...
all tiles that use this feature should get some short hint in their tooltips ...
related to this is that those landscape tiles are considered to be floor tiles, and thus are included in blueprints when i want to blueprint only a factory setup with some pathes, but not with all sand, gras, etc. ...
i don't have to place down tiles. it is enough to have your mod active, and doing a "blueprint with tiles" will store all concrete and stone pathes, colored concrete, etc, but also all random sand, dirt etc (those 5 landscape tiles you have included) but no other landtiles that you don't have in your mod. thus vanilla snow will not be included since you have no "landscape snow" in your mod, but of course "tiled snow" will be included since those are real tiles that only look like snow.
getting a blueprint from a factory with concrete pathes (and only those pathes) is impossible when you have built it in a desert since all the sand from the desert will be included in the blueprint too.
I think I would label them as such that one is a tile and the other is a vanilla ground piece.
the two different types of tiles (landscape like sand, and real tiles like snow) should clearly be separated into their own subgroups and get their own rows in the crafting window.
maybe the two types are so different that they should get their own mods and/or their own tabs in the crafting window, one for real tiles only (including landscape patterns like snow, and new ones like a dirt path to some outpost or between machines), and another one to repaint the whole world permanently with any landscpe tile that is available (like currently sand and the other four, but in the future also all others including landscape from alien biomes etc).

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

Anson wrote: thanks for the detailed answer.
I'll try to make this one shorter :-) ((edit: mostly failed :-) :-( ))
hopefully I can make you run out of questions by answering them all :)

im very tired so i'll just give you this screenshot

should answer many of your questions.

in 1.0.5, the mods had almost identical colors, but were tiled differently ...

edit: i just downloaded the old version again and checked: that old version had "count=1" for all concrete colors and thus caused pretty regular patterns of only one of the available 16 tiles (that's why i called it "kitchen tiles"). the same tint on both may have been caused by the old conflicting tilenames.
anyway, it is fixed now, looks much better, and is better usable together with other mods :-)
yeah i had accidentally chopped off the 16 when I was copy pasting the colored concrete
whoops

the method of rotating tiles to get more variants without flooding the craft window is nice ...
but all patterns on lava, circuits, etc is newly generated randomly. thus it's of no use deleting and generating floors again until a nice pattern appears when you intend to use that for blueprints.
it is really worth it if it saves on scripts, cpu, ups, and whatever.
but when it can't be influenced by the user, a nice distribution of those "spots" (not too few, not too many) when placing the tiles is even more important.

so youre wanting rotate to manually add variation?

bug? : looking at the window that is shown when creating a blueprint, and also after placing that blueprint, lava seems to be stored in blueprints only as asphalt texture with no red markings.
i had a look at the graphics subdirectory and checked the lava and circuit pictures. the lava1 is only grey with no red marks, and the circuit1 has a very prominent green pattern in the first position. when i make a blueprint, factorio seems to store only single tiles and thus use the xxx1 variant, not xxx2 or xxx4. for the preview, it shows only the first pattern, and thus all lava looks completely grey in blueprints, and the whole circuit floored area has identical graphics, as well as all the concrete etc.
when placing such a blueprint, the tiles are randomly generated again and thus concrete and circuits get back some(!) random patterns, but since lava has only 16 grey patterns in its lava1 graphics, all blueprinted lava is purely grey afterwards. any effects from lava2, lava4, circuit2 and circuit4 are probably always gone.

I believe that's because of how robots place tiles 1x1 and to get the bigger variations you have to place it manually by using a bigger brush
not sure that can be worked around. (at least with my level of coding)

blueprinting floors.PNG
if we are supposed to be able using lava and circuits in blueprints, this is a bug. but i won't decide whether this is a bug only in this mod (to have only grey patterns in lava1), or also a bug in factorio (to use only single tiles and thus the xxx1 tiles in blueprints)
>> rotating floors to get more variants ...
all tiles that use this feature should get some short hint in their tooltips ...

I dont know how to make tool tips for it I tried searching the API and the factorio files for "can be used to mine any tile" id like to put the tip there.
related to this is that those landscape tiles are considered to be floor tiles, and thus are included in blueprints
as shown above this has been fixed for the next version

(besides the hotfix coming today)

Return to “Mods”