Topics and discussion about specific mods
BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17.x] BeltSorter 0.6.2

Post by BlueTemplar »

judos wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm
- Fix beltSorters didn't use any energy at all (except if condition is set), did you actually notice this earlier? :D
Huh - even in 0.16 (0.5.4) ? I'd swear that they did ! Well, at least what I noticed is that they stopped working without power... (I think? They certainly did have the "out of power" sign !)
judos wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi there,

I didn't manage to visit factorio for a while, but now I found some time again so I updated some small things

Changes 0.6.1
- Fix update speed to match new speed of belts (factorio 0.17) - throughput looks smoother now
One thing that I found sad is that in 0.16 (0.5.4), seeing items teleport around is IMHO jarring...
But then I guess that this has an UPS cost, and might also due to me using Vlad's Auto Time and running at 20% game speed ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17.x] BeltSorter 0.6.4

Post by judos »

VVersion 0.6.4 (1.Sep 2019)

- Add startup setting such that beltSorters don't need energy (default: they need power)
- Fix integration issue (support for warptorio)
- Add option to use beltSorters as splitter (distribution is not perfectly balanced but randomized)

-> The splitter behavior works like this:
If there are 6 items on input belt and 2 output belts: Sure just put 3 items to each output belt.
If there are 8 items on input belt and 3 output belts: Put 2 items on each output and randomly distribute the remainder 2 items randomly (that's why the ratios might not be perfect.. ;) )

coolfarmer wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:14 am
Is it possible for you to fix this ( Tightly connected sorters) ?
I don't care about rotation but tightly connected sorters is a MUST! :shock:
My design doesn't work... :(
Yeah I know it would be cool. I just got an idea today how I could implement it a lot easier than previously thought. Basically beltSorters are chests at the same time and they would just automatically sort their content onto the belts. Or incase a adjacent beltSorter they would also put items into the next beltSorter. That would be one approach. But still requires 4h+ I guess. So I will try to find time but can't guarantee... :|
BlueTemplar wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:03 am
Huh - even in 0.16 (0.5.4) ? I'd swear that they did ! Well, at least what I noticed is that they stopped working without power... (I think? They certainly did have the "out of power" sign !)
Pretty sure! BeltSorters are Lamps with a custom gui. During day they are usually off (no power usage) :D But unless lamps they are scripted to work if no circuit condition is set. When you set a circuit condition they used power correctly.
BlueTemplar wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:03 am
One thing that I found sad is that in 0.16 (0.5.4), seeing items teleport around is IMHO jarring...
But then I guess that this has an UPS cost, and might also due to me using Vlad's Auto Time and running at 20% game speed ?
Item teleporting is the only way to make such a custom behavior like beltSorters work :) I optimized it such that they rarely do something, but when they do they move all items from the whole nearby tiles. (you see a full belt vanish and appear on the ouputs).
For sure there is still improvement. If you heavily use the mod and experience issues try turning on time details in the debug menu (F4 and try out first few options). Under scripts there is beltSorter listed. If that time goes up high (let's say above 2ms) then please send me screenshots, savefile, modlist so I will check what I can do :)

bluegreen1024
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

BeltSorter 0.9.1 Feature request: Speed settings

Post by bluegreen1024 »

Hello,
I like the concept of this mod but it doesn't keep up with the faster belts added by some mods.
Would it be convenient to expose a setting that allows the user to set the speeds of the 5 belt sorters? There are several mods that change belt speeds or add faster belts, such as Double Speed Belts and Space Exploration, and it seems like it might be easier and more flexible to let the user change the speeds to their taste rather than try to maintain built-in compatibility.

Thank you for the mod.

Return to “Mods”