[MOD 0.16.x] HardCrafting 0.6.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] HardCrafting 0.5.0

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

I've noticed at least one spelling error and some other odd word choices that could be cleaned up. Mind if I go through the mod and proofread, etc?

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

No surely not, you can message me any errors or just send me the updated files if you find several mistakes ;)

Yes the part to integrate other resources is still on my todo list, hope I can get to that soon.

kaldskryke
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kaldskryke »

Hi, Judos

I really enjoy your mod, but I have a few questions:

Is it intentional that the "Big" processing machine
1) Lacks a recipe for processing Rich Iron Ore? The tooltip says it's supposed to do everything the Pulverizer and Crusher can do.
2) Has a faster recipe for processing Iron Ore (in addition to the machine speed)?

In general it seems that the Big machine is not a very attractive upgrade. The extra dirt byproduct is a pain to deal with, since I have to incinerate so much dirt already. It may be four times faster than the smaller machines, but one could simply use four of the smaller machines anyway and not deal with the added recipe complexity. The only advantage the Big machine has is a reduced requirement for productivity modules, but getting high throughput with beacons can be difficult to set up with belts, since there are so many items to I/O. And what shall I do with the hundreds of crushers and pulverizers I have already made? It would be nice if the recipe for the Big machine consumed the smaller ones.

Thanks

bdean20
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bdean20 »

Angel's infinite coal doesn't produce coal dust with hard crafting enabled. I think the following code should be added to angel_ores_hardcrafting.lua:

Code: Select all

if data.raw["resource"]["infinite-coal"] then
	data.raw["resource"]["infinite-coal"].minable.result = nil
	data.raw["resource"]["infinite-coal"].minable.results = data.raw["resource"]["coal"].minable.results
end
If this is still under active development, is there any support planned for rich ores and byproducts of the ores from bobs with angels (and disabling rich iron and copper ores when angel's refining is active)?

I've recently started with all of bobs/angels, marathon and hardcrafting and it's not game breaking, but there are two different paths for accessing the basic iron/copper resources and so I end up using the rich ores for red science and saving the angel ores for later processing - it seems to ease some of the challenge/complexity during early game rather than add to it.

KepperMIEM
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KepperMIEM »

I add some changes according my taste.
English
Русский
ThoroughProcessing_0.14.2

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] HardCrafting 0.5.4

Post by judos »

@kaldskryke
1) Indeed it did. It's now added as well
2) Yes for the better ratio (can put 2 big processing machines beside each other to do the processing easier)

@bdean20
Not 100% active, rather like 50% I would say. I zoom in and out from playing factorio. Also I don't get enough time to do all I would like to while modding for factorio. Because there are so many ideas and options :)

Updates and changes for 0.5.4
- support Factorio 0.15.9+
- reorder recipes into more meaningful categories fixes #23
- better crafting times for machines fixes #24
- changing base recipes happens in final-fixes (#25)
- fix names of recipes which should produce waste metal
- add rich-iron processing for big-processing-machine
- improve big-processing-machine recipe & energy (400kW instead of 500kW, use crasher and pulverizer for recipe)

As always: Enjoy!!

/edit: Mod portal is down due to too much traffic. Check the github download here: https://github.com/judos/hardCrafting/releases

mshro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mshro »

Thank you for the update!

there is a problem whit the migrations.
I added a file to this post, which should solve it

also had to deactivate:

Code: Select all

check(force, "electric-engine", "electro-magnet")
	check(force, "flying", "rotor")
	check(force, "robotics", "antenna")
they are not in game right?
Attachments
migrations.zip
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

YohanuiBabai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by YohanuiBabai »

+1 for update. Also for next version tech icons with actual background machines.. and ore =)
Attachments
hardcrafting.zip
(4.8 MiB) Downloaded 142 times

GodricSeer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GodricSeer »

So, a new release has been created on the github https://github.com/judos/hardCrafting/t ... er/release that has a number of small improvements to it, but it hasn't been uploaded to the mod portal yet. Just so people can update if they want to.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] HardCrafting 0.5.5

Post by judos »

Fixes and changes for 0.5.5

- remove old migration scripts causing issues
- Don't allow cost values of zero on steel dust
- landfill with dirt requires landfill tech
- multiply fluid by 10 for factorio 0.15.x
- fix calculation of items needed to craft steel-dust

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Glad to see you're still alive and working on this one. What's next on the todo list?

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hehe alive, always. Just I don't get much time for modding lately.
If anyone wants to join and help out with development of my mods, you are welcome! Seriously, contact me!

Currently I'm working on updating the beltSorter to get the latest features of 0.15 in it.

But because modding is quite time consuming I don't get to implement too many features. :?

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Sure, I'd love to help out (once my exam on Tuesday's done). I've always had a hunger for something a little more...comprehensive for Bob's Mods ores.

Asekhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Asekhan »

So, I wanted a bigger challenge than vanilla for a 1000 science/min factory, this is way better, thanks for your mod.

Here's my take on a copper smelting facilities :D
http://i.imgur.com/0M3bt5b.jpg

Way too much belt, not ups friendly at all, but I love it

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Heyo! Loving the mod, and have a bunch of crazy ideas for improving it. Support for Bob's ores would be fantastic. Support for Angel's Ore's (there being just four) and Omnimatter (there being just one) are more urgent IMHO, even though I don't play them much. There is a mod out there, SJT Dirty Ore which contains code to mod every ore, including those of Hard Crafting. So, together they produce such abominations as trace rich copper ore and dirty dirt. That might be the key to getting Hard Crafting to screw up mod ores.

I do have a much smaller suggestion though: change the Ferric Chloride Solution recipe in Bob's Electronics to use pulverized iron ore instead of normal iron ore. There's no need to use a lesser ore grade since you should have pulverizers long before you need ferric chloride. There are two rationales for this: rich iron ore is not compatible with the extant recipe, meaning one has to go find standard iron ore if he only has access to rich patches. This could be a really rude surprise if there's anyone who decides not to spawn standard ore patches! The other rationale is that this is how they make the stuff in real life. Other than that detail, the recipe in Bob's is bang on.

elkillo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elkillo »

Hay judos, there appears to be bad interaction with AAI industries and handcrafting. i get this error message upon startup. Can be recreated but having AAI industries and hardcrafting installed and no other mods.
Attachments
bug.PNG
bug.PNG (32.71 KiB) Viewed 7973 times

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] HardCrafting 0.5.6

Post by judos »

Hi there,

I just released hardCrafting 0.5.6 with the train related fix:
- fix issue with train related error

You can get it from the mod portal.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] HardCrafting 0.5.7

Post by judos »

Hi there,

I have worked again a bit more on the mod and updated the following:
Please note that I had some helpful Contribution by Degraine who agreed to help me work on the mod 8-)

Update to 0.5.7:
- Add integrated settings (Degraine)
- Exchange dried dirt for sand, modify relevant recipes (Degraine)
- remove steam-turbine from scrap metal creation since it causes issues
- fix repair tools can't be incinerated
- remove dirt sifting in big processing machine (the recipe has changed and for the moment the assembling machines are powerful enough to do it
- fix order of rich-ore items in item list (combinators, filter selecting etc)
- fix cheaper trains doesn't work for modded trains
- add compatibility with methane-processing
- update vehicle acceleration values (coal-dust gives +20% acceleration, +5% max speed), also: reduced wood efficiency in vehicles (-30% acceleration, -20% max speed)

some technical:
- updated the lib I used myself to version 3.2 (shared code between beltSorter, robotMiningSite, etc..)
- fixed logging statements not displaying correct filename

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

In 0.15.27, the devs rebalanced science such that every tech had equal ratios of all needed science packs. Would you be willing to add a setting for your mod to do that as well?

And I feel more than a little sheepish for asking about proofreading and never getting back to you... Everything that says "cruel X smelting" might be better off as "crude" instead. In the crusher's description the word "resources" is spelled wrong.

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Thank you again for this great mod.
Could you please update it for 0.16.x?
Thank you.

Return to “Mods”