[MOD 1.1] Inventory Sensor

Topics and discussion about specific mods
axxiz144
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14/0.15] Inventory Sensor 1.4.11

Post by axxiz144 »

Would you please post a blueprint string for the car loader? I'm trying to wrap my brain around circuit networks and I think looking at your setup would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

axxiz144 wrote:Would you please post a blueprint string for the car loader? I'm trying to wrap my brain around circuit networks and I think looking at your setup would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Here's my most recent design. The wires are a mess since I moved the combinators around to fit a car.
2017-08-07-15-35-39-1208596.jpg
2017-08-07-15-35-39-1208596.jpg (38.35 KiB) Viewed 6989 times
blueprint

axxiz144
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by axxiz144 »

Thanks! I really appreciate it :)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14/0.15] Inventory Sensor 1.5.0

Post by Optera »

Version 1.5.0 - good bye config.lua

I finally got to move all settings from config.lua to mod settings.
- Inventory update interval (ticks) manages how often inventories are updated.
Higher values will greatly improve performance at the cost of responsiveness.

- Entity scan interval (ticks) manages how often for new entities is scanned.
Doesn't affect sensors linked to static entities like assemblers. Again higher values will improve performance at the cost of responsiveness.

- Don't mess with Scan Offset and Scan Range unless you can troubleshoot yourself. The default values are set to ensure vanilla train cars are properly detected when sensors are placed at their corners.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14/0.15] Inventory Sensor 1.5.1

Post by Optera »

Version 1.5.1 - boosting performance

Rewrote on_tick to use a system similar to LTN resulting in 8% better performance during benchmark.
On a test save with 120 sensors it reduced avg time in a 10k cycle from 4636.686ms to 4291.02ms.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

I've been holding off on it, but now I'll give it a try and report back.
Regards,
~B

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Really liking the "Inventory Sensor" and what it brings to my circuit network.

I was wondering. How do you configure it to both sense entities from their bottom edge as well as the top edge?

Regards,
~B

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13/0.14] Inventory Sensor 1.1.7

Post by mrvn »

steinio wrote:
Optera wrote:Thanks for the flowers.

The reason why I changed the license is simple. Someone re-branded LTN and re-hosted it on the mods page as his own creation. (without asking ofc, as (L)GPL allows forgoing any form of manners apparently)
I always liked open source, but I also like to get credit for my work, so I pulled the plug and will only release projects where I sink countless hours into under licenses preventing re-hosting or re-branding.
WTF?
Sorry for that.

Stupids are everywhere around.

Please keep on your good work.
And send that guy a take down notice. (L)GPL does not allow anyone to ignore the copyright. Your copyright notice has to remain or it is violating the license and is illegal. Someone who ignores licenses doesn't care what license you use. So please don't change your license because some asshole is ignoring it.
Those of us that care about licenses very much do care.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

mrvn wrote:
steinio wrote:
Optera wrote:Thanks for the flowers.

The reason why I changed the license is simple. Someone re-branded LTN and re-hosted it on the mods page as his own creation. (without asking ofc, as (L)GPL allows forgoing any form of manners apparently)
I always liked open source, but I also like to get credit for my work, so I pulled the plug and will only release projects where I sink countless hours into under licenses preventing re-hosting or re-branding.
WTF?
Sorry for that.

Stupids are everywhere around.

Please keep on your good work.
And send that guy a take down notice. (L)GPL does not allow anyone to ignore the copyright. Your copyright notice has to remain or it is violating the license and is illegal. Someone who ignores licenses doesn't care what license you use. So please don't change your license because some asshole is ignoring it.
Those of us that care about licenses very much do care.
1) Don't necro posts from half a year ago.
I'm happy with my custom restrictive license model and won't switch back to open license. If you want to use IS or LTN in a commercialized stream I can amend that.

2) (L)GPL, MIT and so on are copyleft licenses.
These licenses allow anyone to use, modify and redistribute your work as long as the license itself remains the same. I think they don't even require you to mention the original author.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Optera wrote:2) (L)GPL, MIT and so on are copyleft licenses.
These licenses allow anyone to use, modify and redistribute your work as long as the license itself remains the same. I think they don't even require you to mention the original author.
The original author still holds the copyright and you may not remove their copyright notices (a license only means anything in the context of a specific named copyright holder granting that license to you), but nothing obliges you to mention the original author' name anywhere other than in the copyright notices (which in a Factorio mod are only going to be in the code, not visible in the UI or mod portal).

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Optera:
abordoli wrote:Really liking the "Inventory Sensor" and what it brings to my circuit network.

I was wondering. How do you configure it to both sense entities from their bottom edge as well as the top edge?

Regards,
~B
???

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

abordoli wrote:Really liking the "Inventory Sensor" and what it brings to my circuit network.

Regards,
~B
Configure? Bottom and Top edge?
IS comes perfectly configured to find any entity on the tile in front of it. The 0.2 offset left and right is only needed to make it work on the corners of locomotives and wagons.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Optera wrote:

Regards,
~B
IS comes perfectly configured to find any entity on the tile in front of it. The 0.2 offset left and right is only needed to make it work on the corners of locomotives and wagons.
I see. Shame that it can't sense S, E, & W as well as N, though. Oh, well.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

abordoli wrote:
Optera wrote:

Regards,
~B
You can rotate it like any other entity. :roll:

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Optera wrote:
abordoli wrote:
Optera wrote:

Regards,
~B
You can rotate it like any other entity. :roll:
Ah, thxs!

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14/0.15] Inventory Sensor 1.5.2

Post by abordoli »

I really like how the "Inventory Sensory" beneath a "Rocket Silo" gave the "%" (1-100) as each hundred build stages were progressing!

It seems though, that once it got to 100 and began building the next rocket, the percent did not reset and it remained at 100.

Is this to be expected or is their something constraining the craft % from resetting?
Regards,
~B

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Silo progress is updating as intended

It will remain at 100% until the rocket is launched.
rocket waiting for launch: 100%
rocket waiting for launch: 100%
2017-09-01-06-24-29-5304810.jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 6782 times
New rockets are not built while one is ready. Progress toward the next rocket can only come from productivity modules.
next rocket starting: 0%
next rocket starting: 0%
2017-09-01-06-25-00-5102530.jpg (68.07 KiB) Viewed 6782 times

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Update: It happened all the way during the 2nd rocket's entire build, BUT after it launched it did reset so no biggie. All is fine now.

runamucker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by runamucker »

I've noticed two issues with IS and trains:

1. When a locomotive stops in front of the sensor, it takes a second or two before the sensor detects it. This means the fuel-feeding inserter has already had time to swing (it knows the locomotive is there), usually twice, defeating the purpose of the device. (For now, I have gotten around it by adding two decider combinators so the inserters will only swing if it receives both a low fuel AND locomotive present signal)

2. When a train leaves from in front of the sensor in Manual mode (only), the IS output persists in outputting its inventory, even after the loco/wagon is long gone. It only stops when either another loco/wagon/car/etc. passes in front of the sensor, or that loco/wagon is deconstructed.
IS trains.jpg
IS trains.jpg (115.46 KiB) Viewed 6607 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

runamucker wrote:I've noticed two issues with IS and trains:

1. When a locomotive stops in front of the sensor, it takes a second or two before the sensor detects it. This means the fuel-feeding inserter has already had time to swing (it knows the locomotive is there), usually twice, defeating the purpose of the device. (For now, I have gotten around it by adding two decider combinators so the inserters will only swing if it receives both a low fuel AND locomotive present signal)

2. When a train leaves from in front of the sensor in Manual mode (only), the IS output persists in outputting its inventory, even after the loco/wagon is long gone. It only stops when either another loco/wagon/car/etc. passes in front of the sensor, or that loco/wagon is deconstructed.
This is by design. To work with manual trains and cars IS has to constantly scan for these vehicles. Doing so every tick would utterly tank performance so it's set to only scan every 2s. Automatic mode trains and static entities are handled instantly through events.
If you feel 2s is too slow you can change it in Options - Map Settings - Entity scan interval.

However for refueling locomotives even 10s would fast enough. Wire the inserter directly to IS and set it to stack size = 1; active if locomotive detected > 0.
The inserter will only start working after is found a locomotive and will never get stuck holding items it couldn't insert.

Return to “Mods”