[1.0][1.1] Building Platform v1.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.13][0.14] Building Platform v1.0.2

Post by Neemys »

@imajor

In low frequency they are further apart. Even if you set medium size and very low frequency they a spaced, but you risk not having a working starting area. See the screenshot below, you think they are to close ? (the screen have big size, but that's the same on medium size with smaller platform). Yes they sometime generate two platform next to each other like ressources, I can't do much on that.

@sol

For the error, I fix this for next release (soon), if you want to fix it before, edit recipes.lua in prototypes folder, line 82 (near the end) you have

Code: Select all

buildingPlatformRecipe.name = "building_platform"
change the underscore between building and platform for a dash to get :

buildingPlatformRecipe.name = "building-platform"
For your generation problem, what are the list of mod you use ? What factorio version ? Remember that patch in starting area are smaller than outside. If you look only inside starting area. The starting area isn't designed to get a full working base to rocket launching. If you use large starting area, the bigger patch migth be a bit far. Note that not ALL patch will be big. As with ressources some patch are smaller than other. See the next screenshot :
big2.jpg
big2.jpg (237.16 KiB) Viewed 7728 times

I'm in the starting area, patch are smaller than the one in the left and right of the screen. There will never be lot's of platform in starting area. As with ressources, you migth need to restart a few time to get a workable starting area, water can cover platform and sometime platform doesn't generate big enough.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

Neemys wrote:@imajor

In low frequency they are further apart. Even if you set medium size and very low frequency they a spaced, but you risk not having a working starting area. See the screenshot below, you think they are to close ? (the screen have big size, but that's the same on medium size with smaller platform). Yes they sometime generate two platform next to each other like ressources, I can't do much on that.
Thanks. That doesn't seems to be too close to me. Maybe I was just unlucky, or the resource generation changed since then (I tried it somewhere around 0.13.10 last time I think)

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Yeah early 0.13 generation was messy, don't remember last time devs made a change. But platform in starting area are on purpose next to each other as we don't start with rail technology, don't set a big starting area.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I had a request to remove trees from building platforms so that this mod works better with the Tree Challenge mod. There is now a compatibility mod that does just that. You can find it here:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Earendel ... tree-clear

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Is it intended for the building platforms to look man-made or are you going to have a natural-looking texture at some point?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

I intend to have natural platform (the one that spawn) and man-made pltaform that are different visually. I struggle to find time lately to do anything modding related.

Thanks for doing the compatibility mod.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I made some textures that looks a bit more natural. If you use them please credit me.
Attachments
building-platform-u.png
building-platform-u.png (62.08 KiB) Viewed 7701 times
building-platform-side.png
building-platform-side.png (32.38 KiB) Viewed 7701 times
building-platform-outer-corner.png
building-platform-outer-corner.png (7.13 KiB) Viewed 7701 times
building-platform-o.png
building-platform-o.png (11.18 KiB) Viewed 7701 times
building-platform-inner-corner.png
building-platform-inner-corner.png (55.06 KiB) Viewed 7701 times
building-platform-icon.png
building-platform-icon.png (5.01 KiB) Viewed 7701 times
building-platform4.png
building-platform4.png (142.62 KiB) Viewed 7701 times
building-platform2.png
building-platform2.png (37.92 KiB) Viewed 7701 times
building-platform1.png
building-platform1.png (37.67 KiB) Viewed 7701 times

Usernm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Usernm »

I fix building platform recipe, and try to build it on my save, where concrete already researched. Building platform not added to crafts. If i start new game and research it, everything works properly.

Usernm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Usernm »

Image - texture look nice.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

@Usernm

If you researched concrete then later activated the new recipe yes it won't show up. You need to research concrete again or activate the recipe, if you don't care about achievment run the following command :

/c game.player.force.recipes["building-platform"].enabled=true
If you care about achivement, add the following mod, load your save, press SHIFT + K, the recipe will show up in your inventory. After that you can remove the mod and the recipe will stay here. I don't know a way to detect a config change midgame to automatically activate the recipe. In 0.15 it will be possible to have the mod config ingame, hopefully an event will be fire on config change.
activate-bp-recipe_0.0.1.zip
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
@Earendel

Nice, if I use them I will give you credits : thanks and link in forum post, mods portal description and CREDITS file in mod. Link going to you mods folder on mods.factorio.com or someplace else ?

Do I have the right to edit the texture (still giving credits to you) ? They looks a bit too dark (hard to see were platform end in dirt) and it doesn't repeat very well (we can see sometime where a tile begin and end) so I will need to edit them before using them if I decide to use them.

I tried a week ago to begin working on natural tile texture, I try something "stony" but haven't been able to have something that satisfy me. there is a picture of it below, I haven't done border not making it tileable as I wanted something that I was ok with before making it perfect ;) So the following screen is just to see the overall looks. I think yours suit better in the map, it create less contrast than mine :
stony.jpg
stony.jpg (85.97 KiB) Viewed 7676 times
A ligther version a your texture looks like (I've done it fast just to see) :
new_ligth.jpg
new_ligth.jpg (218.51 KiB) Viewed 7676 times

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Yeah you can edit the texture, I'm just trying to help out really so you can do what you want with it.

I hadn't really thought about a link, I guess my profile on the mod portal is best, thanks.

Usernm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Usernm »

Neemys wrote: I don't know a way to detect a config change midgame to automatically activate the recipe.
I think migration script can check, if concrete already researched, then add recipe.

I find porblems with recipe before we actually research it in our game, but thank you for unlocking recipe mod anyway.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

@Earendel

Ok thanks, I will work on it then see.

@Usernm

Migration script are used when you need to run command, migrate entities for mod updating, they are only run when a mod release a new version. If you have last saved with my mod v1.0.2, then I release v1.0.3, when you will load with the new version the game will run v1.0.3 migration scrit if present. It does not run when you only change config file yourself. You could manually change the version and add a migration script that do the command needed but you then will have problem if I release a new version with the same name and include migration script as they will not run because you have the same. The game will even not update to the new mod version as they seem to only compare version, not mod content. I just think of a possible solution I will test later.

My mod for unlocking recipe can be easily edited for other if needed, feel free to do so to keep achievement, just edit the command run in control.lua.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.13][0.14] Building Platform v1.0.3

Post by Neemys »

New version available :

26-10-2016 - 1.0.3 (for 0.14); 0.9.3 (for 0.13) :
  • New Building Platform texture made by Earendel (thank you again) and sligthly edited by me. It's not the final texture but it's better than white concrete. Minimap color hasn't change, I keep the old color to make them distinguishable.
  • If you still want white concrete, there is a new config entry "oldTexture". When set to true, the old texture is used instead of the new one.
  • Removed ShadowTheAge name in author list in the mod as he shouldn't be contacted if a problem occur.
  • Added a credits file with a line for ShadowTheAge idea and Earendel's texture.
  • Added a key sequence to reload building platform recipe. If you activate the recipe midgame, you should press it. IT's "CTRL + ALT + K" by default but you can change it in controls options. It does not deactivate achievement. It only give the recipe if you researched the proper technology. Either concrete for default config or another technology if a mod move it. It check for every forces and only unlock for forces that should have it.

Haven't finish working on the texture so it is not really tiled so tile border are saw when zoomed in. Still better than using a white concrete.
No problem at using it in an existing save, however if you don't see the new tecture, remove crop-cache.dat from %appdata%/factorio folder.

Later this week or early next week there will be an update to building platform tweaks to add reload recipe by hotkey and an incompatibility with bobs mods' barrel.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

New version for building platform tweaks available

06-11-2016 - 1.0.2 (for 0.14); 0.9.2 (for 0.13) :
  • Added a key sequence to reload building platform tweaks recipes. If you activate the recipes midgame, you should press it. IT's "CTRL + ALT + L" by default but you can change it in controls options. It does not deactivate achievement. It only give the recipe if you researched the proper technology. It check for every forces and only unlock for forces that should have it.
  • The Oil Barreling machine now wait data-updates phase to edit Oil barrel empty and fill recipes in case another mod (like bob) redefine them completly. Those playing with bobs mods should now be able to use the oil barreling machine properly.
  • The new barrel recipes now wait data-updates phase to create themselves in case Oil barrel empty and fill recipes were edited by another mod as they take them as a template.
  • The Long Range Radar now wait data-updates phase to create itself in case a mod change vanilla radar as it use it as a template.

Dreadicon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dreadicon »

Cross-post for a tweak/mod-mod I made of RSO which makes the platforms blocky: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=38866

I think it adds a lot to the quality of the experience, personally. :)

system
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by system »

Could you add factorissimo buildings to be restricted? Or maybe there is some config change that I could do myself?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

I'm still alive (and back from vacation) ;)

I don't have time now to improve the mods because of work, I have read the last FFF and decided to wait for 0.15 to do anything on this mod as they will be some kind of not tiled floor (big problem for making natural platform is the fact that for now all floor are by grid) for the platform, change to the world generation. I will issue an update to add some mod compatibility next week but no new feature until 0.15. I do intend to continue this mod and do a 0.15 version when it is released as experimental.
Dreadicon wrote:Cross-post for a tweak/mod-mod I made of RSO which makes the platforms blocky: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=38866

I think it adds a lot to the quality of the experience, personally. :)
Thanks a lot ;)
system wrote:Could you add factorissimo buildings to be restricted? Or maybe there is some config change that I could do myself?
Yeah, factorissimo, the building are roboport. Either you change the config to block roboport (it will block regular roboport at the same time), or you add the following lines at the end of vanilla.lua in folder mods-config of Building platform to only block factorissimo buildings.

buildingplatform.blockOnly("roboport","small%-power%-plant")
buildingplatform.blockOnly("roboport","small%-factory")
I added blocking of factorissimo for next release by default.
I haven't test the code I gave you, I can't right now but it should work, let me know if it doesn't work.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Can you allow the pipes from Flow Control to be placed not on a platform?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Sure, Like I said before I can't release the fixed version until next week but in the meantime here a fix that will make them unblocked :

Remove storage tank from blocked building using my config for it or add :

buildingplatform.blockAllBut("storage-tank","check%-valve")
buildingplatform.blockAllBut("storage-tank","overflow%-valve")
buildingplatform.blockAllBut("storage-tank","express%-valve")
buildingplatform.blockAllBut("storage-tank","pipe%-elbow")
buildingplatform.blockAllBut("storage-tank","pipe%-junction")
buildingplatform.blockAllBut("storage-tank","pipe%-straight")
At the end of vanilla.lua in folder mods-config of Building platform, it will unblock all valve and pipe from flow-control, it should work but I can't test it right now.

Return to “Mods”