KaleR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.14.xx] Teams

Post by KaleR »

Infos
  • - Type: Mod
    - Name: Teams
    - Description: Create easily Teams on the fly and challenge each other. You could configure every thing on startup
    - License: MIT
    - Version: 2.1.0
    - Release: 2016-09-14
    - Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.14.1
    - Category: Helper, General
    - Tags: map generation, PVP, forces
    - Portal Download: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/KaleR/Teams
    - Download:
    Teams_2.1.0.zip
    (43.09 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
With the help of this mod, you could easily create teams and challenge your friends.

The way it works:
- each new player will be teleported to a Lobby
- first player who connect could configure teams and some other parameters
- after the first player finish the setup, every player get the notifitcation that the teams will be unlocked,
- the mod waits until the team areas are generated and then it searches a non colliding spot to set as spawn area.
- if the mod doesnt find any non colliding spots the player must restart the map
- then the mod clears out trees (radius is configurable), kill aliens (radius is configurable) and does a initial scanup (raduis is configurable);
- team areas are balanced. The Mod takes an area located on the map and copy the resources to each team area
- team areas are completely random with a minimal and a maximal distance to the other player (configurable)
- after the teams are unlocked every player can choose his team. (he has also the possibility to join a random team (with lowest number of player). When Admin has enabled team balancing, he could not choose the team with the highest number of player
- when a player chose a team, the player will be teleported to the generated team area
- goal of this game is the same as in the base mod, every player needs to launch a rocket, there will be an info box which team has launched how many rockets

Ingame functionalities

Team Chat
The mod adds the possibility to enable team chats.
There is a button on the left top of the screen which will open a gui in the center where the player can type in a message only for his force members

Alliance
The mod adds the possibility to enable alliances.
If enabled, at the left top postion of the screen will be a button which will open a gui where the player can view the other forces.
The way it works:
- Player can request alliance with other force
- Player can abort the request
- Player can decline a request
- Player can accept a request
- Player can terminate alliance
- Every change (execpt of abort and decline) will result in a delay of five minutes. In these five minutes non of the two forces can terminate or request a new alliance

Research messages
every time a team started or finished a research, every force will be notificated. This functionality is configurable (on/off)

Attack message
every time a building of a force (ecept neutral) is destroyed by an other force, every force will be notificated. This functionality can be turned on or off

Screenshots
Known Issues
Todos
Version history
License
Alternative Downloads
Last edited by KaleR on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
My Mods: Teams, Statistic

tamat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.xx] Teams

Post by tamat »

what about turrents and gates? do they shoot / open accordingly based on the team?

KaleR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KaleR »

when a team places a gate, this gate opens only for this team (even if you start an alliance)

A turret attack every other building which will cause damage to you (a turret only attacks other turrets or player). When you start an alliance, the turrents won't shot at anything.

LynxBlue
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LynxBlue »

i have a bug, when you restart the world and then have the other people try to join, it sends them into a massive loop of the desync thing, and you cant join teams or anything, it does it every second and its quite annoyng, but i love the mod when it works :)

Essyx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Essyx »

Can you explain how the mod places enemy teams? Is it a radius from the first player? Otherwise, this is really great!

Essyx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Essyx »

Actually, When my friend and I try to play together we are stuck in a constant desync loop. I have disabled all other mods. (Sadface)

KaleR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.xx] Teams

Post by KaleR »

Hello Guys,

I have rewritten this mod for factorio version 0.14 complete.
There are no Desync warnings anymore.

The mod places the teams in a given radius from a random starting point (at the moment a random point from (between x (220,1060) y (220,1060) )
Additionaly, the mod controls that every team has the (at least) the random distance value.

Regards,
KaleR

EDIT: I have uploaded a fixed zip for factorio version 0.13

EmuLegs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EmuLegs »

Hello, my friends and I want to start a 32 high map using EasyTeams to set up 2 teams, however after making the teams and setting up the settings the host has sat there for about 30 mins and the game just saying "Area for (Team Name) is not charted yet. wait another 10 seconds"

after waiting 30 mins, it seems like it can't chart the area so i thought i would drop you a line so you can make this addon better ^_^

EmuLegs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EmuLegs »

Hi, 2nd Bug, mod takes items provided by https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Peppe/PeppeBotStart
and on joining a team dose not give them back

Schmoggel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Schmoggel »

Work this great Mod on linux Server?

Return to “Mods”