[MOD 0.13.X] Killkrog's Blueprint Manager

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.X] Killkrog's Blueprint Manager

Post by Killkrog »

gallomimia wrote:Seems like I can't flip blueprints anymore at all with your mod? At least, not while they are in books. What's up with that? How come I'm the only one who noticed??
Just testet it, works fine.

gallomimia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gallomimia »

Just tried it again. It works fine when the blueprint is out of the book, but if I put it in a book, it doesn't work. How could it be possible that I'm the only one who this fails for? I've updated and reupdated the mod. I'm going to try a fresh copy again right now.

gallomimia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gallomimia »

Negative. It doesn't work, but maybe because I am using 0.15.16. I will test with the latest.

gallomimia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gallomimia »

An update to game version 0.15.19 did not solve my issue.
What exactly do you think works? Here's what doesn't work. I have blueprints in a book, several of them grouped for making belt pathways 2 wide or 3 wide or so on. When the prints are in a book, I cannot pick the book from my toolbelt, scroll thru them using a mouse button, and flip them to place. Flipping doesn't work. If I peel the print out of the book, and hold it on my cursor, now it works just fine. Why! I just replaced my plugin KBM 0.13.2 and it still won't work. What could be wrong?

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Can you please export the string for the whole book (use the in game function for that) and post it here.
That way I can have a closer look at it.

gallomimia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gallomimia »

Which one? Every book is like that... I'm getting up to 10-12 books now. Here's one with some blue belts and corners.

Code: Select all

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
Also can you take me aside and explain to me whats up with the differences between string functions? I just don't get it.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

A zip with your mods/saves might help

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Just to keep you updated.
It appears that regardless of what blueprint is selected within the book, only the blueprint in the first slot of the book gets modified. I'll have to dig a bit deeper.
Just wanted to let you know you're not forgotten.

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Just uploaded the new version. Please try it and report back if you still encounter errors.

Dahn94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dahn94 »

Pressing the hotkey (usually accidentally) for flipping a blueprint without having a blueprint on the cursor (usually has been rail or ghosted rail) causes the game to crash. From the game log:

KBlueprints::kblueprints_flip_horizontally (ID 74)
Given item is not a blueprint.
stack traceback:
	__KBlueprints__/control.lua:495: in function 'getBlueprintStackFromCursor'
	__KBlueprints__/control.lua:361: in function 'flip'
	__KBlueprints__/control.lua:458: in function 'flipHorizontally'
	__KBlueprints__/control.lua:1162: in function <__KBlueprints__/control.lua:1162>
10389.177 Goodbye
If I'm reading the code and other calls to is_blueprint_setup() correctly, I think line control.lua:495 should be:

if stack.valid_for_read and (stack.name == "blueprint") and stack.is_blueprint_setup() then
Seemed to work for me locally.
thanks!

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Dahn94 wrote:Pressing the hotkey (usually accidentally) for flipping a blueprint without having a blueprint on the cursor (usually has been rail or ghosted rail) causes the game to crash.
Just installed the mod and ran into this within five minutes. In addition to the suggested code change, I propose that the default binding for blueprint flipping be changed so it does not collide with the default mapping Shift-R for reverse rotate. (Factorissimo2 also uses Shift-R and Control-R, fwiw, but I've double-bound Control-R for now because Factorissimo2 does nothing if the connection setting actions do not apply.)

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Killkrog wrote:Just to keep you updated.
It appears that regardless of what blueprint is selected within the book, only the blueprint in the first slot of the book gets modified. I'll have to dig a bit deeper.
Just wanted to let you know you're not forgotten.
Killkrog wrote:Just uploaded the new version. Please try it and report back if you still encounter errors.
Does the update you did fix the blueprint flipping problem ? Or is it referring/fix something else ?
Because it still doesn't flip; either with hotkey or with GUI button, not even flip the first slot like you mentioned.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Hi Killkrog,

First I'd like to say that I've been using your mod for a few weeks now and so far am liking it better than the in-game blueprint manager. It's easier for some reason to find, manipulate, and overall work with blueprints using your interface than the Dev's.

That said, I'm not sure if you're still actively developing this anymore (I kind of hope you are). I'd like to request if you could add some kind of tabbed system to your interface that would allow us to sort/separate blueprints similar to the way blueprint books would allow us to. As is, if I have a book in hand and click the Add button, it just pops the Import String window, and to be honest I'd rather not see a list of books and blueprints mixed together, anyways.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Pe334
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pe334 »

Hi,

I love this MOd but have one "stupid" question as a KBM-Newbie :)
How do I get blueprint from the KBM-List under my cursor to place it?

THX ..

Return to “Mods”