[MOD 0.13.X] Killkrog's Blueprint Manager

Topics and discussion about specific mods
doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.X] Killkrog's Blueprint Manager

Post by doktorstick »

Howdy. Could you add a couple of (hopefully) minor features, perhaps under an option sub-menu to the right of the flip icons?

1) Keybind to open/close KBM window;
2) Auto-dismiss KBM window when restoring to blueprint;
3) Can use non-empty blueprints;
4) Load the cursor with the selected blueprint.

Right now my workflow is:

1) Shift-RMB to clear blueprint;
2) Select now empty blueprint;
3) Click on KBM icon (to open)
3) Select blueprint;
4) Click on KBM icon (to close)
5) Place blueprint

With these changes I could reduce it to:

1) Press keybind;
2) Select blueprint;
3) Place blueprint

Cheers!

Humpfry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Humpfry »

Hey,

So I was having frustrations with flipping rails with the signals and stations so I did a little bit of changes to your mod to fix the issue. Currently tested on 0.14.9, if you want to update your mod with the changes, here is the updated zip.
KBlueprints_1.14.1.zip
(67.03 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Updated the Direction for horizontal and vertical Attributes

Code: Select all

Horizontal:
		{ --{{{ rail-signal, rail-chain-signal
			[1] = {
				["rail-signal"] = true,
				["rail-chain-signal"] = true
			},
			[2] = {
				[1] = { 0,  0, 4},
				[2] = { 0,  0, 3},
				[3] = { 0,  0, 2},
				[4] = { 0,  0, 1},
				[5] = { 0,  0, 0},
				[6] = { 0,  0, 7},
				[7] = { 0,  0, 6},
				[8] = { 0,  0, 5}
			},
			[3] = nil
		}, --}}}
		{ --{{{ train-stop
			[1] = {
				["train-stop"] = true
			},
			[2] = {
				[1] = { 0,  0, 4},
				[3] = { 0,  0, 2},
				[5] = { 0,  0, 0},
				[7] = { 0,  0, 6}
			},
			[3] = nil
		}, --}}}

Vertical:
		{ --{{{ rail-signal, rail-chain-signal
			[1] = {
				["rail-signal"] = true,
				["rail-chain-signal"] = true
			},
			[2] = {
				[1] = { 0,  0, 0},
				[2] = { 0,  0, 7},
				[3] = { 0,  0, 6},
				[4] = { 0,  0, 5},
				[5] = { 0,  0, 4},
				[6] = { 0,  0, 3},
				[7] = { 0,  0, 2},
				[8] = { 0,  0, 1}
			},
			[3] = nil
		}, --}}}
		{ --{{{ train-stop
			[1] = {
				["train-stop"] = true
			},
			[2] = {
				[1] = { 0,  0, 0},
				[3] = { 0,  0, 6},
				[5] = { 0,  0, 4},
				[7] = { 0,  0, 2}
			},
			[3] = nil
		}, --}}}

removed the error msg

local showWarning

if (entity.name == "rail-signal") or (entity.name == "rail-chain-signal") or (entity.name == "train-stop") then
	showWarning = true
end

-- show warning if rail signals and/or train stops were flipped
if showWarning then
	player.print({"msg_warning_flipped"})
end

Thanks for a great mod!

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

@ Humpfry
Thanks, I'll have a look at it!

rallerynkeby
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rallerynkeby »

Is there a chance that a feature that makes it so, that the saved/stored blueprints will be available and visible for all players in a multiplayer server?
I think that I have seen this feature among some youtubers, but I am not sure if it is in this mod, or an extension to this. Anyway, any form of response will be appreciated :)

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

rallerynkeby wrote:Is there a chance that a feature that makes it so, that the saved/stored blueprints will be available and visible for all players in a multiplayer server?
I think that I have seen this feature among some youtubers, but I am not sure if it is in this mod, or an extension to this. Anyway, any form of response will be appreciated :)
Hi!

Honestly, I'm not planning on putting too much more effort into this addon anymore because of what I saw they plan to do in 0.15. The preview of the built-in blueprint book looks pretty nice already, if they manage to smoothen some rough edges here and there it should make all blueprint addons out there obsolete.

Now an information that perhaps could still help you. I deliberately wrote my addon in a way so that when ANYONE saves their blueprint to a file, that file will be written on EVERY clients computer currently connected to the game. So if you want to share your blueprints, just save your blueprint. Or if you want to try someone elses blueprint, just ask them to save it, so you can copy the string from the file and import it.

Im still not sure about how I will fare with this addon once the 0.15 patch hits. I guess it depends on how much we can access the new future with the API.

Anyway, cheers =)

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

Killkrog wrote:Honestly, I'm not planning on putting too much more effort into this addon anymore because of what I saw they plan to do in 0.15. The preview of the built-in blueprint book looks pretty nice already, if they manage to smoothen some rough edges here and there it should make all blueprint addons out there obsolete.
Well, that entirely depends on if they will also add the possibility to share blueprint STRINGS. And also, if they'll allow you to mirror/flip the blueprints.

It's not only about taking the blueprints from one save to the other, but also to be able to share them (on forums, reddit, imgur...).

So unless they add blueprint sharing to the game, all the blueprint mods will still be necessary indefinitely. What has been announced in FFF is only useful for your private games or to be able to share on multiplayer servers.

BTW if there's any change you still need to make to KBM, then it should be to make the strings compatible with Blueprint String (and forget about the version detection).

Because right now, exporting with KBM in order to share with others is not really a smart move (since Blueprint String is a lot more common and usually people assume that you need that for importing any strings).

In all other areas (UI, functionality, etc.), KBM is top notch, but the incompatibility with Blueprint String is a major killer.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by micomico »

siggboy wrote:BTW if there's any change you still need to make to KBM, then it should be to make the strings compatible with Blueprint String (and forget about the version detection).
This.

I currently have both Blueprint String and KBM installed. Blueprint String for importing and exporting to the world outside and KBM to do smart things in game. If I could have just one of these mods, it would be great.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

How do I import an entry. Not a book, a single blueprint. I exported a refinery setup:

H4sIAAAAAAAA/52U0Y7yIBCFX8VwDYZW7X9heIl9AYNltpkEB0LpRtP47ourq2t/rNa7JpyvZzgHMG5mXa3tbKP6ePCg2NZ24ANSZNzoqFUPFDEitKrvSe+SwqMHEZ1o
guvIMO5dmwSOVL9XYjFf8YMS/+arIzcYoP5ZKY/8DzxAyhtyJ3voUWQ9qivc7rS1AmxaCFgL7+zQ8jJlNbTMT3Ync2hFgE8kCIf8XIv7uZY8feEpWm2+NNVgxOkfPrga
2hapYZN2XU1IVj7Y5iMPmbWoXpvvHJYcY7MtyCclXLr6T/YsqJcB+ZZejvXwJKTyLVbm2NGAiysxJblicH5fY881Ld86OjLHjp3sGzChseG9TCzWjk4PW4sNafv7BGKE
HeOZ654AMrBXRUKt3oJV7OO6dlwHiF2g2WYNZL4BHHubj1kFAAA=

I cannot find where I can import this. The export goes to a file in script-output/KBlueprints, as documented. But... how the ***** do I import this? If I can't import it with KBM, then why export it in the first place?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:How do I import an entry. Not a book, a single blueprint. I exported a refinery setup:

H4sIAAAAAAAA/52U0Y7yIBCFX8VwDYZW7X9heIl9AYNltpkEB0LpRtP47ourq2t/rNa7JpyvZzgHMG5mXa3tbKP6ePCg2NZ24ANSZNzoqFUPFDEitKrvSe+SwqMHEZ1o
guvIMO5dmwSOVL9XYjFf8YMS/+arIzcYoP5ZKY/8DzxAyhtyJ3voUWQ9qivc7rS1AmxaCFgL7+zQ8jJlNbTMT3Ync2hFgE8kCIf8XIv7uZY8feEpWm2+NNVgxOkfPrga
2hapYZN2XU1IVj7Y5iMPmbWoXpvvHJYcY7MtyCclXLr6T/YsqJcB+ZZejvXwJKTyLVbm2NGAiysxJblicH5fY881Ld86OjLHjp3sGzChseG9TCzWjk4PW4sNafv7BGKE
HeOZ654AMrBXRUKt3oJV7OO6dlwHiF2g2WYNZL4BHHubj1kFAAA=

I cannot find where I can import this. The export goes to a file in script-output/KBlueprints, as documented. But... how the ***** do I import this? If I can't import it with KBM, then why export it in the first place?

Due to a Factorio limitiation files can't be automatically read.

What you have to do is open the exported blueprint in a text editor, copy the blueprint-string, and click on the + symbol in KBM (without a blueprint in your hand) and ctrl-v to paste the string into the text box.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

0.15? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:0.15? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
Soon ;)

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

New .15 version on mod portal getting an error.

Fix, the technology "automated-construction" is now "construction-robotics"

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

An immediate fix it is, but the dependency should probably be removed since blueprints are now free and available from the beginning.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Congrats on the .15 release.

Saw and agree with your comments on the .15 library interface.

Coming back to the mod after not seeing it for a while you have a nice clean interface and good icons.

One thing I miss in your mod that foreman has is a nice one click to load and use a blueprint. It has options when you load a blueprint to: overwrite blueprint if none free, put loaded blueprint as cursor/selected item, and close the interface). So you could open KBM click the blueprint and the blueprint overwrites a blueprint if it had to, selects to your cursor, and interface closes out of the way in one click.

You might consider making dropping a blueprint on the delete button update the blueprint instead of deleting it, but may not be worth the effort with library management eventually being owned by vanilla.

nyghtwulf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nyghtwulf »

Running into an error with latest version off the mod portal and factorio .15.5:

Error while running the on_configuration_changed: __KBlueprints__/control.lua:1087: attempt to index field 'automated-construction' (a nil value)
This happens when trying to load a save that has not had the mod installed on prior.

funkanaton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by funkanaton »

nyghtwulf wrote:Running into an error with latest version off the mod portal and factorio .15.5:

Error while running the on_configuration_changed: __KBlueprints__/control.lua:1087: attempt to index field 'automated-construction' (a nil value)
This happens when trying to load a save that has not had the mod installed on prior.
Yea me too, need that flipper! :D

jarquafelmu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jarquafelmu »

When I try to flip a blueprint I get crashed to the main menu. The error is

KBlueprints::kblueprints_flip_horizontally (ID 102) __KBlueprints__/control.lua:597:attempt to index local 'inv' (a nil value)
I also crash when attempting to flip vertically.

AxeSlash
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AxeSlash »

I also get an error when flipping blueprints, but it seems to ONLY happen when I'm trying to flip the active blueprint in a book. Flipping blueprints that are NOT in a book seems to still work, although I haven't tested it exhaustively to see if it's any particular object that causes it.

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

AxeSlash wrote:... it seems to ONLY happen when I'm trying to flip the active blueprint in a book...
Thanks, that was the pointer in the right direction. New version is up.

gallomimia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gallomimia »

Killkrog wrote:
AxeSlash wrote:... it seems to ONLY happen when I'm trying to flip the active blueprint in a book...
Thanks, that was the pointer in the right direction. New version is up.
Seems like I can't flip blueprints anymore at all with your mod? At least, not while they are in books. What's up with that? How come I'm the only one who noticed??

Return to “Mods”