[MOD 0.13.X] Killkrog's Blueprint Manager

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.X] Killkrog's Blueprint Manager

Post by Killkrog »

sebgggg wrote:...flip the lines ... otherwise it fails ... when a blueprint is only tiles
Very nice find! I never include tiles into my blueprints, so I could not encounter this problem.
The fixed version is uploaded already. Thanks for helping me to make the mod better, I really appreciate it!
sebgggg wrote:It also destroys the empty blueprints when loading a book, but that's ok.
Yeah, I actually like it like that. As in... you get exactly the book back that you saved before.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Killkrog wrote:
Neemys wrote:Are you working on a fix right now?
???

Already fixed since yesterday. Even answered you on the portal. Just download newest version ^^
Oh sorry haven't see it, for unknown reason, just F5 the discussion doesn't make your answer show up. CLosing the tab and going to the discussion did it. Thanks for your hard work.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Unifire
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Unifire »

i was wondering if this mod can export a blueprint in a save file and then import that blueprint in another save file?

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Unifire wrote:i was wondering if this mod can export a blueprint in a save file and then import that blueprint in another save file?
Let me quote my description of the mod from the mod portal...
Killkrog wrote:What does it do?
KBM allows you to save blueprints/blueprint books that you create, so that you can use them later again, even if you did not save the actual item itself all the time. Those saved entries can be exported to and imported from files again, to make it easier to use your favourite layouts on different maps.
The mod also lets you flip blueprints horizontally and vertically.
Yes you can.

Unifire
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Unifire »

Killkrog wrote:
Unifire wrote:i was wondering if this mod can export a blueprint in a save file and then import that blueprint in another save file?
Let me quote my description of the mod from the mod portal...
Killkrog wrote:What does it do?
KBM allows you to save blueprints/blueprint books that you create, so that you can use them later again, even if you did not save the actual item itself all the time. Those saved entries can be exported to and imported from files again, to make it easier to use your favourite layouts on different maps.
The mod also lets you flip blueprints horizontally and vertically.
Yes you can.
thank god i can read the description because i already read it so i presumed it could be done but hey after trying it in game i get an error so hey who i'm to questioning it could be done?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

thank god i can read the description because i already read it so i presumed it could be done but hey after trying it in game i get an error so hey who i'm to questioning it could be done?
Your post didn't say anything about an error though........ so what is the error?

Also you have to manually import as there is currently no way for a mod to read a file.

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

When I click the button in multiplayer I get this:

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

@Qloshae
That is a weird error...
It basically means that it has no database created for the player that clicked the button.
Now that should not be possible, because I create such a database both when the mod is loaded for the first time AND when a new player is created. There should just be no way that happens...
Can you think of any particular weird stuff that happened to this save game? Like renaming players or stuff like that?
Also, if you upload the save game I could have a closer look at it.

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

Killkrog wrote:@Qloshae
That is a weird error...
It basically means that it has no database created for the player that clicked the button.
Now that should not be possible, because I create such a database both when the mod is loaded for the first time AND when a new player is created. There should just be no way that happens...
Can you think of any particular weird stuff that happened to this save game? Like renaming players or stuff like that?
Also, if you upload the save game I could have a closer look at it.
That's the thing, it is super sporadic.
I would have it constantly, I did all types of troubleshooting, I disabled mods, tried to enable it when starting, tried to enable it on an existing save, it would constantly crash.
Then suddenly, nothing.
Then I started a map scan on a map and later clicked the button, got the error again.
While doing this I was speeding up the game, but yea.

Tried the last autosave, but then it crashed, both times I tried.
Tried the one before it, same.
Heres's a link to one of the autosaves: https://www.dropbox.com/s/26ws157fe831w ... 1.zip?dl=0
When I tried to post it here, the page crashed.

Come to think of it, I did also change force.

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Qloshae wrote:That's the thing, it is super sporadic.
I would have it constantly, I did all types of troubleshooting, I disabled mods, tried to enable it when starting, tried to enable it on an existing save, it would constantly crash.
Then suddenly, nothing.
Then I started a map scan on a map and later clicked the button, got the error again.
While doing this I was speeding up the game, but yea.

Tried the last autosave, but then it crashed, both times I tried.
Tried the one before it, same.
Heres's a link to one of the autosaves: https://www.dropbox.com/s/26ws157fe831w ... 1.zip?dl=0
When I tried to post it here, the page crashed.

Come to think of it, I did also change force.
The force thing shouldn't matter. I don't really support changing forces (I don't recheck if blueprints are researched) but that has nothing to do with our problem.

I'm looking into it right now.
First had to shrink the map size from 170mb to 68mb. Load times were insane...
From what I saw in my tests, and it baffled me... If a new player joins a mp game, at least in this case, no on_player_created event was fired. I have no clue why... Anyway, that fucks up my player initialization.
After tinkering around a lot, I started using the on_player_joined_game event. Seems to always work and makes sure that the database is created correctly.
I hope that is what fucked up your save game. I didn't test it with all the mods you are playing with, but they should not be able to interfer anyway.
Still doesn't explain why it would only happening sporadically. Well, I'm going to catch some goats for future sacrifices already...

Please test the newest version and report back after you tested it for a while.

Other than that, thanks for your help to make the mod better. I'm really thankful =)

Cheers!

realm174
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by realm174 »

Not sure if this is intended, but I play Factorio on linux. As you probably know, linux uses / instead of \ for separator. When I export my collection of blueprints, it creates a file called

KBlueprints\collection\realm174.txt

in my script-output folder. That's the actual filename, not a path...

thanks!

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

@realm174
I will look into it and hopefully have it fixed for the next release.
As always, thanks for helping me making the mod better!

// edit
Done and uploaded!

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

Killkrog wrote:Please test the newest version and report back after you tested it for a while.

Other than that, thanks for your help to make the mod better. I'm really thankful =)

Cheers!
Been playing for over 6 hours straight now, haven't gotten any issues. :)
Whatever it was, game seems to be happy now. :) (also, really awesome mod).

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

@Qloshae
Cool, happy we managed to fix it =)

sebgggg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sebgggg »

Hi,

I am making some sort of "standard library" for modding, and i would like to know if you minded sharing the whole serpent->gzip->base64 stack?
i found a pure lua gunzip module (https://github.com/davidm/lua-compress-deflatelua) but i could not find the deflate part...

I need it to make a system to (almost) automatically share data between games :)

Thank you!

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

sebgggg wrote:Hi,

I am making some sort of "standard library" for modding, and i would like to know if you minded sharing the whole serpent->gzip->base64 stack?
i found a pure lua gunzip module (https://github.com/davidm/lua-compress-deflatelua) but i could not find the deflate part...

I need it to make a system to (almost) automatically share data between games :)

Thank you!
Hi!
All the encoding/decoding is done in libs/kbio.lua.
Check the two functions "fromString" and "toString", should be easy to extract the code that you want.
If not, feel free to further ask for help!

Cheers =)

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Killkrog, are you doing a release for the 0.14 branch?

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Ratzap wrote:Killkrog, are you doing a release for the 0.14 branch?
Guess I will do that now.
The problem is, that we don't have an option to tell a mod to be okay with either 0.13 or 0.14.
So I would have to maintain two mods that only differ in the base game version, which I won't to because lazy :D
I uploaded KBM 1.14.1 now. That is marked as compatible to 0.14. There are no other changes in that version.
For folks still playing on 0.13, just use the old KBM version 1.1.13.
Wube said that stuff will be fixed in the next versions of 0.13 and 0.14, so hopefully no fiddeling around with different mod versions anymore!

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Killkrog wrote:
Ratzap wrote:Killkrog, are you doing a release for the 0.14 branch?
Guess I will do that now.
The problem is, that we don't have an option to tell a mod to be okay with either 0.13 or 0.14.
So I would have to maintain two mods that only differ in the base game version, which I won't to because lazy :D
I uploaded KBM 1.14.1 now. That is marked as compatible to 0.14. There are no other changes in that version.
For folks still playing on 0.13, just use the old KBM version 1.1.13.
Wube said that stuff will be fixed in the next versions of 0.13 and 0.14, so hopefully no fiddeling around with different mod versions anymore!
Yeah I saw that in the list of bugs. PITA to maintain multiple versions that differ only in the json. Anyway, thanks.

sebgggg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sebgggg »

Killkrog wrote:
sebgggg wrote:Hi,

Thank you!
Hi!
All the encoding/decoding is done in libs/kbio.lua.
Check the two functions "fromString" and "toString", should be easy to extract the code that you want.
If not, feel free to further ask for help!

Cheers =)
Yes i read your code :D i meant the repository, but nevermind.
Thanks for sharing! If you're interested in said library : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31980

Return to “Mods”