[MOD 0.14.x] Bottleneck

Topics and discussion about specific mods
wlfbck
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Bottleneck

Post by wlfbck »

Yeap updating works for that. I reported the factorio bug responsible for that actually: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44870

It was fixed in 0.15.3.

dauphin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dauphin »

Sorry for the delay in reporting on this - I just kept forgetting to actually let the game update. Sure enough, updating did the trick!

Refrag
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Refrag »

I've noticed that the hotkey for Bottleneck is the same as the hotkey for showing the blueprint library in 0.15.

And because the hotkey's are the same and i've been pressing it plenty of times i've noticed a small bug on (at least) electric mining drills.
When there are no more expected resources on a drill and it shows a red dot, pressing B twice will make the dot disappear and will never reappear, making it difficult to spot depleted mines.

My solution to this has been to disable the hotkeys altogether by commenting out these 2 lines in control.lua:
script.on_event("bottleneck-hotkey", on_hotkey)
script.on_event("bottleneck-highcontrast", toggle_highcontrast)

Seeing as how i do not feel the need to disable the dots, i am perfectly fine with this :P

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Refrag wrote:I've noticed that the hotkey for Bottleneck is the same as the hotkey for showing the blueprint library in 0.15.

And because the hotkey's are the same and i've been pressing it plenty of times i've noticed a small bug on (at least) electric mining drills.
When there are no more expected resources on a drill and it shows a red dot, pressing B twice will make the dot disappear and will never reappear, making it difficult to spot depleted mines.

My solution to this has been to disable the hotkeys altogether by commenting out these 2 lines in control.lua:

Seeing as how i do not feel the need to disable the dots, i am perfectly fine with this :P

Even easier would be to change the bottleneck hotkey in game to something else.

Refrag
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Refrag »

Nexela wrote:
Refrag wrote:I've noticed that the hotkey for Bottleneck is the same as the hotkey for showing the blueprint library in 0.15.

Even easier would be to change the bottleneck hotkey in game to something else.
True, however i couldn't decide on what new hotkey to pick, so i just disabled it altogether.

trold
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trold »

Toggling will be moved to settings in a GUI, since the mod needs more configuration anyway. Question is just whether I get around to do it before Nexela does ;)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Nexela might be getting around to it today :)

Chartas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chartas »

Well the hotkey is gone and I'm sad, =(

It's very time consuming to go to the options menu and look for the correct setting every single time i want to turn of bottleneck (which hapopens quite frequently).
My personal suggestion would be to either introduce a new empty hotkey setting in the controls menu under mods, so everyone can pick their own favourite now that B is gone, or default bind to ALT key. It would fit in my opinion since bottleneck also supplies extra information.

trold
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trold »

Chartas wrote:Well the hotkey is gone and I'm sad, =(

It's very time consuming to go to the options menu and look for the correct setting every single time i want to turn of bottleneck (which hapopens quite frequently).
My personal suggestion would be to either introduce a new empty hotkey setting in the controls menu under mods, so everyone can pick their own favourite now that B is gone, or default bind to ALT key. It would fit in my opinion since bottleneck also supplies extra information.
You're right; it's annoying to go through the options menu. The hotkey will soon make a glorious return :)

Chartas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chartas »

trold wrote:You're right; it's annoying to go through the options menu. The hotkey will soon make a glorious return :)
Praise to the glorious hotkey!

dispensershell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dispensershell »

yay! Being able to use <Alt> would be cool. I wonder if the game prevents it from being used for two things at once.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

No but alt is a really bad choice :P

Default will probably be CTRL-ALT-B and you can change it whatever you like :)

dispensershell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dispensershell »

it's definitely a personal choice. I feel as though when I'm looking at bottleneck info, I also want be looking at the Alt overview anyway.

trold
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trold »

The problem with having it bound to Alt_L is that it gets out of sync with the regular extra information (i.e., is off when the other is on and vice versa).

Chartas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chartas »

trold wrote:The problem with having it bound to Alt_L is that it gets out of sync with the regular extra information (i.e., is off when the other is on and vice versa).
That should be relatively easy to fix. If bottleneck is never shown at beginning of a new game and the last state is propagated through save games it would always be synced.

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Marc90 »

The problem is when you add bottleneck to an existing save. Bottleneck doesn't know then if detailed view is on or off.

dispensershell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dispensershell »

Temporarily change the hotkey in order to sync it.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I can tie it to the entity overlays but How to handle MP since not everyone will have the overlay on/off.

dispensershell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dispensershell »

Is there any way to make the bottleneck icons individual to each user in MP?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Nope

Return to “Mods”