[MOD 0.14.x] Bottleneck

Topics and discussion about specific mods
BlackHat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Bottleneck

Post by BlackHat »

Just noticed that Contact link in the in-game mod list, mod description is from a old link (before the forum categories were rearranged (around 0.14?)

in the Info.json it lists :
viewtopic.php?f=144&t=28817
SHould be :
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=28817

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

for me, both links point to pages with identical content
(an internal redirection of the forum ? or because only t=28817 is important and f=xxx is ignored ?)

viewtopic.php?t=28817
leads to the same pages :-)

BlackHat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BlackHat »

Thats strange, the first time I tried the first link, (typing it into a browser) it gave me a factorio 404 error page.
I then copied that address from the browser to the post, so I am pretty sure it was not mistyped..

karmapool
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Feature suggestion.

Post by karmapool »

Is it technically possible for Bottleneck to show power outage for a machine whilst replacing the large (annoying) vanilla power outage indicator?

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

Wasn't sure if this belongs in the Bug Reports forum or here...

I noticed that when Bottleneck is enabled during the campaign, it has status indicators for the
entities that Compilatron has yet to "build"
My guess is, this is how they've managed to do the scripted bits where Compilatron builds for you after gathering the required bits.

I've searched through the forum and, at least so far, haven't seen anyone report this specifically.

It's unfortunately a bit of an unintentional foreshadowing that did somewhat "spoil" some of the surprises in the new campaign. As they continue to work on the NPE throughout 0.17/0.18 I'd imagine that this is likely going to get worse.

Is this something that could be handled in this mod, or something that should be handled by Wube, if at all?

Spoiler image:
Image of what is described

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

i didn't see that effect since i played the scenario without mods, but i also found that that little guy looked cute at first and then is pretty reckless, destroying half of what i had built to put down his idea of what it should look like :-(

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

Anson wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:35 pm
i didn't see that effect since i played the scenario without mods, but i also found that that little guy looked cute at first and then is pretty reckless, destroying half of what i had built to put down his idea of what it should look like :-(
Yeah... being able to see that there was _something_ there allowed me to build off to the side so that didn't happen to me, but without bottleneck giving this away, I would have been in the same boat.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Feature suggestion.

Post by BlueTemplar »

Expecting mods to work with tutorial / campaign /scenarios might be going a bit too far...
karmapool wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 pm
Is it technically possible for Bottleneck to show power outage for a machine whilst replacing the large (annoying) vanilla power outage indicator?
I don't know, but you might be interested in this mod !
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/KingIonT ... sUnplugged
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:11 am
karmapool wrote:
show power outage for a machine whilst replacing the large (annoying) vanilla power outage indicator?
I don't know, but you might be interested in this mod ! https://mods.factorio.com/mods/KingIonT ... sUnplugged
this mod is not yet updated for 0.17, but this functionality should also be included in Picker Extended (second to last line in its description reads "Add option to make no power icon smaller (Ion's UI Tweaks, Less Unplugged)" which refers to the above mod), and/or Picker Tweaks, and/or those mods which were mentioned in this description.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

It would be nice, though clearly not essential, to supplement the current indicators with the values for the logistic, and circuit, disable conditions. At least for miners there is very little other indication they are disabled by them, and I spent an annoyingly long time staring at a shiny yellow dot trying to figure out what was wrong before I finally noticed the logistic condition was enabled, but the machine one tile outside the range of the network. -_-

I can point you to the code if you want, but this is the combination of the control behavior of the entity (if any) and the circuit and logistic enable/disable flags, and their paired conditions. *shrug*

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

This not-a-bug report also comes to mind ! :D
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72966
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

Will this mod be High Res in the future?
Sorry if this might have been asked before.

squirrelnut1416
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by squirrelnut1416 »

HI, I'm getting a crash in 18.1

https://imgur.com/a/nFenycr

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Expecting mods to work with tutorial / campaign /scenarios might be going a bit too far...
karmapool wrote:
I don't know, but you might be interested in this mod !
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/KingIonT ... sUnplugged
Anson wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:52 pm
BlueTemplar wrote:
karmapool wrote:
show power outage for a machine whilst replacing the large (annoying) vanilla power outage indicator?
I don't know, but you might be interested in this mod ! https://mods.factorio.com/mods/KingIonT ... sUnplugged
this mod is not yet updated for 0.17, but this functionality should also be included in Picker Extended (second to last line in its description reads "Add option to make no power icon smaller (Ion's UI Tweaks, Less Unplugged)" which refers to the above mod), and/or Picker Tweaks, and/or those mods which were mentioned in this description.

I use this sexy mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SmoothWarnings

All so just want to say the .18 mod is amazing compared to the original well doners.

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

How do I make my mod settings for this mod to stay for each game, not just per map?

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Usul wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:11 pm
How do I make my mod settings for this mod to stay for each game, not just per map?
if you change mod settings while in a map, the changes apply only to the current map.
if you change mod settings while in the factorio main menu, those will be the new defaults that are used on new maps.

a special case are the "startup" settings: they change the entire game and can't be changed in a map, but only in the main menu and then will apply also to all maps you load later. to avoid this, you probably (i haven't tested this) can use "load game" with the options to "sync mods" and "also sync settings"

Return to “Mods”