Post by ycie »

OMGGG I DONT GET IT HOW DO I USE THIS? WTF

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Resource-Monitor-Mod v0.4.2

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

ycie wrote:OMGGG I DONT GET IT HOW DO I USE THIS? WTF
First, download and install it correctly.

Then launch factorio and click mdos, find Resource-Monitor-Mod.
Enable it.
close factorio completely and restart it.
If you go no errors, you are good to go! Launch one of your games or a new game and it should work. But you first need to research the item.

Once you research the item, hold it in hand and click (i don't remember left or right) on a resource pile on the ground. A interface should pop up, give it a name etc and save!
Top left should be a little interface that shows you whats up!
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

This is a useful mod, though I had to turn off the alert when a deposit is at 10% or lower. The alert was constantly popping up every time the mod updated. The alert might be more useful if a message box (just like the one that shows up at the start of freeplay) pops up once so you don't miss or skip it. It might be annoying because you might be in the middle of doing something, but far less annoying than the warning popping up. I remember in one of my play throughs I also had the annoying sound that happens when you don't have any construction robots and something is damaged within range of a roboport (I didn't have any built at all). Both of those were going off near constantly ;)

On a side note, it would be nice to be able to differentiate between deposits that are being mined at 0 ore per minute because the line is backed up, therefore the miners aren't operating, or because all the deposits within range of miners have been exhausted.

On a semi-related note, is it possible to do something similar to monitor the levels of various fluids that you have (not with this mod but something similar). One option is to use a special pipe which sends information to the Fluid Level Monitor, which is the easiest given that pipes range from 0 to 10 units with fractions given. Simply multiply this number by 10 to get a percentage. For example, a pipe that reports a level of 4.5 would indicate that the fluid in that part of the system is at 45%. The Monitor could then report "Light Oil 34%", "Heavy Oil 23%", etc. Perhaps an additional feature would indicate whether the fluid level is trending upwards or downwards since the last update.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Resource-Monitor-Mod v0.4.3

Post by drs9999 »

Just released v0.4.3

Apart from some bugfixes the update introduces fading fontcolor for the deposit's total amount and avg. speed.
(see screenshot 1 in the first post)

For the amount it uses the initial amount as reference:
100% left => Fontcolor = green
100%-50% left => Fontcolor fades from green to yellow
50% left => Fontcolor = yellow
50%-0% left => Fontcolor fades from yellow to red
0% left => Fontcolor = red

For the avg. speed it works similar but here the highest ever measured speed (for this deposit) is used as reference.

Enjoy!

P.S. I really like the fluid monitoring idea! I have to do some tests, but it will be most likely in v0.5.0 ;)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Thanks for the update friend :)

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

sbroadbent wrote:This is a useful mod, though I had to turn off the alert when a deposit is at 10% or lower.
I've found this too, I also turn off the 10% warning after the first time it pops up. It would be nice if the update interval and the notification interval were separate settings. Update choices as they are now, notification interval choices something like 1 min, 5 min, 10 min.

Otherwise, this is a great and very useful mod, loving it! :)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

It would be really handy to have some sort of "Digit grouping" with a eg a point each 3 decimal points.

13.764.534 is just more much easy to read and understand as "13 million-something" than 13764534 where i always have to count digits first.

Lone_Player
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lone_Player »

Good Day,

I just started to use your mod, well i get a error message when i load my save,

Cannot execute command. Error: [string "game.player.force.resetrecipes() ..."]:9: attempt to index field 'air-filter' (a nil value)

well the only mod i use that add additional gas´es is Treefarm.
but the savegame work´s & i can play, it´s just the error as a text message (not the error message in a window, where u click ok & return to the main screen)

Total list of mod´s i use; [all @ the latest version] & of course Factorio 10.12

Treefarm
Treefarm-Caffeine
Treefarm-Alien Plant
Advanced Equipment
Bob Assembly
Bob Modules
Bob Power
Cargo Upgrade
Coal Liquefactation
Devnull
Landfill
Larger Inventory
Magnet
More Light
Oil Condensating
Ore Expansion
Power Switch
Resource Monitor
Robo Charge
Scrapmod
Terminalchest

saneman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by saneman »

Lone_Player wrote:Good Day,

I just started to use your mod, well i get a error message when i load my save,

Cannot execute command. Error: [string "game.player.force.resetrecipes() ..."]:9: attempt to index field 'air-filter' (a nil value)
If you go into your Factorio\mods\Resource-Monitor-Mod_0.4.3\migrations\
you will find a file, what I like to do is make a new folder to put the file in.
This is a fix but not a patch. The game will run normally and the mod will activate.

Lone_Player
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lone_Player »

Hi,

I think you understood me wrong, the Mod is working & the game run´s fine with the old Save.
It´s just a line of text that u can read, before it disappears. So no big deal.

saneman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by saneman »

I didn't understand you wrong, I got the same error and my last post shows how to make the error go away. I understand that the mod works fine.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Call me crazy, but my resources don't fit in the screen anymore :lol: Any possibility of adding a scrollbar? :) And/Or sorting and filtering options, would also be great.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Thanks for all the reports and suggestions.
I decided to review the code anyway and add some (if not all) suggestions, but because the current mod-version doesn't contain any gamebreaking-stuff and the next major factorio release is right in front of us I'll probably wait until 0.11 is out.

Btw I am thinking about merging this mod and the power-switch mod. Would you like that?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

drs9999 wrote:Btw I am thinking about merging this mod and the power-switch mod. Would you like that?
I'd vote to keep the 2 seperate.

The only reason why I merged my Intermediates mod into my Metals and Chemicals mod is that that the aim of both were to add some form of intermediate products to the game, and it allowed me to more easily expand the features of both, without endless hooks and redefinitions of the metals and chemicals mod within intermediates.

If merging the 2 mods would provide increased functionality, or easier programming, then go for it. Otherwise, these 2 mods apear to offer seperate features, and purposes, and would be good to keep the 2 seperate.

If you merge them simply for the sake of merging them, all you're really doing is forcing people to either use both mods, or neither, where they might have only used one or the other.

An example of such (in my opinion) is tree farm, I recomend using, and want to use tree farm mod with my mods for the simple reason of being able to generate more wood, due to the excessive use of it in early electronics to make the resin pressed boards. However, since it is one big mod with the whole fertiliser to med kit chain, it adds a lot of features I don't really want to use. This leaves me with the choice of either potentially running out of wood, or having a technology chain I'm not going to use.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I agree with Bob: if it makes coding or maintaining a lot easier, go for it. If you're merging for the sake of merging, I wouldn't.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Resource-Monitor-Mod v0.5.0

Post by drs9999 »

updated to Factorio 0.11.0!

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Resource-Monitor-Mod v0.5.0

Post by Boogieman14 »

I suspect it happens at a 10% warning (most likely an Iron ore field, if that's at all relevant), because after I disable that warning I don't get the error anymore.

It happened a split second after an autosave, which I set aside. Let me know if you could use that save for debugging.

Return to “Mods”