[MOD 0.15.29+] Creative Mode 0.3.12 - Infinite resources

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.13+] Creative Mode 0.2.1 - Epic update!!

Post by Mooncat »

Woops, those grass tiles are so wrong. :shock:

About the wiki, I still cannot figure out how to format images well, just like Wikia. I know how to align images to right, but changing their sizes is tricky.
In Wikia, I can set text under each image, to briefly explain what's going on. I want to do the same in github wiki. But I can't set the width of <div> block with inline CSS.
I have searched about CSS support on github wiki and found gollum, but its wiki couldn't convince me to try it. :(

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

I normally don't bother with such image formatting, it takes too much time (I treat wiki as a wiki, not a website).
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

aubergine18 wrote:I normally don't bother with such image formatting, it takes too much time (I treat wiki as a wiki, not a website).
A wiki is a website. It's meant to be readable. A lot more people will read the pages in search of information than will edit them, in general.

So if at all possible, the necessary work needs to be put into activities like formatting pictures (and other attention to detail).

The reason why there are so many bad wikis (and the reason why the Factorio wiki is not very good right now) is precisely because people treat it like an information dump and don't spend another thought on how to make it an actual nice place.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Damion_Wolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Damion_Wolf »

hello there. i cant seem to get my fluid source to work. i put it to a pipe and get a box with Choose recipe for assembling, but that's it. no items to choose from in the box at all. is there any way to sort this?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Damion_Wolf wrote:hello there. i cant seem to get my fluid source to work. i put it to a pipe and get a box with Choose recipe for assembling, but that's it. no items to choose from in the box at all. is there any way to sort this?
welcome to the forums. do you have a screenshot? what version of factorio, and what version of Creative Mode are you using?

Damion_Wolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Damion_Wolf »

thats what im running and thats what happens. is there a way i can fix it?
Attachments
15053418_10207667899119501_1649464084_o.jpg
15053418_10207667899119501_1649464084_o.jpg (145.73 KiB) Viewed 6936 times
15064125_10207667902719591_1505668771_o.jpg
15064125_10207667902719591_1505668771_o.jpg (111.21 KiB) Viewed 6936 times

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Damion_Wolf your playing factorio version 0.14.20?

Damion_Wolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Damion_Wolf »

impetus maximus wrote:Damion_Wolf your playing factorio version 0.14.20?
yes i am

Damion_Wolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Damion_Wolf »

ok, i seem to be able to use it now. i have no idea what the hell happened :oops:

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Damion_Wolf wrote:ok, i seem to be able to use it now. i have no idea what the hell happened :oops:
strange. glad it's working now at least.

Damion_Wolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Damion_Wolf »

Dont suppose you could add a button that unlocks the research instead of it being unlock straight off the bat when you choose yes, with cheats.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Sorry I was out yesterday and couldn't help. The fluid source problem was really strange and I have no idea what had happened to you either. :shock:
Glad it is working now.
Damion_Wolf wrote:Dont suppose you could add a button that unlocks the research instead of it being unlock straight off the bat when you choose yes, with cheats.
Because most of the time, I need all technologies to be unlocked to test something, so it is included as a default cheat.
(I assume it has more demand then instant research because no one has complained about this since day one. :P )

That said, you can still do what you want with the following steps:
1) Open the Creative Mode menu
2) Cheats -> Team Cheats -> Select your team, which should be "player" by default
3) All technologies - Reset. This will reset all technologies back to the initial status.
4) Instant research - On. This will make all researches to be instantly completed after you have started one, so you can select which technologies to unlock without touching the others. ;)

Damion_Wolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Damion_Wolf »

Mooncat wrote:Sorry I was out yesterday and couldn't help. The fluid source problem was really strange and I have no idea what had happened to you either. :shock:
Glad it is working now.
Damion_Wolf wrote:Dont suppose you could add a button that unlocks the research instead of it being unlock straight off the bat when you choose yes, with cheats.
Because most of the time, I need all technologies to be unlocked to test something, so it is included as a default cheat.
(I assume it has more demand then instant research because no one has complained about this since day one. :P )

That said, you can still do what you want with the following steps:
1) Open the Creative Mode menu
2) Cheats -> Team Cheats -> Select your team, which should be "player" by default
3) All technologies - Reset. This will reset all technologies back to the initial status.
4) Instant research - On. This will make all researches to be instantly completed after you have started one, so you can select which technologies to unlock without touching the others. ;)
oh, i didnt know that. thanks. :D
also i found out the problem i was having. i didnt activate the creative tools recipe. my fault for not looking :?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Damion_Wolf wrote:oh, i didnt know that. thanks. :D
also i found out the problem i was having. i didnt activate the creative tools recipe. my fault for not looking :?
You're welcome. ;)
hm... now I am thinking about putting the fluid recipes into another tab so they will be independent from the Creative tools recipes, thus you won't get into the same situation where you have the fluid source but cannot craft any fluid from it because you have disabled the Creative tools recipes. :lol:
But I have to check the possibility for this first.

Damion_Wolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Damion_Wolf »

Mooncat wrote: hm... now I am thinking about putting the fluid recipes into another tab so they will be independent from the Creative tools recipes, thus you won't get into the same situation where you have the fluid source but cannot craft any fluid from it because you have disabled the Creative tools recipes. :lol:
i think that could work, im sure im not the only one that had this problem. if you want i can co-test with you, see if it works for others as well as you. up to you

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.13+] Creative Mode 0.2.0 - Epic update!!

Post by Mooncat »

Choumiko wrote:Edit: An option to have the events being logged via log() would be nice, this writes to factorio-current.log and also adds a timestamp (plus it shows up in the terminal/console if Factorio is started there)
It turns out I have checked the logger in std lib but not log(). Std lib's logger uses game.write_file internally, which isn't much different from our current approach, except parsing ticks into time. And it doesn't separate logs for each individual player. So I didn't use it.
Now I have checked log(). It has significant difference, so I implemented it. Thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Damion_Wolf wrote:
Mooncat wrote: hm... now I am thinking about putting the fluid recipes into another tab so they will be independent from the Creative tools recipes, thus you won't get into the same situation where you have the fluid source but cannot craft any fluid from it because you have disabled the Creative tools recipes. :lol:
i think that could work, im sure im not the only one that had this problem. if you want i can co-test with you, see if it works for others as well as you. up to you
Unfortunately, after some tests, I think it is impossible to do it without making things to be ugly. :(
If I separate the fluid recipes into another tab and make it always available, players will be able to see the tab (by pressing E) even if Creative Mode has not been enabled. I don't like it.
Another possible solution will be, like the rocket silo, make the recipes to be hidden but fixed to each fluid sources. But as the result, there will be multiple fluid sources. Not ideal either.
So I think the best solution for now is add the description of fluid source for reminding about Creative tools' recipes. :)

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

i would like some more control over unlocking/locking technologies. inserter capacity bonus control to be precise. would like to be able to switch from full stack bonuses,
to 'Inserter capacity bonus 1' (without non-stack inserter bonus), to no bonus at all. would this be hard to implement?

thanks

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i tried some stuff but provoked a crash ;)

I started this (https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _v121_wip/) user scenario and enabled unlock all research.

Error log:

Code: Select all

1562.113 Error MainLoop.cpp:788: Exception at tick 189689: Error while running event on_gui_click (ID 1)
Error while running event on_research_finished (ID 18)
No such node (state)
stack traceback:
	__research-queue__/functions/draw_grid.lua:28: in function 'options'
	__research-queue__/functions/draw_grid.lua:115: in function 'drawGrid'
	__research-queue__/control.lua:161: in function <__research-queue__/control.lua:136>
stack traceback:
	__creative-mode__/scripts/cheats.lua:606: in function 'apply_to_target_function'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/cheats.lua:1487: in function 'apply_cheat_to_targets'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/gui-menu-cheats.lua:2369: in function 'on_gui_click_in_cheats_menu_toggles'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/gui-menu-cheats.lua:2603: in function 'on_gui_click_in_cheats_menus_gui_data_contents'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/gui-menu-cheats.lua:2645: in function 'on_gui_click'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/gui-menu.lua:264: in function 'on_gui_click'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/gui.lua:210: in function 'on_gui_click'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:421: in function '?'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:748: in function <__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:681>
I hope it helps.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

impetus maximus wrote:i would like some more control over unlocking/locking technologies. inserter capacity bonus control to be precise. would like to be able to switch from full stack bonuses,
to 'Inserter capacity bonus 1' (without non-stack inserter bonus), to no bonus at all. would this be hard to implement?

thanks
I can add new cheats for changing the bonuses. But that will conflict with the technologies, e.g. if you research those technologies again, the bonuses will be overwritten, thus you will have to apply the cheat again.

If you are talking about resetting specific technologies, that will require additional GUI. I will do it after 0.15 come out. :P

steinio wrote:Hello,

i tried some stuff but provoked a crash ;)

The log shows the error lies in Research Queue. But after checking its code briefly (newest version from Mod Portal), I couldn't find the cause. I will check it when I get home.
May I know does it occur if you don't unlock all technologies, but use the instant research to unlock technologies one by one instead?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

cool, thanks. love this mod.

Return to “Mods”