[MOD 0.15.29+] Creative Mode 0.3.12 - Infinite resources

Topics and discussion about specific mods
mickael9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.12+] Creative Mode 0.3.5 - Fix for 0.15.12

Post by mickael9 »

steinio wrote:Hi,

i've enabled instant blueprints but if another mod places ghosts they are not revived.
As workaround i instant request the items and my personal roboport build it.

Is it possible to get this ghosts also build instantly?

Greetings, steinio.
My guess is that this mod doesn't raise the on_built_entity event on the created ghost so creative mode doesn't see it. Ask the mod author to do it

chrisgbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by chrisgbk »

Mooncat wrote:Released v0.3.5 for 0.15.12.
Changelog
I noticed some strange behaviour in the new version: under "Intermediate products" I can no longer hand craft empty fuel cells, uranium-238, or uranium-235; instead I only have the recipes that use/create those resources: uranium refining, kovarex process, fuel reprocessing, etc(and no way to create empty fuel cells by hand without crafting a reactor and waiting 200 seconds for the cell to burn). Same with some of the other recipes; I now have refining and unbarreling recipes(?) Useful for bathing yourself in oil I guess? Simulating koverax over and over by clicking with u-238 on auto-trash gets old fast ;)

Is this a change to workaround changed behaviour in 0.15.12, or is this a bug?

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

As a workaround you can make an autofill requester chest and request the things you need, or put them in your own logistic slots and they will be instantly put in your inventory

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

chrisgbk wrote:I noticed some strange behaviour in the new version: under "Intermediate products" I can no longer hand craft empty fuel cells, uranium-238, or uranium-235; instead I only have the recipes that use/create those resources: uranium refining, kovarex process, fuel reprocessing, etc(and no way to create empty fuel cells by hand without crafting a reactor and waiting 200 seconds for the cell to burn). Same with some of the other recipes; I now have refining and unbarreling recipes(?) Useful for bathing yourself in oil I guess? Simulating koverax over and over by clicking with u-238 on auto-trash gets old fast ;)

Is this a change to workaround changed behaviour in 0.15.12, or is this a bug?
I didn't and won't modify or remove the recipes outside Creative Mode in this mod. So it is a change in the game, not the mod. As vanatteveldt said, there are ways to give yourself empty cells. Creative chests, cargo wagons, duplicating chests, autofill requester chest, matter source, matter duplicator, etc. ;)

Just realized 0.15.13 was released. It is expected that the surface cheats are broken. Will fix that soon.
Edit: oh, only the freeze_daytime is broken. Good! :lol:

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.10+] Creative Mode 0.3.3 - New toys, fix 0.15.10!

Post by Mooncat »

DRY411S wrote:
Mooncat wrote:Was your game a multiplayer game and you were not the first player in that game? I think it is the cause because CM currently only shows the popup to the first player.
Yes, that's an exact description. This was a local save of a multiplayer map where I was not the first player.
So I wanted to fix this issue in the next version, but failed to find a way to determine whether the game is in singleplayer mode. I'm seeking for help: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=33264
Meanwhile, I have found a dirty workaround: log out Factorio (Options > Other) before loading the save, then you will be player one and everything should work. :P

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Move your logic to on_player_joined_game

if player.admin and not button and not cm.permantly_disabled? show button?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:Move your logic to on_player_joined_game

hm.. this may solve the problem of showing the initial popup. Thanks!
But there is another problem: player does not have access right to admin-only features.
player.admin is false, player.connected is true, player.index is not 1 :(

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Bug with substation laying, when placing vanilla substation, the one following the first is placed 5 spaces from the border of the previous, then all subsequent are placed border-on.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Mooncat wrote:
Nexela wrote:Move your logic to on_player_joined_game

hm.. this may solve the problem of showing the initial popup. Thanks!
But there is another problem: player does not have access right to admin-only features.
player.admin is false, player.connected is true, player.index is not 1 :(
They will still have to promote themselves via a server console command to become admin. That there is no way around (currently) that I know of.
load game player joins no button is shown because they are not admin
save game
promote via server console
load game player joins is admin does not have button, gets button

Actually if the devs would allow .admin to be r/w you could fix this yourself using on_init and on_joined
on_init global.first_player = false
on_join if not global.first_player then player.admin = true; cm.create_button; global.first_player=player.index

I will leave it for you to double check on r/w for .admin and ask for it to be made available if it isn't :)
I see no reason this shouldn't be R/w because well they can already run commands which is more powerful :)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Fatmice wrote:Bug with substation laying, when placing vanilla substation, the one following the first is placed 5 spaces from the border of the previous, then all subsequent are placed border-on.
Sorry, not quite understand what you meant...
If you meant the vanilla substations are misplaced while being drag-placing, I can't reproduce it. They are perfectly aligned. Besides, my mod doesn't touch the vanilla substation. :?
Nexela wrote:They will still have to promote themselves via a server console command to become admin. That there is no way around (currently) that I know of.
load game player joins no button is shown because they are not admin
save game
promote via server console
load game player joins is admin does not have button, gets button
Sounds more complicated then just logging out Factorio. :shock:
Nexela wrote:Actually if the devs would allow .admin to be r/w you could fix this yourself using on_init and on_joined
on_init global.first_player = false
on_join if not global.first_player then player.admin = true; cm.create_button; global.first_player=player.index

I will leave it for you to double check on r/w for .admin and ask for it to be made available if it isn't :)
I see no reason this shouldn't be R/w because well they can already run commands which is more powerful :)
I have a gut feeling that they won't allow mods to promote/demote players. I think it is better if player.admin can return true in singleplayer mode.
Anyway, I will suggest both solutions there. Thanks. ;)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Mooncat wrote:
Fatmice wrote:Bug with substation laying, when placing vanilla substation, the one following the first is placed 5 spaces from the border of the previous, then all subsequent are placed border-on.
If you meant the vanilla substations are misplaced while being drag-placing, I can't reproduce it. They are perfectly aligned. Besides, my mod doesn't touch the vanilla substation. :?
Are you sure? Does your mod touch wire distance ?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Fatmice wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Yes and no.
20170527062318_1.jpg
20170527062318_1.jpg (257.28 KiB) Viewed 10028 times
It is pure vanilla (no yellow words).

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

Just a quick report that the Creative buildings don't show up in the deconstruction planner filter. Not a massive deal, but I was looking for a way to nuke just all creative labs from my map.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Mooncat wrote:
Fatmice wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Yes and no.
20170527062318_1.jpg
Then how do you explain this?
http://imgur.com/a/ORgkA

Only your mod and a test mod of mine, which are just prototypes of entities unrelated to substation, are enabled.
When I disable your mod, I don't get these strange issues. Outside of enabling your mod, I do not change any values.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

tehfreek wrote:Just a quick report that the Creative buildings don't show up in the deconstruction planner filter. Not a massive deal, but I was looking for a way to nuke just all creative labs from my map.
I think I can add an option to unhide the entities. This way you can select them in the filter and also in the requester slots, even if Creative Mode is disabled in the map.
Fatmice wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Fatmice wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Yes and no.
The attachment 20170527062318_1.jpg is no longer available
Then how do you explain this?
http://imgur.com/a/ORgkA

Only your mod and a test mod of mine, which are just prototypes of entities unrelated to substation, are enabled.
When I disable your mod, I don't get these strange issues. Outside of enabling your mod, I do not change any values.
I really can't reproduce it. I have also tried placing substations inside the supply area of a super substation, still no problem.
20170527182151_1.jpg
20170527182151_1.jpg (604.94 KiB) Viewed 10007 times
Can you also try only enable my mod and disable the others? Maybe it is caused by some combinations of mods.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Mooncat wrote: I really can't reproduce it. I have also tried placing substations inside the supply area of a super substation, still no problem.
20170527182151_1.jpg
Can you also try only enable my mod and disable the others? Maybe it is caused by some combinations of mods.
That's the thing, it is just your mod and mine. The problem remains if I disable my very small mod, which has three prototypes and three recipes. The problem go away if I disable your mod. It's spurious.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Feature request:

Can you add a "Super" super radar?
I need it to explore new maps for flaws before using the in MP.

Current scan range: 14
A version with scan range: 50 would be nice.

I know it takes a lot of time to generate the world for such a large area, but its way better than using airplains to fly around and explore the world/drop radar stations.
(And way better than having to tell my team that their x hour game is wasted because the used to much stone and thus are unable to escape from the big island we spawned on.)

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

You can use lua to reveal the map as well:

Code: Select all

/c game.forces.player.chart(game.player.surface, {lefttop = {x = -1024, y = -1024}, rightbottom = {x = 1024, y = 1024}})

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Fatmice wrote:
Mooncat wrote: I really can't reproduce it. I have also tried placing substations inside the supply area of a super substation, still no problem.
20170527182151_1.jpg
That's the thing, it is just your mod and mine. The problem remains if I disable my very small mod, which has three prototypes and three recipes. The problem go away if I disable your mod. It's spurious.
I have no idea then. Sorry. :(
bNarFProfCrazy wrote:Feature request:

Can you add a "Super" super radar?
I need it to explore new maps for flaws before using the in MP.

Current scan range: 14
A version with scan range: 50 would be nice.

I know it takes a lot of time to generate the world for such a large area, but its way better than using airplains to fly around and explore the world/drop radar stations.
(And way better than having to tell my team that their x hour game is wasted because the used to much stone and thus are unable to escape from the big island we spawned on.)
vanatteveldt wrote:You can use lua to reveal the map as well:

/c game.forces.player.chart(game.player.surface, {lefttop = {x = -1024, y = -1024}, rightbottom = {x = 1024, y = 1024}})
Or just use team cheat -> chart all.
The same as

/c game.player.force.chart_all()
But I have added Super radar 2 for the next version anyway.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.13+] Creative Mode 0.3.6 - Creator magic pattern

Post by Mooncat »

Released v0.3.6. Licence has been changed.
Changelog
Having fun with the random pattern

Return to “Mods”