Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.1+] Creative Mode 0.3.2 - Mod settings

Post by Mooncat »

Optera wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Optera wrote:Well it broke more than only my setups.
Changing icon to icons was unexpected, now I have to adapt signal generation in LTN.
signal generation in LTN? :?:
Is it the change on fluid void broke your setups? I can think of a way to rebuild all fluid voids with script. But if it is the settings or super boilers, sorry I can't think of a good way to handle it.
I create virtual signals to represent every carriage so LTN can display proper train compositions. The small change in your wagons from entity.icon to entity.icons{} threw my signal generation off.
Anyway I've already adapted LTN to handle icons with tint. Who knows maybe someone really uses your wagons for automated item distribution. :lol:
Oh, I see... Sorry about that. I think that's the only way to tint an icon.
It will be interesting to see someone actually using those OP wagons for automation. :lol:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I was so excited to hear about mod settings in creative mode!! Come to find out you didn't implement the per player stuff yet :)

At least I don't have the popup no moar :)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:I was so excited to hear about mod settings in creative mode!! Come to find out you didn't implement the per player stuff yet :)

At least I don't have the popup no moar :)
It is in "Map". Only the first player (players[1]) can see that popup, so it is meaningless to put the setting in per player.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I wanted to start with instant blue print/decon off :P

Ruben
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ruben »

Idea:
the passive energy void doesnt empty other accumulators, but for testing my grayout alarm, i need this.
i dont know if its possible with an accumulator, but maybe with an machine, that consumes realy much energy for making nothing?

mickael9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mickael9 »

Small bugfix (fixed concatenation operator):

Code: Select all

--- a/scripts/events.lua
+++ b/scripts/events.lua
@@ -680,7 +680,7 @@
                        message = message .. ", "
                end
                local value_type = type(value)
-               message = message .. "[" + key + "] = " .. get_tag_value_loop_up[value_type](value)
+               message = message .. "[" .. key .. "] = " .. get_tag_value_loop_up[value_type](value)
                i = i + 1
        end
        message = message .. "}"
@@ -706,7 +706,7 @@
 local function get_inventory_param_message(log_prefix, param_name, param)
        local message = log_prefix .. "\"" .. param_name .. "\" :: LuaInventory: {"
        if param.valid then
-               message = message .. "index = " .. param.index + ", # = " .. #param
+               message = message .. "index = " .. param.index .. ", # = " .. #param
        else
                message = message .. "valid = false"
        end

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:I wanted to start with instant blue print/decon off :P
I think I can add that. Though it will not be permanent. I don't want to add every cheats to mod settings.
Ruben wrote:Idea:
the passive energy void doesnt empty other accumulators, but for testing my grayout alarm, i need this.
i dont know if its possible with an accumulator, but maybe with an machine, that consumes realy much energy for making nothing?
Have you tried the active energy void? It is an assembling machine that can drain all energy from your base.
mickael9 wrote:Small bugfix (fixed concatenation operator):

--- a/scripts/events.lua
+++ b/scripts/events.lua
@@ -680,7 +680,7 @@
                        message = message .. ", "
                end
                local value_type = type(value)
-               message = message .. "[" + key + "] = " .. get_tag_value_loop_up[value_type](value)
+               message = message .. "[" .. key .. "] = " .. get_tag_value_loop_up[value_type](value)
                i = i + 1
        end
        message = message .. "}"
@@ -706,7 +706,7 @@
 local function get_inventory_param_message(log_prefix, param_name, param)
        local message = log_prefix .. "\"" .. param_name .. "\" :: LuaInventory: {"
        if param.valid then
-               message = message .. "index = " .. param.index + ", # = " .. #param
+               message = message .. "index = " .. param.index .. ", # = " .. #param
        else
                message = message .. "valid = false"
        end
Ah! Thanks! Shit happens when I keep thinking there are mods waiting me to update. :P

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

I think it's Creative mode mod but I really love the ability it has to show most raw form of resources and was wondering if there was a chance this was a stand alone mod maybe with option to let user toggle it on or off via a hotkey. Would make for a great mod I think on its own.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

For testing power plants it would be a big ease of life feature if energy voids had configurable drain.
Currently I'm often planting rows of barrel/unbarreling assemblers with consumption modules to tweak systems with loads behaving like real factories.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Optera wrote:For testing power plants it would be a big ease of life feature if energy voids had configurable drain.
Currently I'm often planting rows of barrel/unbarreling assemblers with consumption modules to tweak systems with loads behaving like real factories.
Unfortunately, there is no API for changing energy drain in runtime. LuaEntity::electric_drain is just for Electric Energy Interface.

However, Electric Energy Interface has a new UI now. You can obtain it from creative chest or creative cargo wagon with hidden item turned on.
I will create a free recipe for it and put it inside the non-hidden item list. Also a recipe for the belt immunity equipment.

Fishling
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fishling »

Mooncat wrote: Description: Adds entities that can generate unlimited items or fluid, or nullify them.
License: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
Mooncat, would you please consider changing the license on the mod to drop the "non-commercial" qualifier or change to a common software-specific open source license? The current non-commercial restriction prevents anyone from posting a monetized video or ad-supported blog post that uses your mod to illustrate a test setup, which is a usage that this mod is perfectly suited for.

Additionally, Creative Commons explicitly recommends against using their licenses for software. Other mods have used MIT or BSD licenses, but even a plain CC BY would be better.

See also this thread for a discussion where others raise issues with using the CC BY-NC license for Factorio mods.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

One thing missing, based on the description, is an Armour Module that provides a gigantic (unlimited?) amount of power for the suit. Say, 1x1 in size but outputs the same as 20 Nuclear Modules.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Kane wrote:I think it's Creative mode mod but I really love the ability it has to show most raw form of resources and was wondering if there was a chance this was a stand alone mod maybe with option to let user toggle it on or off via a hotkey. Would make for a great mod I think on its own.
Sorry, saw it, but forgot to reply.
I think you mean cheat mode? Besides instant crafting, it also shows how many ores you need to craft something.
But I don't think there is an API to do that alone.
Fishling wrote:
Mooncat wrote: Description: Adds entities that can generate unlimited items or fluid, or nullify them.
License: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
Mooncat, would you please consider changing the license on the mod to drop the "non-commercial" qualifier or change to a common software-specific open source license? The current non-commercial restriction prevents anyone from posting a monetized video or ad-supported blog post that uses your mod to illustrate a test setup, which is a usage that this mod is perfectly suited for.

Additionally, Creative Commons explicitly recommends against using their licenses for software. Other mods have used MIT or BSD licenses, but even a plain CC BY would be better.

See also this thread for a discussion where others raise issues with using the CC BY-NC license for Factorio mods.
ah.... this thing... :cry:
All I want is "don't use my mod to earn money!" But it is fine if my mod is just one of the many reasons why someone has income.
It is fine if the blog contains other mods, such that CM is not the main reason for income. But I will be triggered if I see a blog that only uses CM and earn money from it.
To me, there is the line between commercial use and non-commercial use. But I know lawyers are different.
Give me some time to research about it.
Peter34 wrote:One thing missing, based on the description, is an Armour Module that provides a gigantic (unlimited?) amount of power for the suit. Say, 1x1 in size but outputs the same as 20 Nuclear Modules.
Why? Why 20 Nuclear Modules? Why not over 9k!?
Anyway, I will make a super reactor. ;)

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Guess what.... 0.15.10 crashes with Creative mod!

50.595 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "creative-mode_fluid-void" (boiler): Key "fluid_input" not found in property tree at ROOT.boiler.creative-mode_fluid-void

Fegerlein
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fegerlein »

That same problem

Armorss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Armorss »

yes me too what ?

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Hi there,

it suddenly broke at a moments notice. Cant start factorio if mod is enabled. Here is a snippet from the log:

Error ModManager.cpp:827: Error while loading entity prototype "creative-mode_fluid-void" (boiler): Key "fluid_input" not found in property tree at ROOT.boiler.creative-mode_fluid-void
Modifications: creative-mode
   2.952 Factorio initialised
   2.953 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "creative-mode_fluid-void" (boiler): Key "fluid_input" not found in property tree at ROOT.boiler.creative-mode_fluid-void
I did nothing special. Just save my game, close Factorio and start it again later.
I deleted the mod and reinstalled, but still. It's the newest version now.

EDIT: ooooooooh... I didn't see factorio updating. Ok I also have v0.15.10 now. At least you got the error here.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

nagapito wrote:Guess what.... 0.15.10 crashes with Creative mod!

50.595 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "creative-mode_fluid-void" (boiler): Key "fluid_input" not found in property tree at ROOT.boiler.creative-mode_fluid-void
i'm guessing it has to do with steam being a separate fluid. i'm sure Mooncat will fix it in no time. ;)

mickael9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mickael9 »

I've fixed the issue (version number stays same so you'll get official update from Mooncat when it comes)

But the void fluid only voids water now. Since when do boilers only accept water?
Attachments
creative-mode_0.3.2.zip
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 166 times

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

mickael9 wrote:I've fixed the issue (version number stays same so you'll get official update from Mooncat when it comes)

But the void fluid only voids water now. Since when do boilers only accept water?
I think since 0.15... I remember some patch notes about boilers not working with other fluids anymore and not being a void system anymore

Return to “Mods”