[MOD 0.15.29+] Creative Mode 0.3.12 - Infinite resources

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.13+] Creative Mode 0.2.3 - Super robots

Post by Nexela »

Ah! So Nexela wants something like this: Map Labels - Add labels to resources on the map.
Yes, it is a bit out of scope. Please use that mod and see if it is suitable first. ;) (Someone created the patch for 0.14 on the second page.
Yes something like that.

And it is in scope :) Makes it easier to find resources for testing mod stuffs. And I hate the button in the original one. sooooo it would be nice to see it under creative mode :)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:
Ah! So Nexela wants something like this: Map Labels - Add labels to resources on the map.
Yes, it is a bit out of scope. Please use that mod and see if it is suitable first. ;) (Someone created the patch for 0.14 on the second page.
Yes something like that.

And it is in scope :) Makes it easier to find resources for testing mod stuffs. And I hate the button in the original one. sooooo it would be nice to see it under creative mode :)
Creative Mode is a group of things that you will not want them to exist in normal gameplay, like the creative chests because their unlimited contents will ruin the gameplay, or the cheats because they are literally cheats that can turn you to be a god.

But about the resources labels, I think it is useful even if Creative Mode is not enabled, so it is better to be another mod. :mrgreen:

slaxer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slaxer »

hello, its me with the mod lagging while hovering over items.

the mod Better Infrastructure was the one that caused this, my power pole area multiplier was on 20x, reduced it to 5x and it still dropped a bit.
did realize that you already had the large-area power poles so i removed the power pole multiplier function in the infrastructure mod and now the lag is gone on c-mode :)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

slaxer wrote:hello, its me with the mod lagging while hovering over items.

the mod Better Infrastructure was the one that caused this, my power pole area multiplier was on 20x, reduced it to 5x and it still dropped a bit.
did realize that you already had the large-area power poles so i removed the power pole multiplier function in the infrastructure mod and now the lag is gone on c-mode :)
Glad you have solved the problem. :D
Yea, the energy supply area cannot be too big or the game will lag. It is a known issue but was determined as not a big because this won't happen without mod: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28095
The super energy pole had much larger supply area (1000x1000) when it was initially released but then reduced to the current size because of this issue. :lol:

slaxer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slaxer »

wasnt there a wireless power transmission mod somewhere? i am fairly certain that i've seen a description which said something like "items wont need power poles anymore". this was like ~4 months ago. looked thru both the old and the new mod pages but didnt find anything except the "powered entities" mod which aint really the same thing.
is it even possible to make ~the ground electrified~ ?
my thoughts are tripping away to the view of bumper cars and their electrified ceiling :lol: that grid makes me drool :twisted:

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

slaxer wrote:wasnt there a wireless power transmission mod somewhere? i am fairly certain that i've seen a description which said something like "items wont need power poles anymore".
The "super power pole" from the mod has a very large coverage, so you can power entire sub-factories with a single power pole.

Effectively that's the same as "wireless" power.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

A couple of bugs with CM's event system

on_player_removed_equipment on_player_placed_equipment (minor)
equipment is listed as (unrecognized parameter)

on_player_removed_equipment or on_player_placed_equipment (script crash)
Keep default options but also check the write or log options
Error while running event on_player_removed_equipment (ID 39)
__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:698: attempt to concatenate local 'message' (a table value)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:A couple of bugs with CM's event system

on_player_removed_equipment on_player_placed_equipment (minor)
equipment is listed as (unrecognized parameter)

on_player_removed_equipment or on_player_placed_equipment (script crash)
Keep default options but also check the write or log options
Error while running event on_player_removed_equipment (ID 39)
__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:698: attempt to concatenate local 'message' (a table value)
oops... looks like I have missed to phase the equipment parameter. I will fix it ASAP.
Thanks for the report. ;)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Thanks! I was about to pepper my mod with some logging events then realized I didn't have to! I have creative mode!

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.13+] Creative Mode 0.2.4 - Cheats++, Clicks--

Post by Mooncat »

Tada~ v0.2.4 was just released! Bugs have been fixed.

The subject of this update is More Cheats, Fewer Clicks (have to use the short form due to character limit).

More cheats: separated the reach distance cheat into reach distance, resource reach distance, item drop distance, item pickup distance and loot pickup distance. It is related to the recent update of my Long Reach Research mod. (And it will be updated again shortly.)
Furthermore, health bonus is added. Personal cheats now also include inventory bonus and quickbar bonus.

Fewer clicks: one problem I have encountered myself was that after changing some values on the CM main menu, I wanted to build/select some entities. But the menu is just too big, so I closed the entire menu. When I wanted to change another value, I have to do all the clicks to go to the same page. It is fine if I only need to do it once. But most of the time, I have to repeat these steps many times to get the desired result, e.g. to make gifs for the wiki.
So, I decided to improve it by restoring the last opened submenu once the main menu is opened again. 8-)

Edit: forgotten to update the zh-CN locale. :oops: Since there is already some downloads for v0.2.4, I uploaded a new version (v0.2.5) for this tiny fix. If you are not a Chinese user, this update is not necessary for you.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.14.13+] Creative Mode 0.2.5 - Cheats++, Clicks--

Post by ssilk »

This mod is really cool.
But why does this mod uses so much CPU? I have nothing of CM used, it just sits in the top bar. :)
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 22.10.35.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 22.10.35.png (475.59 KiB) Viewed 8204 times
My bigger worlds are not playable with Creative Mode, cause it decreases the UPS from 30 to 10 ups.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

ssilk wrote:This mod is really cool.
But why does this mod uses so much CPU? I have nothing of CM used, it just sits in the top bar. :)
My bigger worlds are not playable with Creative Mode, cause it decreases the UPS from 30 to 10 ups.
Oh, that's bad. :shock: I will check up on it. But first I will need to figure out how to open this debug info. :mrgreen:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Mooncat wrote:
ssilk wrote:This mod is really cool.
Oh, that's bad. :shock: I will check up on it. But first I will need to figure out how to open this debug info. :mrgreen:

hit F4, select Always Tab or Any of the others (the other tabs are opened with F5-F7), select Show Time Used Percent

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Exactly. A longer explanation is in the wiki when you search for debug mode. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Thanks! There was a time the debug info overlapped with each other so I couldn't read it properly. Since then I only rely on the FPS/UPS. I will try to turn on Show Time Used Percent only when I get home. :D
In the meantime, please disable the whole Cheat Mode mod if you don't need it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

So it is caused by the clumsy on_tick event handler. Commenting out the contents of it will decrease the value to 0.003.
I think I will rework on "Disable CM permanently" (or "No permanently" in the initial popup) so it will remove all event handlers as well as all global data, such that CM will be truely "disabled".
On the other hand, I will change the wording about "Disable CM" (or "No" in the initial popup) to something like "Hide CM menu" (or "Don't show menu"), because it reserves the functionality of CM.

This will be the main feature in v0.2.6. I will work on it soon, after updating the long reach research mod. :mrgreen:

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Btw if you can't read all the debug info since you have to much text you can play around with below option in config.ini file:

Code: Select all

debug_font_size
Reducing it a bit can be very helpful when running a lot of mods.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

orzelek wrote:Btw if you can't read all the debug info since you have to much text you can play around with below option in config.ini file:

Code: Select all

debug_font_size
Reducing it a bit can be very helpful when running a lot of mods.
Thanks! It is good to know about that. :D

DegenerateGrndState
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DegenerateGrndState »

I accidentally left instant research on for the player force in a game before I permanently disabled creative mode, but research is still completed instantly after I select it! Is there any way for me to fix this?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

DegenerateGrndState wrote:I accidentally left instant research on for the player force in a game before I permanently disabled creative mode, but research is still completed instantly after I select it! Is there any way for me to fix this?
The original purpose of disabling CM permanently is to lock the settings on CM so no one can change them anymore for that game. Therefore, no easy fix for that....

But, if there is no CM item/entity left in that game, you can simply disable CM via the Factorio Mods menu, or remove the whole CM mod. This will disable instant research.

If this cannot help, I will need to give you a special version for enabling CM back.

Return to “Mods”