[Mod 0.13.x] Mass Production V2.2.0 <-- Awesome

Topics and discussion about specific mods
MatthewGB
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Mod 0.13.x] Mass Production V2.2.0 <-- Awesome

Post by MatthewGB »

This mod adds several new items and objects to Factorio in an attempt to improve automation and defense in the mid to end game.
Features include bigger storages, better drones, faster inserters, time accelerators, more machines, solar panel stacking, insane turrets, truly infinite resources and many more!
This page doesn't yet cover everything added by this mod - be prepared for more surprises when you get in-game!

Note about graphics - there's very few new graphics added by this mod. It mostly just copies the built-in graphics, but the advanced mechanics are what makes this mod awesome.

Download:
Newest of the news: 2.2.0 for 0.14
https://www.mediafire.com/?utftcrdy62l1qwg
Newest:
https://www.mediafire.com/?a55d2t1u5bpd3pn
Older 2.0.0V (DL 33)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5606p ... _2.0.0.zip

THE DOWNLOADS ONLY WORK WITH 0.12
The mod is currently at 0.13 and then I might upgrade to 0.14 if I get positive feedback.

Defense

Plasma Turret Removed due to compatibility problem
An insanely powerful fortress. Shoots plasma at a rate of 60 per second, 25 damage per hit with a range of 40. (Laser turret default is 35 for comparison). Requires 1 giga-watt to run, and has huge crafting costs.

MIssile Turret Removed due to compatibility problem
A turret with an enourmous 100 metre range, with 250 damage per shot, but is slow and shoots at 0.25 missiles per sec. Quite slow to travel too. Same cost as plasma turret.

Storages

Mass-Storage:
Combines 4 iron chests with 8 gears and an advanced circuit to create a huge 149 slot chest

Warehouse
An even bigger option, with 500 slots of storage, may lag slightly

Multiversal Storage
An enourmous storage option, with 2500 slots. After all, why store things in your universe if you can chuck it into someone else's? Because it lags your computer horribly, thats why.

Inserters:

Mega-Inserter:
Even faster version of the Fast Inserter.

Über-Inserter:
Even faster version of the Mega Inserter

Conveyor Belts

Stone belt
A very cheap albeit very slow conveyor belt. Useful for the beginning, especially where long conveyor lines are needed and trains aren't available.

Super belt
An even faster version of the express belt

Teleport belt
A belt that instantly teleports items to the end. Doesn't increase maximum throughput.

Machines

Induction Furnace:
By forcing more air into the furnace, it improves the rate of combustion. Also features two output slots and 8 module slots.

Assembling Machine 4
An insanely fast assembling machines, but also expensive. Can hold many modules.

Temporal Acceleration Device: Removed due to incompatibility
Manipulates time itself to make things happen faster. Each TAD placed into the world increases the speed by 0.25x.

Solar Panels
Mass Production changes the recipe for solar panels, because the previous one took too long to make a single one, and makes it possible to compress up to 4096 panels into the space of a single one. Saves a lot of space.

Silicon
Extracted from stone in an assembler, it is required to craft photo-voltaic cells, which are used for solar panels

Photovolatic Cell
4 silicon and a copper cable combine into one cell. Four of these are needed to craft a x4 solar panel.

Solar Panel x4 x16 x64 x256 x1024 x4096
Four of each panel can be combined into the next higher tier.

Logistics Drones:

Improved:
Twice the speed, capacity, battery and consumption

Solar:
Same as improved but with a quarter the power consumption

Speedy:
Same as solar but has an engine 3x faster then the default drone.

Autonomous:
Same as speedy, but requires no charging. Uses 4x solar panels.

Materials

Copper/Iron/Steel Block
A compressed block of metal. Requires 100 metal to craft, and gives back 100 when needed.

Truly infinite resources:
Adapted from the mod "Endless Resources", this made all the ores mine like oil. It's also been modified to make sure that ores cannot be depleted to a very slow mining speed. Please look 2 posts down if you wish to disable this feature. Requires map regeneration.

Power Fuel:
A 1GJ/1000MJ block of fuel made of either 80 solid fuel or 200 coal. Take a long time to compress all the power (120 or 180 seconds respectively) and compresses with a 62.5% efficiency. Extremely dense and works with all coal burning machines.

If you find any bugs, or want to request a feature, please do suggest something below!
Last edited by MatthewGB on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Ralord89
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.12.x] Mass Production V0.2.0

Post by Ralord89 »

Is there a way to have this mod WITHOUT the infinite resources? Also it says Ultra inserter is 'RECOMMENDED' for this mod... however this mod doesn't even work without Ultra inserter mod... needs changing. ALSO... when this mod is active it really slows down my game, and I have a pretty top-notch computer that has no other issues with other mods so something isn't working right.

MatthewGB
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.12.x] Mass Production V0.2.0

Post by MatthewGB »

You can remove the infinite resources part by going to %appdata%/Factorio/mods/MassProduction_2.0.0 and opening "data.lua"
Remove the part that says:
for k, v in pairs(data.raw.resource) do
data.raw.resource[k].infinite = true
data.raw.resource[k].minimum = 2
data.raw.resource[k].normal = 1
end

As for the lag, I'm afraid I've no idea. It runs fine on my FX-8120 desktop and i5-4420M laptop. Could you post your specs?

The warehouse and multiversal storages do lag a bit due to the fact that they are simply ridiculously huge, (500, 2500 slots respectively), and the game can't really handle that many slots.

I'm testing compatibility without Ultra Inserter now...
UPDATE: I've found the problem with the ultra inserter. One of the technologies added by the mod was trying to unlock the ultra inserter recipe. I'll have it patched ASAP
UPDATE 2: Mass Production 2.1.0 fixes this. Also a few other things added.

Return to “Mods”