[MOD 0.12.x] Spawn Belt 0.1.1

Post by barrykun »

Type: Mod
Name: Spawn Belt
Description: Create spawn & void belts to test throughput
Version: 0.1.1
Release: 2016-06-07
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.35
Category: (One of Alpha, Helper, Item, SimpleExtension, Gameplay, Convenience)

Download: https://github.com/MakuraYami/spawn-bel ... _0.1.1.zip
Github: https://github.com/MakuraYami/spawn-belt
Long description
Todos and bugs
Pictures
Version history

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Spawn Belt 0.1.1

Post by XBBX »

Cool mod I still want do some testing belts vs underground belts vs bots it will help allot thx

martingolding96
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by martingolding96 »

Cool i would only use the Void Belt

hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hyspeed »

This was super helpful for me to figure out layouts for furnaces and smelting.

I was able to figure out a way to 'simplify' and multi-dimensional furnace layout that could start at stone furnace and move up to electric - plus be easily used for steel. I wouldn't have been able to do it without being able to sit and watch an unlimited amount of iron fill the belts and confirm the balance of the output.

many thanks,
jon

barrykun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by barrykun »

hyspeed wrote:This was super helpful for me to figure out layouts for furnaces and smelting.
Great to hear that Jon! Let me know if you have any issue with the mod, or want to request something else that's not too complicated. :)

lordvizer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lordvizer »

please update it so it will work with 0.13.x :( all modes spotted when i update my game :D
and i look in the the modes files and i think if you just copy the code and made for copper ore it will be useful :)

barrykun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by barrykun »

lordvizer wrote:please update it so it will work with 0.13.x :( all modes spotted when i update my game :D
and i look in the the modes files and i think if you just copy the code and made for copper ore it will be useful :)
It's already updated! https://mods.factorio.com/mods/barrykun/spawn-belt its on the mod portal so you can get it by the "install mods" button ingame, also published a new "spawn-pump" mod that does the same but then for liquid.

lordvizer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lordvizer »

how to use it it ask user name and password

barrykun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by barrykun »

lordvizer wrote:how to use it it ask user name and password
To use mod portal you need to be logged in, same for auto updates. You use the account from factorio.com

Ranik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ranik »

I keep getting the following error on 13.5

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler:_ _spawn-
belt_ _/control.lua:31:bad argument #1 to 'insert'
(table expected, got nil)
It seems to only happen when I try to take a belt North/South from a chest. Any ideas?

barrykun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by barrykun »

Ranik wrote:I keep getting the following error on 13.5

Error while running the event handler:_ _spawn-
belt_ _/control.lua:31:bad argument #1 to 'insert'
(table expected, got nil)
It seems to only happen when I try to take a belt North/South from a chest. Any ideas?
Are you using it from the mod portal? I just updated it to 1.0.0 yesterday, adding circuit network support. I have not tester yet in 0.13.5 though, only 0.13.4 so there may be something there. I'm not at a pc right now but I'll test it later today and fix the issue. Thanks for reporting it :)

You can try instead of a chest adding it to circuit network and sending a signal to it

Camalie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Camalie »

I also get the error

Error while running the event handler: __spawn-belt__/control.lua:31: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
I am using the version from the mod portal (for 0.13.x). It has happened to me ~3 times, but whenever I try to reproduce it it doesn't work. The latest time it happened with simply the void belt: I loaded my game, used some spawn belts + chest (successfully), tested various setups, removed everything in that area, then later tried to use a void belt (vertical; if that matters) and the game crashed.

barrykun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by barrykun »

Camalie wrote:I also get the error

I am using the version from the mod portal (for 0.13.x). It has happened to me ~3 times, but whenever I try to reproduce it it doesn't work. The latest time it happened with simply the void belt: I loaded my game, used some spawn belts + chest (successfully), tested various setups, removed everything in that area, then later tried to use a void belt (vertical; if that matters) and the game crashed.
Thank you for the additional information, I had tried to reproduce this error after the last guy posted it but didn't get the error no matter what I tried. I'll take a look at it again and if necessary just add extra nil check to line 31 to prevent a crash. Expect update later tonight

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

I got this error message upon placing a voidbelt. You can see in the screenshot where I wanted to place it.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

I discovered something weird regarding the crash.

Most of the time I can place the belts without any problem but now I got a particular situation in which the error keeps coming up. This is the save file with which you can reproduce the error: https://we.tl/bL3GrLt5W6

Steps to reproduce:
- First delete all the voidbelts that are to the upperleft of where you spawn (the ones in the left belt-balancer test setup)
- Place either a voidbelt or a spawnbelt just above the test setup on the right (place them vertically).
- You get the error

Here comes the weird part, if you don't first the delete the other belts then you don't get the error.

barrykun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by barrykun »

Jupiter wrote:I got this error message upon placing a voidbelt. You can see in the screenshot where I wanted to place it.
I found the issue, new version (1.0.1) is on the mod portal, thanks for the reports and using the mod!

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

barrykun wrote:
Jupiter wrote:I got this error message upon placing a voidbelt. You can see in the screenshot where I wanted to place it.
I found the issue, new version (1.0.1) is on the mod portal, thanks for the reports and using the mod!
Awesome :)

Btw, my test results for anyone interested:
screenshot
Conclusion: both 2-3 belt balancers balance their input perfectly (I thought the left one would bias its right exit) but the balancer on the right doesn't allow full throughput. So use the left design.
This test was made possible by spawnbelt

*No warm was done to any logistics or construction bots during the execution of this test*

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Spawn belt no longer works in .13.10, just pops out coal and causes freezing and unfreezing.

barrykun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by barrykun »

Uh oh. Silly updates! Will try out 0.13.10 tomorrow and see what's up. Would be useful if you could share any errors you encounter, maybe describe at what point exactly the game freezes. And only coal seems weird, are you sure that's not because of circuit connection? It listens to those too.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

No circuit connections, had to delete all spawn belts to stop the pausing, about every second or so, pause, unpause, new belts starts off with iron then goes coal. Even with one belt you can see the slight pause when moving your character.

No hurry, just thought you would want to know.

Return to “Mods”