Introducing NARMod 4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Introducing NARMod 4.1

Post by Catbert »

Can't confirm the evaporator thing, i just used it for a short time until i had storage technology for gases...

Anyway, you are right with the pressure vessel. You have to open furnaces.lua in prototypes directory. At the end of the file change the line enabled= "false" to enabled= "true" and it will work.
Edit: only works for games created after changing the file. But you can give yourself a pressure vessel by opening the console and typing "/c game.local_player.insert{name="pressure-vessel", count=1}"

AlphaIndx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlphaIndx »

As for the evaporators, they make 1 unit out of ten units of the same gas, so you want the output of the evaporator to cycle back into the input for it to work without interruption.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Catbert wrote:Can't confirm the evaporator thing, i just used it for a short time until i had storage technology for gases...

Anyway, you are right with the pressure vessel. You have to open furnaces.lua in prototypes directory. At the end of the file change the line enabled= "false" to enabled= "true" and it will work.
Edit: only works for games created after changing the file. But you can give yourself a pressure vessel by opening the console and typing "/c game.local_player.insert{name="pressure-vessel", count=1}"

Thanks!
AlphaIndx wrote:As for the evaporators, they make 1 unit out of ten units of the same gas, so you want the output of the evaporator to cycle back into the input for it to work without interruption.
Nice loop :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

Looks like the game cannot be finished at the moment, the oxygen to liquid oxygen fuel recipe does not get activated when researching the rocket.

I created a new technology.lua file which will fix both the pressure vessel and the oxygen bug. With this fix, pressure vessel will get activated with aluminium research and liquid oxygen with the rocket research.

Download here and replace the old file in the Narmod/prototypes directory:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5494481451

Sadly, it only works for games created after replacing the file.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Catbert wrote:Looks like the game cannot be finished at the moment, the oxygen to liquid oxygen fuel recipe does not get activated when researching the rocket.

I created a new technology.lua file which will fix both the pressure vessel and the oxygen bug. With this fix, pressure vessel will get activated with aluminium research and liquid oxygen with the rocket research.

Download here and replace the old file in the Narmod/prototypes directory:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5494481451

Sadly, it only works for games created after replacing the file.
You have to reset recipes via console and maybe force activate the recipes if the technology is already researched, i.e. what you would do in a migration script.

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

You are right. Replacing the file and typing in the console

/c game.local_player.force.reset_technologies()

will fix existing games.

damienreave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by damienreave »

Hey everyone. I checked back a few times for the first few days but didn't get any responses here or on reddit, so I kind of forgot about this thread. Now I see there's been a bunch of activity! Let me respond to everything.
1. There are issues with what items can be handcrafted, and which cannot.
2. Some recipes are active, which should not be. Steel piping and underground steel pipes for one.
3. There are also missing some important items like the electric assembly machine lvl 1.
1. A few items (Wooden Tools and Workshop) need to be hand craft-able to prevent you from ever getting completely stuck or to allow you to start completely from scratch. If anything is hand craft-able besides those two things, let me know because its a bug.
2. Okay, I'll fix that.
3. That's deliberate because Assembling Machine 1 is just the Burner Assembler, but I've gotten this comment several times now, so I think I'll change things around for better clarity.
I really don't like this design decision. May you create a config for enable/disable this? If you want I'll write a mod for compatibility with angels mods/extend angels mods.
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan either. But I also don't like having tons of patches of various ores for a dozen different kinds of metals.

I was working on a system where you would extract specific kinds of mixed ores that could be crushed and sorted into 4-5 constituent metals, which would be the most realistic method, but it was a nightmare in game and not really very fun, so I abandoned that approach.

I do like the idea of making it possible to set in the config files to use either subsidiary ores or various kinds of ore patches.

I'm not familiar with Angels Mod but I'll look into it.
hmmm evaporator is not evaporating. o-o
So, this is because of a strange issue with the vanilla game. If you have a recipe that results in nothing, the game refuses to compile. So, the evaporator takes 10 units of a gas and turns it into 1 unit of the gas. In order to make it work, you need to loop the output back to the input so it will evaporate forever.

To be honest, that issue was one I ran into a year ago and I haven't tested if its been fixed. It makes no sense because you can make a recipe with no INPUTS just fine (compressed air, for example).
Also, pressure vessel structure is missing recipe and technology, im stuck when try to make aluminum. :/
I'll get that fixed.
Looks like the game cannot be finished at the moment, the oxygen to liquid oxygen fuel recipe does not get activated when researching the rocket.
Really? I'll get that fixed too.
You have to reset recipes via console and maybe force activate the recipes if the technology is already researched, i.e. what you would do in a migration script.
The mod used to automigrate, if I remember correctly, but I haven't looked at the code that does it in a year. Did they change how migration works?

damienreave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by damienreave »

Well, I don't have time today to give Angels Mod a proper look through, but from what I can tell, it looks pretty amazing. Its essentially what I was trying to do with my refining changes.

I'd love to make sure that NARMod is fully compatible with it, and package them together, with the permission of Angels Mod's author.

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cyres »

damienreave wrote:I'm not familiar with Angels Mod but I'll look into it.
May you have a look at my adjustments? There is an example for a progression chain too :)

luvsicpro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by luvsicpro »

I just wanted to say i've been waiting the whole year for this mod because its awesome :D It's brutal and pretty realistic (As far as a game like this can go) I think not having 20 different mineral patches for different ores is a great idea, but i'm also opposed to making everything from iron and copper because realism. Anywho, I hope you enjoy making this mod as much as I enjoy playing it thank you very much for the update and the mod. :mrgreen:

Are the list of 3.2 patch notes in the first post the 4.1 patch notes?

Also I love how unappealing the workshop is because it encourages you to rush burner assembly, just for visual sake :D

luvsicpro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by luvsicpro »

Err... sorry, whats the point of liquid metal? It's the same ratio as a furnace as far as I can tell, 1:1 ratio all the way thru but you have to add coke and limestone and compressed air and water.

kingofhell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kingofhell »

i've built electric furnace and when i open it it gives me list of everything and everything is red with no subcategories. i cannot make anything in it. is that normal?

damienreave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by damienreave »

Err... sorry, whats the point of liquid metal?
Its a step along the way for creating metal plates. Pipe it into a Forge to produce plates.
i've built electric furnace and when i open it it gives me list of everything and everything is red with no subcategories.
Electric Furnaces will work just like Smelters do... you put iron or copper ore in and get plates out.

They're barely even needed, since most everything in the upper tiers uses Steel and Copper (not low quality copper like you get from a smelter), but they exist so you can have production of the lower tiered stuff without using coal powered smelting.

kingofhell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kingofhell »

damienreave wrote:
Err... sorry, whats the point of liquid metal?
Its a step along the way for creating metal plates. Pipe it into a Forge to produce plates.
i've built electric furnace and when i open it it gives me list of everything and everything is red with no subcategories.
Electric Furnaces will work just like Smelters do... you put iron or copper ore in and get plates out.

They're barely even needed, since most everything in the upper tiers uses Steel and Copper (not low quality copper like you get from a smelter), but they exist so you can have production of the lower tiered stuff without using coal powered smelting.
what do u mean by will work? aren't they supposed to show normal ui when you open them then? i remember i needed it for something and that recipe showed electric furnace so i built it cause of that and i couldnt make that stuff. also i cant make aluminium or w/e its called, i did download that file which "fixes" it but i already had it researched so i cant build that shit, had to go and play with different mods, pretty sad, i loved this mod, i hope its all fixed and playable soon.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

damienreave wrote:Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?6kqu7c23hpsa4j1

Has it really been a year since my last release? Yeesh.
We thought you died or something... Sent you a bunch of PRs back on Github a while back. Quite a while back. https://github.com/damienreave/NARMod_0.4.1/pulls

Ran into some licensing issues with continuing on from where you left off, so started on a project that did not include ND graphics - https://github.com/Blu3wolf/HARDmod
Would love to have some feedback on that. Approval, disapproval, thoughts, ideas, suggestions, clarification of what you are claiming under that ARR, etc...

You very nearly managed to skip 0.12 entirely... nearly. Good to see you again!

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Nice mod, he kind of reminds me about cartmen overhaul, some sad that now cartmen stopped working with his entertaining creation
So any news about this mod?
Can somebody port this creation for 0.14 or may be 0.13? - i changed dependencies to 0.14 but game tells me that mod needs 0.12 version... How to teach this creation to work with 0.14 version?

This big mod is interesting challenge, i like it :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Return to “Mods”