[MOD 0.12.33+] Ressource Scanner

Topics and discussion about specific mods
lxl
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.12.33+] Ressource Scanner

Post by lxl »

Scans the ammount of ressources in a area a little smaller than maximum zoomed out.

Details:
Technically it is a mine with 113x113 area (=almost full screen), 0 mining speed and 999 mining hardness (So it can sum all ressources).
screenshot
ressource-scanner_0.0.0.zip
Ressource Scanner
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 199 times

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.33+] Ressource Scanner

Post by XBBX »

Cool mod but it will be even more cool if you add different tiers with different range or ability to change scanning range I will definitely try it for my self then I come back from work

lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lxl »

I hope u liked it.
If you want more tiers of a fixed range, what range(s) would you propose?

I'm not sure if i can change the range dynamic, because instead of active counting of ores the implementation of this mod is based on how mining drills are implemented. The range of a drill is defined during load time of the map, and not during run time (afaik). This would require doing more in lua than to copy and paste, and i'm not at this level of skill. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XBBX »

hmm maybe 2 tiers 120 and 60 if for some reason i don't want see combined resources from 2 patches of same resource and oil support if possible
paying around with your mod reali good tool if you need to now how much ore to expect from outpost already helped few times :D

lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lxl »

Oil support is difficult. I can figure out the existance of oil.. but i can't get the flow [oil/s ]

I have the idea to create a circle of recipes --> range 15 --> range 50 --> range 120 --> range fullscreen? --> range 15.
So the production menu will be the "gui".
Or i could just create 3 different scanners.

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XBBX »

I like idea of circle recipes it would be better than having even more items in your inventory atm even with inventory expansion mod I have problems with inventory space :D

Return to “Mods”